The Pro Wrestling Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby DudeMan2766 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:47 pm

Last time I saw Shane O' Mac

DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby nocera on Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:52 pm

That would've worked better if Shawn actually hit the sweet chin music.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:52 pm

So happy I don't pay money for this garbage.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Froggy on Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:52 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:
Froggy wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:
nocera wrote:So Bella 1 wins due to Total Divas, right?

Or not. Good. That flying head scissors into the black widow is impressive looking.

AJ is good. Both in the ring and on the mic. Granted it doesn't take much and the Divas division still is a snooze fest, but she deserves to have a long reign.

AJ was actually a wrestler before she hit the WWE. At least she can actually work a match when asked to. I think the one to take the belt off her will be Paige from NXT when she gets called up.

Wouldn't hate it. ..Actually I'd like to check out the girl you were talking about earlier Frog- who was a monster heel but not the WWE type. The Divas Div could be interesting if they actually tried

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xs5tdx ... inez_sport
this is kind of a long match, but there is a lot of her stuff on youtube, and stuff. I just think that she looks like a star. You don't see too many 6'1" bruisers in women's wrestling.

Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby nocera on Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:55 pm

So HHH turned away from the flying knee and Shawn missed the kick. Awesome finish.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:57 pm

The whole HHH coming to ring side for... What reason? To climb on the cage? And that Shawn would give a crap? Then Shawn super kicks why? No sense.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Cagsjr724 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:58 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:So happy I don't pay money for this garbage.

Cena and Orton are the two world champs zzzzzzz! I've said it before but I'm seriously done with the wwe now. I already bought tickets to the royal rumble, thinking about selling them now.
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby nocera on Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:58 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:The whole HHH coming to ring side for... What reason? To climb on the cage? And that Shawn would give a crap? Then Shawn super kicks why? No sense.

Because Bryan attacked his best buddy pal. Duh. Orton and Cena are the champions. What year is this?
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:45 pm

I still cant get over the need to bring Cena back as the Smackdown champion. Good Lord
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby nocera on Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:52 pm

nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:46 am

Glad i fell asleep before the main event. The only good that could come out of this is we get a HBK/Bryan match somewhere down the road. Other than that... yuck all around to this PPV.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:25 am

Pavel Bure wrote:So happy I don't pay money for this garbage.

There's a guy on another board who keeps saying he's done paying for PPVs and has talked himself into the last three at the last minute.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:27 am

nocera wrote:
Spoiler:

:thumb: :lol: :lol: :lol:
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Froggy on Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:53 am

I got a postcard in the mail from Condor Security, the company who shut down Chikara, with the message, "ALWAYS OBSERVING".

Interesting...
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby TheHammer24 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:05 pm

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2013/10/28/5038854/1993

In 1993, Hulk Hogan was long in the tooth and refused to put over Bret Hart on his way out. The plan had originally been for Hogan to get the title at WrestleMania IX and then put Hart over at SummerSlam 1993. This would have established Hart, a smaller and less-obviously juiced technically sound wrestler, as the new face of a new WWE that was moving away from Hogan-era excesses.

Instead of putting a new face over on the way out, Hogan lost in a shmoz to Yokozuna and walked away from wrestling (until Ted Turner backed a dump truck of cash on him). Well, history does sometimes repeat itself in ways that are for the better.

In 2013, John Cena won the WWE title at WrestleMania. Like Hogan in 1993, Cena is clearly long in the tooth as a main event babyface and WWE is looking for someone to succeed him and be the corporate champion they need, while also adjusting to changing tastes. Enter Daniel Bryan, who is quite possibly the best wrestler alive (as Hart was in 1993). At SummerSlam 2013, John Cena ate the Flying Knee and put Bryan over clean as a whistle (we'll ignore the arm injury for right now). In his return, Cena did something the Hulkster never would have dreamed of: he became Intercontinental Champion.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby SolidSnake on Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:36 pm

The least Cena could do was not win any title
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby TheHammer24 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:41 pm

SolidSnake wrote:The least Cena could do was not win any title

Right, because ADR is so compelling.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby SolidSnake on Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:44 pm

TheHammer24 wrote:

And Cena 1000 time champ is?
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby TheHammer24 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:52 pm

SolidSnake wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:

And Cena 1000 time champ is?

As HW champ, yes. Who else do you want to see with that title? Please say Ziegler. At least this allows prominent story lines outside of Cena. And that's the point of the article. Cena can do whatever he wants. But he's willingly coming back early and coming back early outside of the spotlight, something Hogan would never do. I really don't understand the quibble, lest your point is Cena should retire.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby SolidSnake on Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:55 pm

Sandow should be HW champ. Cena shouldn't be allowed to do what he wants. Little kids and girls and you like Cena that's it. Anyone outside of that don't like him.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby TheHammer24 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:04 pm

SolidSnake wrote:Sandow should be HW champ. Cena shouldn't be allowed to do what he wants. Little kids and girls and you like Cena that's it. Anyone outside of that don't like him.

Lol, that was pretty responsive. In any event, it sounds like you just named a huge portion of the WWE's fan base, the portion that will be watching it the longest. The WWE would be foolish not to have Cena featured prominently. He's the biggest draw. The WWE wisely does not cater to smarks, whose world would implode if they had nothing about which to complain.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby skullman80 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:21 pm

I have no problem with Cena being featured prominently. He's a big draw. The thing is he doesn't need the belt to be over. People will love him/hate him no matter if he has a title or not. They should be building up the future of the company right now, and they keep undercutting themselves and going back to Cena or to Rock or to HBK or to Taker etc. They have to cut the cord at some point.

Daniel Bryan is the most over guy in the company right now, and it ain't even close. He needs to win the title and clean at some point. Yes I know he did at Summerslam but that lasted all of 30 seconds. Punk is their other top guy and he was stuck in a feud with Ryback. They've painted themselves into a corner because they have lots of good young talent.. in Cody Rhodes, Cesaro, Sandow(well he isn't super young but whatever), Ambrose, Rollins, Uso's, Kofi etc, but they won't book them in away to give people a chance to give a ****. Why should the audience care about a guy like Sandow who has the briefcase when all he does is LOSE, and cleanly most of the time. Ditto with Ziggler.

It just annoys me. I get Cena isn't going away, but the fact they brought him back way sooner then they should have last night just shows they keep falling into old habits.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby TheHammer24 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:46 pm

skullman80 wrote:I have no problem with Cena being featured prominently. He's a big draw. The thing is he doesn't need the belt to be over. People will love him/hate him no matter if he has a title or not. They should be building up the future of the company right now, and they keep undercutting themselves and going back to Cena or to Rock or to HBK or to Taker etc. They have to cut the cord at some point.

Daniel Bryan is the most over guy in the company right now, and it ain't even close. He needs to win the title and clean at some point. Yes I know he did at Summerslam but that lasted all of 30 seconds. Punk is their other top guy and he was stuck in a feud with Ryback. They've painted themselves into a corner because they have lots of good young talent.. in Cody Rhodes, Cesaro, Sandow(well he isn't super young but whatever), Ambrose, Rollins, Uso's, Kofi etc, but they won't book them in away to give people a chance to give a ****. Why should the audience care about a guy like Sandow who has the briefcase when all he does is LOSE, and cleanly most of the time. Ditto with Ziggler.

It just annoys me. I get Cena isn't going away, but the fact they brought him back way sooner then they should have last night just shows they keep falling into old habits.

I think the returns to HHH, 'Taker, Rock, and HBK are more concerning than Cena. Cena can wrestle and feud. He put DB over, setting up the current angle. You raise fine points. There's a balance between story lines that maximize long term profit and short term profit. The WWE decided the short-term gain was worth it. I have no problem with the HW Title, but I was bored to death with The Rock story line, so I guess there's some common ground. What if Cena puts Sandow over -- he loses the HW title and starts a program with him? Even if he ultimately wins clean over Sandow, that will build a young guy.

And for what it's worth, I always liked ADR's current character.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:58 pm

Dorito is completely boring. The "Mexican JBL" gimmick just doesn't work. He is a pretty darn good worker but I think they need to move away from the elitist Mexican angle. Maybe give him a mouth piece and play it like he's paying a ton of money to not have to speak to the low life commoners. I feel like having him kayfabe use his money to throw his weight around would be the only way to get him over.

As for Cena. Whatevs he'll put someone over which is the right thing to do.

Lastly WWE needs to change how they book "future stars" they buried Ziggler for months after he won MITB. They've done the same to Sandow. They are horrible at building up a future guy.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby TPW on Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:27 pm

I'm done after last night. Bryan just looks like a chump, and he's been looking like a chump since he beat Cena.
TPW
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

PreviousNext

Return to NHR