LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2016 Euros)

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2010 World

Postby thehockeyguru on Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:06 pm

Trip McNeely wrote:http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2012/07/05/3222212/bradley-undergoes-roma-medical-report?source=breakingnews

A good move for Bradley. Roma is a good young team who will really compete for a Champions League spot this year. They need to get better defensively and needed a solid all-around midfielder and now have one in Bradley.

I watch alot of Serie A soccer and I have to say that Bradley was probably Chievo's best player last year. Multiple times the top player of the match and played really well. Another positive step for US soccer

Bradley and De Rossi. Nice midfield.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby the errey i breathe on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:51 am

HELP ME PICK A TEAM!

I think this year I'm going to try to watch more Premier league than I have in the past. I'm a big AC Milan fan so I watch a lot of Serie A and know those teams but due to my lack of knowledge about the prem I have no rooting interests and little knowledge about the clubs. I've already got my 'giant' team to follow in Milan so I'd like to follow a mid/lower table team that is exciting to watch and can occasionally knock off a top table team or finish in contention for Euro spot occasionally. Just looking at the table from last year and knowledge I do have about certain clubs, I am not interested in Man City, Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool. I'd be interested in opinions about the remaining clubs. Thanks!
the errey i breathe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Kraftster on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:54 am

Norwich!!
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pfim on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:08 am

thehockeyguru wrote:
Trip McNeely wrote:http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2012/07/05/3222212/bradley-undergoes-roma-medical-report?source=breakingnews

A good move for Bradley. Roma is a good young team who will really compete for a Champions League spot this year. They need to get better defensively and needed a solid all-around midfielder and now have one in Bradley.

I watch alot of Serie A soccer and I have to say that Bradley was probably Chievo's best player last year. Multiple times the top player of the match and played really well. Another positive step for US soccer

Bradley and De Rossi. Nice midfield.

Similar players in terms of style, I think.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pfim on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:10 am

the errey i breathe wrote:HELP ME PICK A TEAM!

I think this year I'm going to try to watch more Premier league than I have in the past. I'm a big AC Milan fan so I watch a lot of Serie A and know those teams but due to my lack of knowledge about the prem I have no rooting interests and little knowledge about the clubs. I've already got my 'giant' team to follow in Milan so I'd like to follow a mid/lower table team that is exciting to watch and can occasionally knock off a top table team or finish in contention for Euro spot occasionally. Just looking at the table from last year and knowledge I do have about certain clubs, I am not interested in Man City, Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool. I'd be interested in opinions about the remaining clubs. Thanks!

Everton will suck the life out of you, if you're into the financial aspect of sports and like an underdog, that's the club for you. They play at the level of their competition, meaning they'll get points off the big clubs and lose points to the relegation fodder.

It's fun to follow one of the promoted sides (West Ham, Reading, Southampton) but if they go back down to the Championship the next season, it's a bit more difficult to follow them.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Gaucho on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:54 am

Swansea. Trust me.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Loaf31 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:57 am

Hope that the Dempsey to LFC rumors are true
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Rylan on Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:53 pm

Wolverhampton was the team I would follow, too bad they suck. :(
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Gaucho on Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:07 pm

Rylan wrote:Wolverhampton was the team I would follow, too bad they suck. :(

Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, Kevin Rowland, and Eric Idle are all Wolves' fans, so you'd be in good company.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rylan on Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:20 pm

Robert Plant and I share a birthday.

But those 4 are pretty awesome, so I will accept that :fist:
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Gaucho on Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:23 pm

Plus, I happen to own two Wolves' jerseys. :wink:
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rylan on Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:24 pm

Gaucho wrote:Plus, I happen to own two Wolves' jerseys. :wink:

I knew I thought you were cool. :fist:
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Ossa on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:52 pm

I'm a Man City fan but if I had to choose a team it would probably be The Swans. It's kinda like watching an AHL hockey team with Jonathan Quick in goal. Michel Vorm is just so entertaining to watch and makes sick saves every game.
Ossa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby the errey i breathe on Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:30 am

Milan sold Ibra & Silva to PSG. I'm okay with the Ibra move as he's 30, crazy and maybe makes too much money in their eyes. I'm not a fan of relying on Pato to stay healthy and I don't know if he, Robinho & Cassano are enough to get it done. I have no idea what they're doing with Silva though. There is no replacement and their back line was already shaky with him in the lineup.
the errey i breathe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Gaucho on Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:38 am

Ibrahimovic is coming off his best season ever, though. Money seems to be a little tight at Milan these days.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pfim on Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:44 am

the errey i breathe wrote:Milan sold Ibra & Silva to PSG. I'm okay with the Ibra move as he's 30, crazy and maybe makes too much money in their eyes. I'm not a fan of relying on Pato to stay healthy and I don't know if he, Robinho & Cassano are enough to get it done. I have no idea what they're doing with Silva though. There is no replacement and their back line was already shaky with him in the lineup.

they need money.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby largegarlic on Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:25 pm

Thought I'd revive this thread seeing as we have the US/Mexico "friendly" tonight and the start of the EPL right around the corner.

