The Pro Wrestling Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby Froggy on Mon May 27, 2013 10:42 pm

Ok... The Wyatt Family. they are good. They should fit in well.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Cagsjr724 on Mon May 27, 2013 10:44 pm

Froggy wrote:Ok... The Wyatt Family. they are good. They should fit in well.

Is the guy in the middle Husky Harris from the Nexus??
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby She'sTheFastest on Mon May 27, 2013 10:46 pm

So there's 3 of them. Will they be fighting the Shield?
She'sTheFastest
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Froggy on Mon May 27, 2013 10:48 pm

Cagsjr724 wrote:
Froggy wrote:Ok... The Wyatt Family. they are good. They should fit in well.

Is the guy in the middle Husky Harris from the Nexus??

good eye.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Cagsjr724 on Mon May 27, 2013 10:48 pm

So if been flipping between raw and Chi-Det. I caught Jericho's highlight reel. Anyone else excited about Punk coming back in three weeks?? Im shocked it hasn't been brought up yet in this thread.
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby SolidSnake on Mon May 27, 2013 10:52 pm

So how come everyone that comes from "NXT" is unstoppable? that'd be like Iron Mike Shark coming out in today's wrestling and winning the WWE belt
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby She'sTheFastest on Mon May 27, 2013 10:55 pm

SolidSnake wrote:So how come everyone that comes from "NXT" is unstoppable? that'd be like Iron Mike Shark coming out in today's wrestling and winning the WWE belt

Because the WWE hasn't been able to build a star in a very long time. So all of them have to be starts now to see which ones stick. It's HHH's way of doing things.
She'sTheFastest
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Cagsjr724 on Mon May 27, 2013 10:56 pm

She'sTheFastest wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:So how come everyone that comes from "NXT" is unstoppable? that'd be like Iron Mike Shark coming out in today's wrestling and winning the WWE belt

Because the WWE hasn't been able to build a star in a very long time. So all of them have to be starts now to see which ones stick. It's HHH's way of doing things.

That is a good thing IMO.
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby She'sTheFastest on Mon May 27, 2013 10:59 pm

I don't disagree, but they have to figure it out soon cuz the well is running dry.
She'sTheFastest
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Froggy on Mon May 27, 2013 10:59 pm

i think that's been one of the better developments in the last year or so. One of the biggest knocks on the WWE has been lack of new main eventers. I really like how aggressive HHH has been signing top end indie talent.

The Shield are great. Ryback (even though i hate him) is a legitimate main eventer. Big E is good in his role. Then you have the Wyatt Family coming in soon, which is good... Kassius Ohno will be on raw very soon... I don't see Sami Zayn staying off TV very long... and, i read that it was officially announced today that Sami Callihan was signed to a developmental contract.

they are kind of in the 'throw it at the wall and see what sticks' mode right now, but their track record has been pretty good as of late.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Froggy on Mon May 27, 2013 11:01 pm

i can't emphasize enough just how good the talent level is on NXT right now. So much potential.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby She'sTheFastest on Mon May 27, 2013 11:02 pm

The Shield is excellent, I agree. Ryback needs more of a flamboyant gimmick to be a top star. He is too dry right now to garner much interest. It worked for Goldberg because you don't often see a face who is that bad***. If you're going to go with the "I can destroy anybody" routine it dries up quickly for the guys who are heels.
She'sTheFastest
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Froggy on Mon May 27, 2013 11:05 pm

She'sTheFastest wrote:The Shield is excellent, I agree. Ryback needs more of a flamboyant gimmick to be a top star. He is too dry right now to garner much interest. It worked for Goldberg because you don't often see a face who is that bad***. If you're going to go with the "I can destroy anybody" routine it dries up quickly for the guys who are heels.

i didn't say he was a good main eventer, just that he is a guy who is credible in that role.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Cagsjr724 on Mon May 27, 2013 11:06 pm

Froggy wrote:i think that's been one of the better developments in the last year or so. One of the biggest knocks on the WWE has been lack of new main eventers. I really like how aggressive HHH has been signing top end indie talent.

The Shield are great. Ryback (even though i hate him) is a legitimate main eventer. Big E is good in his role. Then you have the Wyatt Family coming in soon, which is good... Kassius Ohno will be on raw very soon... I don't see Sami Zayn staying off TV very long... and, i read that it was officially announced today that Sami Callihan was signed to a developmental contract.

they are kind of in the 'throw it at the wall and see what sticks' mode right now, but their track record has been pretty good as of late.

I agree with this 100% I also think if they want to build up Curtis Axel then he should beat Cena clean tonight. Well here comes Ryback as I type. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Froggy on Mon May 27, 2013 11:07 pm

Remember Kassius Ohno's name. he's going to be a huge star. Hopping on that bus waaaaaaaaaay early.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby She'sTheFastest on Mon May 27, 2013 11:08 pm

Froggy wrote:
She'sTheFastest wrote:The Shield is excellent, I agree. Ryback needs more of a flamboyant gimmick to be a top star. He is too dry right now to garner much interest. It worked for Goldberg because you don't often see a face who is that bad***. If you're going to go with the "I can destroy anybody" routine it dries up quickly for the guys who are heels.

i didn't say he was a good main eventer, just that he is a guy who is credible in that role.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm try to argue. I just meant to add to what you said.
She'sTheFastest
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby She'sTheFastest on Mon May 27, 2013 11:10 pm

Cagsjr724 wrote:
Froggy wrote:i think that's been one of the better developments in the last year or so. One of the biggest knocks on the WWE has been lack of new main eventers. I really like how aggressive HHH has been signing top end indie talent.

I agree with this 100% I also think if they want to build up Curtis Axel then he should beat Cena clean tonight. Well here comes Ryback as I type. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Yeah, seriously if they want to push the guy have him fight dudes who don't care about losing via pinfall or submission. Jericho would do it, I'm sure a guy like Orton wouldn't have the clout to say no etc.
She'sTheFastest
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Froggy on Mon May 27, 2013 11:11 pm

She'sTheFastest wrote:
Froggy wrote:

you're good. it's a fair point. it's a big chunk of why i hate ryback, and the invincible booking in general. it makes for one note characters. I really hate ryback. i think he's sloppy, gets gassed way too fast, has a crap finishing move, isn't a particularly good talker, etc...
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Tue May 28, 2013 2:16 am

NXT= WCW Power Plant
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Froggy on Tue May 28, 2013 6:50 am

SolidSnake wrote:NXT= WCW Power Plant

Nah. Power plant was a school. NXT is getting guys who already know what they are doing ready for tv.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Tue May 28, 2013 8:56 am

Froggy wrote:i flipped off raw for a bit... was it these guys?

they have been on NXT for a while. The one on the left went by Brodie Lee in the indies, and is really damn good.

Cashing in on the Duck Dynasty craze.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Froggy on Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:11 pm

Chikara iPPV this afternoon... there is a free match starting at 3:30, and the iPPV starts at 4:00. You should check it out at http://smvod.com and buy the show if you're interested or curious. should be well worth the $14.95
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:44 pm

Froggy wrote:
She'sTheFastest wrote:
Froggy wrote:

you're good. it's a fair point. it's a big chunk of why i hate ryback, and the invincible booking in general. it makes for one note characters. I really hate ryback. i think he's sloppy, gets gassed way too fast, has a crap finishing move, isn't a particularly good talker, etc...

You guys are really so hard into this?
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Froggy on Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:22 pm

why visit the thread if you're going to pull that crap? really not wanted here, dude.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Froggy on Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:23 pm

this chikara event is SOOOOOOOOO good. one of the best events I have ever seen
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR