LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World Cup)

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby IamtheWaris on Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:12 am

That sounds brutal.

On average in those games, Arsenal's opponents will have 10.5 domestic league championships per game if that makes any sense.
IamtheWaris
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby Gaucho on Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:21 am

I think in a way that short stretch with games vs Sunderland, Swansea and Stoke could turn out to be the biggest challenge.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,556
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby IamtheWaris on Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:47 am

Speaking of Sunderland, they just recalled Connor Wickham from Sheffield Wednesday. Not looking good for Altidore. What a terrible move that has been for him. He hasn't helped himself at all. Every time I watch him play he is the laziest player on the field.
IamtheWaris
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby pfim on Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:04 pm

IamtheWaris wrote:Speaking of Sunderland, they just recalled Connor Wickham from Sheffield Wednesday. Not looking good for Altidore. What a terrible move that has been for him. He hasn't helped himself at all. Every time I watch him play he is the laziest player on the field.


Yes, it was obviously a terrible move for him from the start and he's been terrible.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,789
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:35 am
Location: Sitting in front of my computer

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby WDWBurghGooner on Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:07 pm

Altidore is more proof that you can score as many goals as you want in the Eredivisie and it doesn't really mean much.
WDWBurghGooner
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 856
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:42 pm
Location: Vulcania

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby WDWBurghGooner on Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:09 pm

Gaucho wrote:
IamtheWaris wrote:
Feb 8 7:45 ET Liverpool v Arsenal Anfield Premier League
Feb 12 2:45 ET Arsenal v Manchester United Emirates Stadium Premier League
Feb 15 TBA Arsenal v Liverpool Emirates Stadium FA Cup
Feb 19 2:45 ET Arsenal v Bayern Munich Emirates Stadium UEFA Champions League (Round of 16)
Feb 22 10:00 ET Arsenal v Sunderland Emirates Stadium Premier League
Mar 1 10:00 ET Stoke City v Arsenal Britannia Stadium Premier League
Mar 8 10:00 ET Arsenal v Swansea City Emirates Stadium Premier League
Mar 11 3:45 ET Bayern Munich v Arsenal Allianz Arena UEFA Champions League (Round of 16)
Mar 15 11:00 ET Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal White Hart Lane Premier League
Mar 22 11:00 ET Chelsea v Arsenal Stamford Bridge Premier League
Mar 29 11:00 ET Arsenal v Manchester City Emirates Stadium Premier League
Apr 5 10:00 ET Everton v Arsenal Goodison Park Premier League



That is brutal


That's not brutal. Brutal is playing Erzgebirge Aue on a Friday night in December and watching Francky Sembolo trying to impersonate a professonal football player.


Fair enough.
WDWBurghGooner
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 856
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:42 pm
Location: Vulcania

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby WDWBurghGooner on Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:09 pm

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... han-cabaye

PSG agrees a fee to sign Cabaye.

Nocerino and Borriello have signed for West Ham on loan.
WDWBurghGooner
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 856
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:42 pm
Location: Vulcania

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby Loaf31 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:22 pm

WDWBurghGooner wrote:http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/9137237/newcastle-and-psg-agree-deal-in-principle-for-yohan-cabaye

PSG agrees a fee to sign Cabaye.

Nocerino and Borriello have signed for West Ham on loan.


As long as Cabaye doesn't go to Man U, I'm fine with it
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,561
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:25 pm
Location: Fredericktown, PA

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby Kraftster on Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:35 pm

Gaucho - how do you think a Draxler-to-striker conversion would go?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,102
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby Gaucho on Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:34 am

Kraftster wrote:Gaucho - how do you think a Draxler-to-striker conversion would go?


Is that the plan? I thought in today's football he already passes for a striker. He's fast and good in 1-on-1 situations, but unlike Podolski not restricted to the left wing. He'd be a great for Arsenal.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,556
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby Kraftster on Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:44 am

Gaucho wrote:
Kraftster wrote:Gaucho - how do you think a Draxler-to-striker conversion would go?


Is that the plan? I thought in today's football he already passes for a striker. He's fast and good in 1-on-1 situations, but unlike Podolski not restricted to the left wing. He'd be a great for Arsenal.


Lot of rumblings about the possibility since there're so many flank options in the team already. It seems like it could work, I just wasn't sure about his finishing capabilities. I guess his goal totals could be more a reflection upon how he is being utilized than anything else. Has he played wide exclusively at Schalke? Any time in a False 9 role for Germany youth teams (or Schalke)?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,102
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby Gaucho on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:02 am

Kraftster wrote:
Gaucho wrote:
Kraftster wrote:Gaucho - how do you think a Draxler-to-striker conversion would go?


Is that the plan? I thought in today's football he already passes for a striker. He's fast and good in 1-on-1 situations, but unlike Podolski not restricted to the left wing. He'd be a great for Arsenal.


Lot of rumblings about the possibility since there're so many flank options in the team already. It seems like it could work, I just wasn't sure about his finishing capabilities. I guess his goal totals could be more a reflection upon how he is being utilized than anything else. Has he played wide exclusively at Schalke? Any time in a False 9 role for Germany youth teams (or Schalke)?


I don't really know how he was used in juniors. He usually plays wide, but likes to drift to the centre. I guess if you played him at centre forward his goal totals would go up considerably, but I'm not sure you're making full use of his capabilities in that role.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,556
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby Avyran on Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:41 pm

Excited for the games today. Mata & Van Persie starting vs. Cardiff, Arsenal vs. Southampton, Merseyside derby... should be fun.

-- Edit: Though NBC not showing Liverpool versus Everton (and not explaining why in the corner) is kinda amusing... they're forcing Manchester United down our throats :P , both on NBCSN & online. (Online feed also goes to this game.)
Avyran
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,440
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:45 pm

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby Kraftster on Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:54 pm

What defensive prowess, Arteta.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,102
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby Rocco on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:18 pm

The Liverpool battle station is fully armed and operational.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 36,056
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby GaryRissling on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:32 pm

So United might go to fifth after this round, picking up Mata and getting healthier. If RVP/Rooney can stay/get healthy; they can go on quite a run. Not that that would make me happy.
GaryRissling
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,636
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:58 pm

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby Kraftster on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:42 pm

SOU one of the worst teams to face when playing with that level of nonchalance. Yuck.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,102
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby IamtheWaris on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:49 pm

Stevie Heighway on the wing
IamtheWaris
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby WDWBurghGooner on Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:06 pm

Southampton were excellent. Arsenal didn't even deserve a point tonight.

Ramsey is out for a further 4-6 weeks, tough to take.
WDWBurghGooner
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 856
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:42 pm
Location: Vulcania

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby WDWBurghGooner on Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:48 am

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... an-draxler

Arsenal delegation in Germany negotiating a fee for Draxler.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... onoplyanka

Liverpool in negotiations for Konoplyanka.
WDWBurghGooner
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 856
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:42 pm
Location: Vulcania

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby Rocco on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:14 am

WDWBurghGooner wrote:http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/9139706/transfer-news-arsenal-in-talks-over-schalke-midfielder-julian-draxler

Arsenal delegation in Germany negotiating a fee for Draxler.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... onoplyanka

Liverpool in negotiations for Konoplyanka.


Tottenham have never heard of this person but are going to sign him since Pool are going to spend more so he can sit on their bench.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 36,056
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby Loaf31 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:49 pm

I really hope that Arsenal do not sign Draxler, he is one of my favorite players and I do not want to hate him like Ozil.

As for Konoplyanka, I am extremely excited by this. If LFC get him and a Defensive Mid/ Fullback, it will have been an awesome window
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,561
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:25 pm
Location: Fredericktown, PA

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby WDWBurghGooner on Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:08 pm

Loaf31 wrote:I really hope that Arsenal do not sign Draxler, he is one of my favorite players and I do not want to hate him like Ozil.

As for Konoplyanka, I am extremely excited by this. If LFC get him and a Defensive Mid/ Fullback, it will have been an awesome window


Felt the same way all the times Darijo Srna was linked with your mob in the past.
WDWBurghGooner
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 856
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:42 pm
Location: Vulcania

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby Loaf31 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:32 pm

WDWBurghGooner wrote:
Loaf31 wrote:I really hope that Arsenal do not sign Draxler, he is one of my favorite players and I do not want to hate him like Ozil.

As for Konoplyanka, I am extremely excited by this. If LFC get him and a Defensive Mid/ Fullback, it will have been an awesome window


Felt the same way all the times Darijo Srna was linked with your mob in the past.


The German national team is my faovrite to follow (sans US) but I'm just going to stop liking Germans.....First I was a Podolinski fan....Arsenal. Then I liked Ozil....Arsenal. Now I have become a Draxler fan...Hopefully the streak ends here.
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,561
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:25 pm
Location: Fredericktown, PA

Re: LGP Futbol Thread - (CL, EPL, Serie A, Liga, 2014 World

Postby Gaucho on Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:29 pm

Holy Villa. 0-2, 3-2, 3-3 all in the 1st half. They need a win.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,556
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


e-mail