The Pro Wrestling Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby CERV96 on Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:51 am

Good call. My buddies and I were going to buy plastic shovels but we doubt they will let us in with those.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby nocera on Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:48 am

Well, I can't say I'm not intrigued. That's a good thing. But the bad thing is they just took the most over guy in wrestling and turned him heel. Hopefully this leads to bigger things and not just a heel turn.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:35 am

If this doesn't end up with Bryan beating the Wyatts at their own game IE mind games and tearing them apart from the inside out then I don't even know what to say. If they turned the most over babyface they've had in forever heel just for the hell of it... then yeah. I'm willing to give it a week or two though and see where it goes, but I'm not optimistic.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:07 am

I thought that was pretty cool, that is the stunned silence of the crowd as Bryan told Bray he was right. The way he needed help out, and paused to take in the crowd as they chanted No then walked out with his head down kind of makes me think we'll have a few weeks of the crowd still behind Bryan trying to convince him to leave. Bryan will be sort of brainwashed and I can see the Wyatt's still beating him up trying to wear him down. Then maybe at the Rumble he finally snaps out of it. That way Wyatt's remain heel while Bryan is a sympathetic face and it e seen as tho the authority is at fault for driving him to this. The way he turned to the crowd and took it all in felt like he was reluctant to join the family but almost like he ha no choice left. It was definitely nice to see something different there. I haven't seen a crowd stunned silent like that in a while
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Crankshaft on Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:48 am

With the rumored Bray Wyatt vs John Cena match at Wrestlemania, maybe they're setting up John Cena to save his kind-of brother in law. Cena vs Wyatt for Daniel Bryan. :slug:
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DudeMan2766 on Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:35 pm

Punk cut a promo before the dark match last night asking the fans to stand behind Daniel Bryan and that he wouldn't let them down. Looks like they're going to make Bryan into the sympathetic figure who had no direction to turn after being held down by the machine for so long. Probably wrestle a few matches with the Wyatt's but it'll be like when Cena was forced to join Nexus, although hopefully less stupid
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pavel Bure on Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:58 pm

Listening to Talk is Jericho with Edge as the guest really interesting stuff.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby She'sTheFastest on Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:09 am

DudeMan2766 wrote:I thought that was pretty cool, that is the stunned silence of the crowd as Bryan told Bray he was right. The way he needed help out, and paused to take in the crowd as they chanted No then walked out with his head down kind of makes me think we'll have a few weeks of the crowd still behind Bryan trying to convince him to leave. Bryan will be sort of brainwashed and I can see the Wyatt's still beating him up trying to wear him down. Then maybe at the Rumble he finally snaps out of it. That way Wyatt's remain heel while Bryan is a sympathetic face and it e seen as tho the authority is at fault for driving him to this. The way he turned to the crowd and took it all in felt like he was reluctant to join the family but almost like he ha no choice left. It was definitely nice to see something different there. I haven't seen a crowd stunned silent like that in a while

I REALLY enjoyed that too. I would like to see the opposite in which the Wyatts become Stone Cold faces. The Authority tries like hell to get them to cooperate but since they're so backwoods and out for themselves they never listen and just keep coming out on top.
She'sTheFastest
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby skullman80 on Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:21 am

Still don't like what they did with Bryan. I'm willing to give it a chance, but the WWE's track record is awful with this sort of stuff(especially recently).

He is the most over guy in the company and by a fair margin. Give him the f'n ball and let him run with it. No more of this non-sense. The fans are telling you what they want, and WWE ignores it, and keeps pushing Orton/Cena over and over again. They just don't get that no one gives a **** about that program. The announcement of that match as the main event at the rumble was met with silence because NO ONE WANTS TO SEE IT AGAIN! They are probably still pissed at the TLC go home show where the crowd **** all over how important they were trying to make it for the unification of the titles. They've tried to suck away Bryan's heat before and it hasn't worked.. they seem like they want to keep trying.

Sometimes you just gotta give the guy the ball and let him run with it..

It worked with Edge...
It worked with Austin...
It worked with Rock
It worked with Punk(though they screwed that up big time too compared to how big that could have been)....

I hope they prove me wrong and they have a master plan for all of this, but based on past track record.. I am not optimistic.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby nocera on Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:43 pm

Austin was a slow burn to the top. As was HBK. Remember how special HBK's win was after the story of his "life-long dream?"

There's no question in my mind that Bryan will be given the reigns soon. My guess is this is all leading to a Wrestlemania main event spot.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:20 pm

If he main events Wrestlemania and leaves there with the title and get finally gets his moment and gets to be THE guy for an extended period of time I will eat crow happily. I just don't see it happening.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:00 pm

It seems they don't want DB in that spot and are ready to push other guys instead while trying to use DB and his popularity to grow other characters. I mean they had DB in a match with effin Fandango a week or so ago on Smackdown. You'd never see Cena, Punk, Orton, etc. doing that if and when they were that over
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pavel Bure on Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:59 pm

Rumors are taker has asked to work with DB for mania this year. Makes a lot of sense with DB joining the Wyatts cause I don't think WWE would have Taker work heel or even f Taker has it in him to work heel.

On the same note I was thinking back to the Taker/Punk build. It was very underrated with the Paul Bearer stuff and Heyman and stealing the urn. That was a really good program
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby SolidSnake on Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:10 pm

One of my favorite promos ever, wish stuff was still like this

SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby She'sTheFastest on Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:42 pm

With the Undertaker wanting to work with DB at WM there SHOULD be light bulbs going off all over creative. Have the Wyatts do everything in their power to make sure Bryant breaks the streak BUT when he has the chane to win have him turn face and fight UT to the finish a la Shawn Michaels and Triple H. Afterwards, have the UT so irrate at the abuse of Bryan that he kidnaps Stephanie demanding the Bryan gets his title shot the next night on Raw. This stuff practically writes itself but these dolts refuse to see it.
She'sTheFastest
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby She'sTheFastest on Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:43 pm

Dixie Carter sucks. Mine Safety Appliances sponsors local football maybe they can buy TNA.
She'sTheFastest
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pavel Bure on Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:43 pm

Here's my thought now.

1. Bryan turned to heel Taker
2. Taker build starts at rumble
3. Batista wins rumble
4. Orton retains at rumble due to HHH shenanigans
5. Punk build with HHH starts cause he's sick of the corruption
6. Batista turns d-bag heel
7. Wyatts + DB try to show Batista the way or whatever
8. DB kind of middles between heel/face building David vs. Golaith with Batista
9. Cena starts taking on Wyatts because of messing with DB. Trying to get DB back
10. Next big PPV DB goes over Batista
11. Wyatt goes over Cena
12. DB makes save on Cena
From there I dunno
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby DudeMan2766 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:47 pm

Lol turned on TNA, see a guy in a tank top with a Natural Light tattoo. Although that's probably more indicative as pro wrestling fans as a whole than just TNA pop
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby She'sTheFastest on Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:57 pm

AJ Styles is cool but he's going to ROH. He knows something's up cause Jeff Jarrett left.
She'sTheFastest
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby nocera on Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:03 am

Do we really not think Taker could be a heel at this point in his career? Undertaker = the "Devil" who made Bray do it. Done. He's heel and going up against the top face.

Taker will still be cheered at WM but with how over Bryan is, it won't matter. I'm in.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:08 am

This was from a house show... Bryan's new attire?

Spoiler:
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:24 am

skullman80 wrote:This was from a house show... Bryan's new attire?

Spoiler:

Great he's a mechanic
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby skullman80 on Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:41 am

I thought it looked like more Duke the Dumpster Droese attire myself haha.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:51 am

I wonder if he played the part of a heel at the house show...
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:54 am

I don't think so. From what I read he was in a cage match with Bray and Bray beat him down, Bryan got no offense and Bray pinned him. So I dunno if they are going with a Bryan needs initiated type deal or what. Could have just been a test run at a house show to see how it went. I still think it's silly, but I'll give it a few weeks to play out. I Just have no confidence in them making this work.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR