The Pro Wrestling Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby DudeMan2766 on Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:00 pm

This is a pretty big deal actually, and all the sudden throwing it into a TLC with like 3 weeks build up, and just because Cena says so seems really weak to me. If they were going to do this I would have liked to see one of the Champions somehow thrown into the Rumble, win, then have the unification match at WM. Altho with the circumstances now, it would have to be Orton doing that, because Cena winning another Rumble, then going to WM and winning both titles would have been enough for me to put my flat screen through the front door.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Old Time Hockey on Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:36 pm

I wouldnt be surprised if the ending goes like this: Since both belts are going to be above the ring, both men climb the ladder and each guy gets one belt apiece. That is my prediction and it would be such a awful finish.
Old Time Hockey
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby She'sTheFastest on Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:39 pm

CERV96 wrote:
JS© wrote:I'm gonna call it: belt swap with Orton grabbing Cena's belt while Cena grabs Orton's belt.

I expected a similar finish when I was 12 years old during the HBK Razor match at Wrestlemania X. Wow! I just realized I watched this stuff way too long.

I remember when Diesel was banished to the back for that match I thought that was really intelligent because of the logice behind it. I thought the finish was very good too.
She'sTheFastest
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby skullman80 on Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:47 pm

SS 95 Ladder match > WM X ladder match though they were both very very good.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby nocera on Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:39 am

skullman80 wrote:SS 95 Ladder match > WM X ladder match though they were both very very good.

That's the only thing that saved that SummerSlam. I still feel bad that my folks dished out money to take me to that.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:41 am

nocera wrote:
skullman80 wrote:SS 95 Ladder match > WM X ladder match though they were both very very good.

That's the only thing that saved that SummerSlam. I still feel bad that my folks dished out money to take me to that.

Yeah I was there as well. When Mabel vs Diesel is your main event you know you have issues haha.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby nocera on Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:55 am

skullman80 wrote:
nocera wrote:

Yeah I was there as well. When Mabel vs Diesel is your main event you know you have issues haha.

I'm sure I've said this on here before, but I remember being so mad at the crowd for chanting "Here we go Steelers" while Bret Hart was lying in the ring hurt after being beat down by Isaac Yankem. Stupid Kevin Greene.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:22 am

I was there too, didn't Lex Luger make a brief appearance and help somebody? next thing I know he was on Nitro a few weeks later.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:21 pm

nocera wrote:

Only thing? That's the only PPV where Barry Horowitz won a match. 8-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SummerSlam_(1995)
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby nocera on Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:10 pm

SolidSnake wrote:I was there too, didn't Lex Luger make a brief appearance and help somebody? next thing I know he was on Nitro a few weeks later.

I remember this as well and just looked it up. Luger was on Nitro 8 days after appearing at Summerslam. Crazy.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:03 pm

The only thing that could top that was this

JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:17 pm

Sgt Slaughter making an appearance at the Wheeling Nailers game Saturday. He just interviewed on a local station here and said he'd be putting maggots in the camel clutch for Christmas card photos. Not sure if he was serious but I've never seen the Sargent joke in my life. I don't send out Christmas cards but if I got a picture of him putting me in the clutch I'd be at walmart on Sunday getting cards printed up
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby She'sTheFastest on Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:43 pm

nocera wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:I was there too, didn't Lex Luger make a brief appearance and help somebody? next thing I know he was on Nitro a few weeks later.

I remember this as well and just looked it up. Luger was on Nitro 8 days after appearing at Summerslam. Crazy.

Luger came out to help Diesel because his ex-partner, Davey Boy Smith had screwed Diesel over on Raw and turned heel. That PPV was just awful. I was there too. Sixth grade started the next day.
She'sTheFastest
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby SolidSnake on Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:39 pm

JS© wrote:The only thing that could top that was this

Rude might just be the coolest wrestler ever doing that.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Why Not Us on Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:13 pm

In January, Sheamus (Friday the 24th) and Chris Jericho (Sat. 25th) are signing at the World of Wheels Car Show at the Convention Center. I suppose their chances of being in the Royal Rumble are greater.
Why Not Us
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby CERV96 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:40 pm

WWE network to launch in February. Internet stream only. $10 a month you will get all pay per views, Raw and Smackdown included. WrestleMania 30 will be included the first year only.

I guess this isn't a bad idea. The majority of the people stream the ppv's anyway.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby nocera on Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:56 pm

CERV96 wrote:WWE network to launch in February. Internet stream only. $10 a month you will get all pay per views, Raw and Smackdown included. WrestleMania 30 will be included the first year only.

I guess this isn't a bad idea. The majority of the people stream the ppv's anyway.

So 120 for the year. Or the price of about 3 PPVs. If it's available on their Xbox/iphone app, I'd seriously consider this. Not a bad deal at all especially considering WM is included for the first year.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby CERV96 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:59 pm

Plus you wouldn't have to deal with any spam adds steaming anymore. Not that I do that or anything.

:pop:
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby JS© on Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:50 am

SolidSnake wrote:
JS© wrote:The only thing that could top that was this

Rude might just be the coolest wrestler ever doing that.

The beard/stache change on two different programs was a clutch move.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Spangler on Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:49 pm

JS© wrote:The beard/stache change on two different programs was a clutch move.

Probably thought it was some loop-hole to allow him on both shows.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby nocera on Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:02 pm

Because my girlfriend is terrible at keeping secrets, she let me know early that she got us tickets to the Rumble for Christmas. Seems like as good of time as any to speculate on the winner, surprise appearances, main event?

Winner: CM Punk
Surprise Appearances: Sheamus, RVD, Lesnar, Jake Roberts, Y2J, JTG (lulz), New Age Outlaws, Batista
Main Even: Bryan vs. Cena for the Unified Title. Bryan wins. Punk/Bryan at Wrestlemania 30. Internet explodes.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby CERV96 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:27 pm

nocera wrote:Because my girlfriend is terrible at keeping secrets, she let me know early that she got us tickets to the Rumble for Christmas. Seems like as good of time as any to speculate on the winner, surprise appearances, main event?

Surprise Appearances: Sheamus, RVD, Lesnar, Jake Roberts, Y2J, JTG (lulz), New Age Outlaws, Batista
Main Even: Bryan vs. Cena for the Unified Title. Bryan wins. Punk/Bryan at Wrestlemania 30. Internet explodes.

Your name wouldn't happen to be Eric would it?
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby JS© on Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:38 pm

nocera wrote:Because my girlfriend is terrible at keeping secrets, she let me know early that she got us tickets to the Rumble for Christmas. Seems like as good of time as any to speculate on the winner, surprise appearances, main event?

Here's my guess on the surprises:
The very likely: Sheamus and Y2J. They are a given at this point.

My other guesses that aren't as likely: JTG (still works for the company, so why not?), JBL (short walk from the booth to the ring), Kevin Nash (friend of HHH, entered the RR recently), William Regal, Vader (very unlikely), and the most unlikely but still somewhat likely would be Warrior.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:40 pm

I wan an Austin appearence have him and Punk cross paths somehow. I don't care how. I want Austin/Punk at WM30. I know this has zero chance of happening since I still don't think Austin is cleared to wrestle, but dammit thats what I want.

I would love for HBK to come back(maybe plant the seeds at the Slammys this week) and have a match with Bryan at WM30.

I know I won't get any of it, but yeah.

Hogan can show up for nostalgia too, and I'd still mark like a 5 year old again.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby nocera on Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:52 pm

CERV96 wrote:

Your name wouldn't happen to be Eric would it?

Nope.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR