The Pro Wrestling Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby Pavel Bure on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:49 pm

Raw presage password for march is

rawpitt

Stars tomorrow
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby skullman80 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:06 am

Fun night. Actually left right before the Del Rio/Cena streetfight as I didn't care to see it and wanted to beat traffic.

Had a good time though.... crowd was out of energy though for the most part once Raw rolled around. Too much too tape all at once.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:08 am

They basically started taping Smackdown right at 7. Miz TV was the first thing they did. Raw started a bit after 9 I think. We left a little after 11, before the Del Rio/Cena streetfight.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby nocera on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:17 am

Great story on WWECW told by those who suffered through it.
http://www.wwe.com/classics/ecw/the-tru ... w-relaunch
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:27 am

skullman80 wrote:Fun night. Actually left right before the Del Rio/Cena streetfight as I didn't care to see it and wanted to beat traffic.

Had a good time though.... crowd was out of energy though for the most part once Raw rolled around. Too much too tape all at once.

Del Rio face turn is already done? Well that didn't take long.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:28 am

JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:29 am

JS© wrote:
skullman80 wrote:Fun night. Actually left right before the Del Rio/Cena streetfight as I didn't care to see it and wanted to beat traffic.

Del Rio face turn is already done? Well that didn't take long.

They had Del Rio run over Santa Clause at the beginning of Raw. Santa had to be taken out on a stretcher.

I'm not kidding.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Spangler on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:38 am

I was at the event too, I've never been to a televised show, so this was my first time. I left soon after the Del Rio/Cena match too. You're right about the crowd during RAW: Smackdown drained all the energy.

The "You killed Santa" chant was :thumb:

I had a good time, as well. Listening to Punk on the mic was easily worth the price of admission for me (even though I went for free). His Smackdown promo had me zoned in the entire time. It had to have been at least 20 minutes.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:44 am

Cena/Dorito match was actually lots of fun. Not great wrestling wise but high on comedy in a good way.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Why Not Us on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:44 am

I had a great time. Really distracting during Cena/Sheamus vs Show/Ziggler when they were decorating the stage with the Christmas trees & gifts.

Loved Punk's mic work tonight, couldn't pass up the "Knees 2 Faces, 25/8/366" shirt

I definitely won't be re-watching that Raw on Christmas Eve though.
Why Not Us
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DudeMan2766 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:41 am

I just got home and watching my dvr of smack down. I was wondering WTF happened. I got to my seat right at 8 and somehow missed this MizTV segment. I was having fun for a while, but this is the 3rd time in a year and half WWE has been in Pittsburgh, and I don't think one single story line has been touched or advanced. It's all seemed like go thru the motions matches, thank you Pittsburgh, goodnight.

Punk by far was the best of the night... Twice.
''I work year round, unlike those women you call the Pittsburgh Penguins who are on strike!''

and that Cena/Del Rio match, yeah its their Christmas Show, but I can go see the Globetrotters game next week for half what I paid. That's what that felt like.

Brad Maddox is really really growing on me. He just makes me laugh.

Another point, I love little kids enthusiasm for wrestling. I was sitting being a guy with his young son. Kids in all Cena gear, headband, wristband, foam finger. His dad is going full on heel mode with us, and his kid is giving it right back to us. The "yes/no" chants, the "lets go cena/cena sucks" chants. It was awesome. Then his dad told him Christmas may be cancelled as Santa was being carried out on the stretcher. The when Santa gave the thumbs up the kid went nuts and told his dad its back on. That was all fun. Kid even was doin the Hoeski chants.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby DudeMan2766 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:57 am

Also its worth the price of admission not to have to hear them say "Pack mentality" 15 times while the shield is beating someone up
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby DudeMan2766 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:07 am

Spoilered. Not that its anything important at all, but in case no one wants to know. Actually not even a RAW result in there

Spoiler:
lolololol Santino beat Tensai?? I heard the music while I was on the concourse but thought it had to be a DQ or interference or something. Albert was a monster for about 4 days, next thing you know you're in Pittsburgh losing to Santino and wearing a Santa hat during a LumberJack-Frost Match
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:25 am

shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:30 am

I do have to say that Cena live is pretty impressive total package wise. He works the crowd, wrestles, listens to the people, and is all around pretty great... Cena sucks though, yeah.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby skullman80 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:50 am

Cena love him or hate him gets a huge response from the crowd whether it's cheer's or boo's.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby steelhammer on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:33 pm

I had a great time as well, but I was also quite faded by the time RAW began. The Smackdown was phenomenal! I look forward to watching it at home. I hope RAW comes across a lot better when they edit the footage. There was so little interaction with the crowd during RAW outside of Punk. I too enjoyed the Del Rio / Cena fight at the end. Very well done. Good choice on Del Rio as well since he is kind of half-face right now.

Agree totally about seeing the kids go nuts for WWE. That was my take-home as well from the RAW taping in May I went to. Gives me hope about wrestling's future. I'm glad it is the way it is now and the kids can enjoy it like the way I did as a lad. I'd hate to see them have to sit though some of the later attitude-era stuff. I know I walked away from it at that point, cringe.
steelhammer
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:43 pm

steelhammer wrote:I had a great time as well, but I was also quite faded by the time RAW began. The Smackdown was phenomenal! I look forward to watching it at home. I hope RAW comes across a lot better when they edit the footage. There was so little interaction with the crowd during RAW outside of Punk. I too enjoyed the Del Rio / Cena fight at the end. Very well done. Good choice on Del Rio as well since he is kind of half-face right now.

Agree totally about seeing the kids go nuts for WWE. That was my take-home as well from the RAW taping in May I went to. Gives me hope about wrestling's future. I'm glad it is the way it is now and the kids can enjoy it like the way I did as a lad. I'd hate to see them have to sit though some of the later attitude-era stuff. I know I walked away from it at that point, cringe.

Seriously where we were sitting there was a kid, had to be maybe 5 years old, the entire Cena/Dorito match was yelling, "You killed Santa!" and every time someone yelled, "Cena sucks!" the kid would get incredulous about, "No he doesn't! You're wrong!" and then go on to start a "Lets go Cena!" chant just to go back and forth with the people yelling, "Cena sucks."

Then there was this guy
He was asleep for most of the show, snoring, and drooling on himself. It was pretty funny. He had his little kid there so I'm guessing it was just a hard working Dad giving his kid an early Christmas present. I lost it every time he snored though.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby skullman80 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:47 pm

What section were you in Pavel? I think you were pretty close to me. I was in 204.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:50 pm

skullman80 wrote:What section were you in Pavel? I think you were pretty close to me. I was in 204.

I was in 203 but right next to 204. row B seats 13 I think.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby steelhammer on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:55 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:
steelhammer wrote:I had a great time as well, but I was also quite faded by the time RAW began. The Smackdown was phenomenal! I look forward to watching it at home. I hope RAW comes across a lot better when they edit the footage. There was so little interaction with the crowd during RAW outside of Punk. I too enjoyed the Del Rio / Cena fight at the end. Very well done. Good choice on Del Rio as well since he is kind of half-face right now.

Seriously where we were sitting there was a kid, had to be maybe 5 years old, the entire Cena/Dorito match was yelling, "You killed Santa!" and every time someone yelled, "Cena sucks!" the kid would get incredulous about, "No he doesn't! You're wrong!" and then go on to start a "Lets go Cena!" chant just to go back and forth with the people yelling, "Cena sucks."

Then there was this guy
He was asleep for most of the show, snoring, and drooling on himself. It was pretty funny. He had his little kid there so I'm guessing it was just a hard working Dad giving his kid an early Christmas present. I lost it every time he snored though.

LOL. That wasn't me, but I know someone who was full-out heel in a similar fashion to a group of young kids near his section. I was in Section 111 who stood up and clapped for all of the heels. I have a pic of someone next to us sleeping (passed out?) as well, but I'll hold off posting it. Hahahaha.
steelhammer
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby skullman80 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:57 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:
skullman80 wrote:What section were you in Pavel? I think you were pretty close to me. I was in 204.

I was in 203 but right next to 204. row B seats 13 I think.

We were in Row G... seats 1,2,3...so we weren't far apart at all.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:58 pm

We had a guy dresssed in a lucha libre mask and cape in the row in front of us. It was red/white/blue USA style.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:59 pm

Also a cool Daniel Bryan story from yesterday....

http://www.wpxi.com/news/entertainment/ ... wwe/nTZfX/
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Spangler on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:38 pm

There were a couple guys next to me who took everything way too seriously the entire night like everything was real. I even heard the ushers behind me commenting about them.

I can't complain about it though, because it's guys like that who make for a good crowd.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to NHR