I'm quite annoyed that Van Persie went to Man U. That doesn't work well with my anyone but Man U, Man City, or Chelsea rooting interests. Hopefully, Arsenal's other signings can make up for the loss of Van Persie.
largegarlic
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:35 pm

Holy F. Just saw the RVP news.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kraftster on Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:37 pm

largegarlic wrote:Thought I'd revive this thread seeing as we have the US/Mexico "friendly" tonight and the start of the EPL right around the corner.

I'm quite annoyed that Van Persie went to Man U. That doesn't work well with my anyone but Man U, Man City, or Chelsea rooting interests. Hopefully, Arsenal's other signings can make up for the loss of Van Persie.

Puke. I hadn't seen that move. Any news on who Arsenal are targeting?

I am anxious to see what Chelsea look like this year, I think I'm going to really like watching.

We should do an LGP Fantasy Futbol league with a bit more time to get it organized this year than last year (I think we had like 5 people).
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:40 pm

What stats are even recorded in fantasy soccer? I did it once but didn't care for it and now I do not remember how it was set up.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby largegarlic on Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:47 pm

Kraftster wrote:
largegarlic wrote:Thought I'd revive this thread seeing as we have the US/Mexico "friendly" tonight and the start of the EPL right around the corner.

I am anxious to see what Chelsea look like this year, I think I'm going to really like watching.

We should do an LGP Fantasy Futbol league with a bit more time to get it organized this year than last year (I think we had like 5 people).

I know Arsenal already signed Lukas Podolski, Santi Cazorla, and some guy Giroud, about whom I know nothing, but is supposedly an up-and-comer. From a biased US point of view, I wouldn't mind them signing Dempsey as well--same age as Van Persie, also in the top 5 in goals last year.
largegarlic
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby largegarlic on Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:08 pm

Kraftster wrote:

I'd probably be down for a fantasy futbol league. Would it be EPL?
largegarlic
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Rocco on Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:59 pm

So does Lord Ferd plan on playing RVP in central midfield, or are they using the Kevin Colbert strategy of fixing a major weakness by ignoring that roster spot and making other roster spots really good?
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Avyran on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:04 pm

Rocco wrote:So does Lord Ferd plan on playing RVP in central midfield, or are they using the Kevin Colbert strategy of fixing a major weakness by ignoring that roster spot and making other roster spots really good?

2-1-4-3.

Vidic / Ferdinand (for the first minute until he gets injured, then Smalling / Jones / Evans). Scholes defensive midfield. Valencia / Kagawa / Young / Nani attacking midfield. Rooney / RVP / Welbeck front. Berbatov & Chicarito forever benched.

There were rumors that Nuri Sahin would be going to Liverpool for a loan. I think he'd fit Man U much better, but whatever. They came within a minute of winning the league last year; this year's going to much, much more of a challenge. It'll be fun to watch.

And I'd be down to joining the EPL fantasy league again; need to defend my title. :wink:
Avyran
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Rocco on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:22 pm

Avyran wrote:
Rocco wrote:So does Lord Ferd plan on playing RVP in central midfield, or are they using the Kevin Colbert strategy of fixing a major weakness by ignoring that roster spot and making other roster spots really good?

2-1-4-3.

Vidic / Ferdinand (for the first minute until he gets injured, then Smalling / Jones / Evans). Scholes defensive midfield. Valencia / Kagawa / Young / Nani attacking midfield. Rooney / RVP / Welbeck front. Berbatov & Chicarito forever benched.

There were rumors that Nuri Sahin would be going to Liverpool for a loan. I think he'd fit Man U much better, but whatever. They came within a minute of winning the league last year; this year's going to much, much more of a challenge. It'll be fun to watch.

And I'd be down to joining the EPL fantasy league again; need to defend my title. :wink:

What will they do once Scholes tries to tackle someone and gets sent off?
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR