The Pro Wrestling Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby SolidSnake on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:01 pm

how did the dry ice get on him? from the fog?
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:19 pm

nocera wrote:That white goo on HHH during his entrance? Dry ice
which gave him 2nd degree burns.

(pic inside)
https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/321767376171446274

Someone is fired.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby CERV96 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:24 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:
nocera wrote:That white goo on HHH during his entrance? Dry ice
which gave him 2nd degree burns.

(pic inside)
https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/321767376171446274

Someone is fired.

Maybe the guy who was supposed to rig the Spanish anounce table can join him?
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby JS© on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:28 pm

That dude has dropped the ball on the last 3-4 PPVs
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:02 pm

Ahhnold name drops the Burgh while instoducing Bruno at te HOF and gets a pop
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Cagsjr724 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:16 am

DudeMan2766 wrote:Ahhnold name drops the Burgh while instoducing Bruno at te HOF and gets a pop

HAHA My 77 year old Grandfather called me and asked me if I was watching Bruno get inducted into the HOF tonight. My Grandfather started telling me about all the times he met Bruno through the years, I had no idea he was a wrestling fan back in his day. I will never forget this conversation with my Grandfather.
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby CERV96 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:41 am

Old marks loved Bruno
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Nizzy on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:25 am

I really enjoyed the HHH vs Brock fight. Thought it was the best of the night.

Undertaker vs Punk ending was dumb. They just kept reversing each others finishers until Undertaker got the 2nd (Terrible) Tombstone? Oh wait then Rock vs Cena did the same thing.

Rock vs Cena, I just hate everything John Cena. His face. His arrogance. He's insulting to the Marines. It's just pathetic. Obviously because the Rock isn't staying in the WWE, they can't keep him the champ. I liked the Rock telling him to get you Mother &*&*^&&*er LOL.

I thought the event was much better than last year, but this year was still dull. I probably will watch next year's (30th) and then be done with the WWE.
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:27 am

Nizzy wrote: I just hate everything John Cena. His face. His arrogance. He's insulting to the Marines.

But Randy Orton is the one that got a bad conduct discharge :lol:
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby nocera on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:55 am

Cagsjr724 wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:Ahhnold name drops the Burgh while instoducing Bruno at te HOF and gets a pop

HAHA My 77 year old Grandfather called me and asked me if I was watching Bruno get inducted into the HOF tonight. My Grandfather started telling me about all the times he met Bruno through the years, I had no idea he was a wrestling fan back in his day. I will never forget this conversation with my Grandfather.

Since his HOF announcement, my grandfather, my father, and my girlfriend's stepfather have all told me about watching Bruno wrestle on Sundays at the Civic Arena. I don't know if I can ever really comprehend just how big of a deal he was.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:09 am

Yeah its hard for me since he was before my time but from what I've read and heard he is one of if not the biggest and respected guys in the history of the wrestling business. There was Bruno and there was everyone else during his time. I mean he held the title for what ... 7 years?
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Tim Thomasen on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:27 am

skullman80 wrote:Yeah its hard for me since he was before my time but from what I've read and heard he is one of if not the biggest and respected guys in the history of the wrestling business. There was Bruno and there was everyone else during his time. I mean he held the title for what ... 7 years?

Close to eight years. His first reign as champion was from May of 1963 to January of 1971 where he lost the belt to Ivan Koloff.

Like Nocera, I can't comprehend how big of a star he was because he was before my time obviously and the fact I never seen him wrestle, but my grandfather who is a diehard wrestling fan would tell me stories about him, going to the arena to see him and his wrestling abilities.

But as a person who takes a great deal of pride of being from the Pittsburgh area, i'm proud that one of the greatest wrestlers ever set up shop here and for that alone i'm glad he's in the HOF (on top of him being a great wrestler of course).
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Postby JS© on Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:49 pm

Fandango theme is currently #11 on the UK iTunes charts.

http://snkhan.co.uk/stuff/iTunes.php
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:24 pm

JS© wrote:Fandango theme is currently #11 on the UK iTunes charts.

http://snkhan.co.uk/stuff/iTunes.php

That crowd Monday is going to do the same for Fandango as it did for Daniel Bryan last year. Some people I know even posted stuff about the Fandango revolution on facebook. Granted, it may just be all for sillyness because of his silly character, but I hope it doesnt turn into a Zack Ryder thing where he gets a quick push to satisfy people then burried. I find it funny how all the girls i know that watch wrestling or watched WM with us hate the guy, and the guys I know are starting to come around to him lol. I thought it was the dumbest thing thru the promos and his first appearance, then about 2 or 3 times in im like, ...alright this is pretty funny.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Froggy on Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:04 pm

i love Fandangoo. he's a dorky character. wrestling was better with dorky characters
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby columbia on Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:31 pm

John Cena, WrestleMania 29, and WWE's Perception Problem
How WWE manages to prop up its biggest star when so many wrestling fans just can't stand him
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/915 ... -stand-him
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby nocera on Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:41 pm

I'm a little afraid to say this, but I'm already sick of hearing about the Fandango theme and how amazing the crowd was, especially after reading some on-site reports from smarks in attendance. And it's only been 2 days since Raw.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:13 pm

nocera wrote:I'm a little afraid to say this, but I'm already sick of hearing about the Fandango theme and how amazing the crowd was, especially after reading some on-site reports from smarks in attendance. And it's only been 2 days since Raw.

I was tired of all it that night during raw
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Cagsjr724 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:54 pm

it wont last. Remember the YES! chants during the RAW after Mania last year? Vince did everything in his power to make that go away and he will do the same thing with the dada da da dada chant. Next weeks Raw will have the same dull crowed we are all used too.
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pavel Bure on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:05 am

Cagsjr724 wrote:it wont last. Remember the YES! chants during the RAW after Mania last year? Vince did everything in his power to make that go away and he will do the same thing with the dada da da dada chant. Next weeks Raw will have the same dull crowed we are all used too.

I think Fandango is different than DB.

DB got buried in 18 seconds, Vince was trying to get him out of the picture and shove him down. The crowd revolted.

Fandango was going to get pushed pretty hard anyway but this time the crowd has revolted by cheering for a terrible gimmick that Vince was going to push anyway. I doubt Vince kills this momentum. If he was going to the announcers on Raw wouldn't have mentioned it much and downplayed it in a huge way.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby nocera on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:19 am

All he'd have to do to get him heat is change his theme song
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:32 am

Apparently WWE is going to build a Kane/DB/Taker vs. The Shield match for Extreme Rules... will they actually have Taker's team lose? Will Taker actually wrestle more than once this year? I think IF he does wrestle and IF he does lose it's a signal that he will end the streak at WM:XXX
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Cagsjr724 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:28 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:Apparently WWE is going to build a Kane/DB/Taker vs. The Shield match for Extreme Rules... will they actually have Taker's team lose? Will Taker actually wrestle more than once this year? I think IF he does wrestle and IF he does lose it's a signal that he will end the streak at WM:XXX

Unfortunately this wont happen although it should. from ewrestlingnews.com

Spoiler:
On TV this week, WWE ran angles where The Shield was going to attack The Undertaker (RAW) and Triple H (on tomorrow's SmackDown). Both times, Team Hell No made the save.

At this time, the plans going forward do not involve Triple H or The Undertaker wrestling against The Shield. They were used as a way to kick off a feud between The Shield and Team Hell No. The current plan is for Team Hell No to defend the tag team titles against The Shield at Extreme Rules, where they will likely drop the titles.
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DudeMan2766 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:37 am

Cagsjr724 wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:Apparently WWE is going to build a Kane/DB/Taker vs. The Shield match for Extreme Rules... will they actually have Taker's team lose? Will Taker actually wrestle more than once this year? I think IF he does wrestle and IF he does lose it's a signal that he will end the streak at WM:XXX

Unfortunately this wont happen although it should. from ewrestlingnews.com

Spoiler:
On TV this week, WWE ran angles where The Shield was going to attack The Undertaker (RAW) and Triple H (on tomorrow's SmackDown). Both times, Team Hell No made the save.

At this time, the plans going forward do not involve Triple H or The Undertaker wrestling against The Shield. They were used as a way to kick off a feud between The Shield and Team Hell No. The current plan is for Team Hell No to defend the tag team titles against The Shield at Extreme Rules, where they will likely drop the titles.

UGH. No one cares about the tag titles :thumbdown:
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby DudeMan2766 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:04 pm

Alternate designs for the new title revealed. Yikes

http://www.wwe.com/inside/alternate-wwe-title-designs-photos
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

PreviousNext