The Pro Wrestling Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby SolidSnake on Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:30 pm

They'll have him job to Reigns
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:46 pm

SolidSnake wrote:They'll have him job to Reigns

That would actually be somewhat smart if they want Reigns to be over as a big deal. I mean don't do it first match out, but something to build to.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:32 am

Raven contract from 2000:

http://imgur.com/a/l1W4V/
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:47 am

They had planned on him coming back as Johnny Polo?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby TheHammer24 on Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:11 pm

I'm pretty pumped about the Rumble. Wrestlemania rumors are all over the place. A lot of the booking will turn on whether Hogan comes back and if HBK will wrestle. If HBK wrestles, then he'll go against Bryan. If Hogan comes back, then Cena will be involved in his match, suggesting Orton will retain the title and wrestle the Rumble winner. If that happens, then Batista could be a good bet to win the Rumble and face his former Evolution stable-mate. I don't care for Batista mostly because I didn't watch between 2000 and 2012. The final rumor is Bray Wyatt will wrestle Cena in the main event. That's nuts, if you ask me. Big E. Langston and Reigns are supposed to get the mega-pushes this year, both as baby faces. Those are two good guys for the company. Reigns is awesome. I know I have disagreed with some on here, but he just feels like a big deal. A Reigns staredown at the end of Raw carries a lot more weight and feels bigger than an Ambrose one, even if Amrbose is also awesome.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Crankshaft on Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:15 pm

I will be really disappointed if a part time guy like Bautista comes in and wins the Rumble.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kovy27 on Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:18 pm

Crankshaft wrote:I will be really disappointed if a part time guy like Bautista comes in and wins the Rumble.

I'd think that, if they are going to push Reigns, they need to make him somehow help Orton lose the title. Then have Reigns beat Cena at WM.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby TheHammer24 on Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:31 pm

I agree if Reigns is going to be pushed as a singles wrestler, it needs to be done as soon as the Shield breaks up and he needs to win his feud -- even if it's for the World Title. The Shield has too much momentum to disrupt, and when a guy gets to the main event scene early in his career and loses a bunch of matches, he ends up like Ryback.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby skullman80 on Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:26 pm

Batista would be perfect fodder to get Reigns over. Have Batista come back as a *****bag heel that he was awesome at, and have him and Reigns have a nice little mini feud to get Reigns over as a monster and eventually win the title from whoever has it. That's if the plan on pushing Reigns. I'm assuming Batista is only back for a few month run up until WM and maybe slightly after it. If that's the case they need to use him to give someone a rub.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:34 pm

Is that the Brock Lesnar fan?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:41 pm

Rollins and Cena had a damn good match on Smackdown last night.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:48 pm

skullman80 wrote:Rollins and Cena had a damn good match on Smackdown last night.

Agreed. All members of the shield seem to be good workers. I think Rollins is the best. One thing I don't like about Ambrose is his "punching" is just open hand slaps. I really think Reigns is the worst worker out of the 3 but that could just be booking him as a pure power guy.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby skullman80 on Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:54 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:
skullman80 wrote:Rollins and Cena had a damn good match on Smackdown last night.

Agreed. All members of the shield seem to be good workers. I think Rollins is the best. One thing I don't like about Ambrose is his "punching" is just open hand slaps. I really think Reigns is the worst worker out of the 3 but that could just be booking him as a pure power guy.

I think Rollins is the best pure wrestler out of the 3, guy just sucks at cutting promos.. hoping he gets better. Amrbose I think is the best combination of wrestling/promo/psyschology out of the 3, and Reigns is good as the power guy. He's not going to mat wrestle, but put him in the right types of matches and feuds and he could be $$$$$. I think they all play well off of each other, will be interesting to see what happens when they finally do split.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:21 pm

SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:29 pm

As I always say, the only reason why Reigns is getting this push is because he's related to "I'm back and never gonna leave again" Reigns is terrible at everything and the fact that guys like Ziggler and Swagger are sitting the bench behind him is ridiculous
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:40 pm

SolidSnake wrote:As I always say, the only reason why Reigns is getting this push is because he's related to "I'm back and never gonna leave again" Reigns is terrible at everything and the fact that guys like Ziggler and Swagger are sitting the bench behind him is ridiculous

I think Reigns has improved alot from where he was(which was pretty awful). He also has the built in advantage of being the size that WWE looks for in people. I'd love to see Ziggler in his spot, but it's just not happening, not much you can do about it. I do think Reigns has the potential to be pretty big though if they play their cards right and book him in the right kind of matches.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Spangler on Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:42 am

Reigns definitely has the look to be a big star, and I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow develops charisma, but I just feel like Ambrose is the best of the 3 and deserves a push.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby TheHammer24 on Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:06 pm

I like Amrbose a lot. But doesn't CM Punk fill that void well? The WWE is devoid of fresh big guys right now that can actually wrestle well.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby SolidSnake on Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:33 pm

"As previously reported, WWE is considering a match between John Cena and Bray Wyatt for WrestleMania XXX.

While the match was in the plans as of Tuesday, it may not end up being the main event match. "

Oh god I surely hope not.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:36 am

Looks like
Spoiler:
Lesnar
is back tonight.

Spoiler:
Brock Lesnar is set to return on Raw tonight. Lesnar will apparently be in a segment in which Mark Henry challenges him and gets beaten down; this was referenced during an interview at the Smackdown taping tonight where Big E. Langston spoke about the attack on Henry.

In addition, it appears that Langston will retain his Intercontinental Championship against Fandango on Raw, as he defended it on Smackdown.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DropEmJayBird on Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:31 am

I loved the Bill Leavy heel turn yesterday at the end of the Chargers/Chiefs game. Hopefully Goodell gives him the main event spot at Super Bowl 49. The spot where KC scored the winning touchdown after the fake punt got a huge pop, until Leavy turned heel and just negated the whole thing and actually gave San Diego a first down... I thought that was pure genius in terms of writing.
DropEmJayBird
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby TheHammer24 on Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:09 am

DropEmJayBird wrote:I loved the Bill Leavy heel turn yesterday at the end of the Chargers/Chiefs game. Hopefully Goodell gives him the main event spot at Super Bowl 49. The spot where KC scored the winning touchdown after the fake punt got a huge pop, until Leavy turned heel and just negated the whole thing and actually gave San Diego a first down... I thought that was pure genius in terms of writing.

:thumb:
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby CERV96 on Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:10 am

The San Diego screw job! Love it!
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby DropEmJayBird on Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:15 am

CERV96 wrote:The San Diego screw job! Love it!

I just saw a quick clip from the documentary they were filming for it, Andy Reid was in the locker room talking to Phil Rivers and he was like "Did you know about this?" and Rivers was all like "Dude, I had no idea, I swear to God."

If I'm the Steelers, I **** go to the CFL, instant title run there.
DropEmJayBird
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby SolidSnake on Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:21 pm

Did Tomlin smash cameras and Tvs? And punch and spit on Roger Goddell?
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR