The Pro Wrestling Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby skullman80 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:31 pm

Yeah HBK used to be a huge collosal Dbag. Then he found god blah blah blah. He had some awesome matches later in his career, but he was still at his best when he played HBK like himself.. which was a big *****.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby CERV96 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:59 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:That is pretty cool Cerv, where did you run into them?

On the way to where I parked people were standing outside the gate. So we figured we would join for a while. We needed to sober up to drive home anyway. Ryback was a lot cooler than I thought he would be.

Hearing reports Sting has officially signed with the E. It's more than likley he will show his face at the Raw after wrestlemania similar to what Brock did in Miami.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby JS© on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:22 pm

CERV96 wrote:Forgot to mention. We ran in to Miz, Ziggler, Zeb, and Ryback after the show. They signed our chairs. Zeb asked for 10 bucks and I told him I am a tax paying legal and he should do it for free. He laughed.

/CSB

:lol:
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:22 pm

Ongoing Smackdown Spoilers from tonight..

Wyatt Family vs Shield at Elimination chamber.

Cesaro beat Ziggler to earn a spot in the Elimination chamber... Cesaro in the EC should be all sorts of fun.

Prime Time players broke up when Titus Young turned on Darren Young.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Cagsjr724 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:35 pm

skullman80 wrote:Ongoing Smackdown Spoilers from tonight..

Wyatt Family vs Shield at Elimination chamber.

Cesaro beat Ziggler to earn a spot in the Elimination chamber... Cesaro in the EC should be all sorts of fun.

Prime Time players broke up when Titus Young turned on Darren Young.

Christain is the 6th man in the match.
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Cagsjr724 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:38 pm

skullman80 wrote:Wyatt Family vs Shield at Elimination chamber.
Really excited to see which team the audience will root for.
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby JS© on Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:20 pm

On May 11, 1983, Nancy Argentino died in a Pennsylvania hotel room from traumatic brain injuries. An autopsy showed injuries consistent with a history of domestic abuse, and her boyfriend initially told the responding officer he had shoved her, causing her to hit her head. No charges were ever brought against the boyfriend, professional wrestler Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka. That could change.

Lehigh County District Attorney Jim Martin announced yesterday that he will convene a grand jury to investigate Argentino's death, a case that remains open 31 years later, with Snuka the only named "person of interest."

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-j ... 8348.story
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby CERV96 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:26 am

Punk reportedly walked out. Knowing Punks history this is not a work. Can't say I blame him with the direction this company is going.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby skullman80 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:02 am

So he pulled an Austin? I can believe it because everyone knows how Punk can be. I can't say I really blame him if true. I'm hoping it's just a work and they use it to get him some time off which he really needs. I guess we shall see.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby CERV96 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:05 am

Yeah, he really looked beat up during the rumble hence why he was in the corner resting at times. He has been pulled from shows but is still being advertised for WM. So we shall see.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby JS© on Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:03 am

I could believe it. If you look back at his original pipebomb speech, although I'm sure it was scripted into RAW, there was a lot of things that were true. Fast forward 2+ years and it doesn't seem like much has changed.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:23 am

I'm about as big a Punk fan as there is, but I still think it's a *****bag thing to do to walk out. When Austin did it I at least understood why he did it, but he was a *****bag for doing it too. I mean I get it, Punk has always been a dick and he goes by his own rules etc. That being said he really can't be pissed at how he has been booked, I mean outside of Cena he's probably been one of the most protected guys over the last couple years. I know they completley botched the summer of punk thing, but he has still been pretty well protected for the most part. I'm guessing he's just pissed seeing Batista waltz back in after 4 years and be given the main spot at WM. Much like Rock last year etc. If that's the reason I get it, but you still can't just walk out. My only hope is if he did actually walk out and he doesn't come back that it somehow elevates Bryan, but who knows.

Just have to wait and see.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby TheHammer24 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:29 am

I agree, Skullman. He has easily been the #2 guy since I started following.

I've read a goal of his was to headline WM. It started when the Miz did. It continued the last two years when the Rock waltz in and did it. Now, Batista comes in and does it, while two of the best matches over that span were Punk-Cena at MITB and Raw. The lack of upward mobility has to be frustrating, but he seems like one that has fewer complaints than others.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Crankshaft on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:30 am

It's a work.
Crankshaft
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby skullman80 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:33 am

Crankshaft wrote:It's a work.

I'd normally lean that way. Punk though is the one guy that has said he's been majorly burnt out recently, lots of injuries, and has expressed his dissatisfaction with the company that I can see him actually walking out. He certainly doesn't need the money. He has that type of personality in real life that I could just see him say F it.

I guess we shall see.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:42 am

I guess the more I think about it (if it is true), I still think Punk is kind of a dbag, but maybe less so. I mean is you think about it he doesn't owe WWE anything. The wrestling business is a dirty/grungy kill or be killed business. It chews most guys up and spits them out. People can get released from WWE for any reason at all, no matter what contract you have, so I guess on the flipside the wrestler should be able to do the same thing. They don't owe the company anything. Punk is just one of the few who can do it because he seems to have been frugal with all the money he made, so when he decided he had enough he could leave and not be a slave to the machine anymore because he blew all of his $$$(I'm looking at you Ric Flair)....

I guess I can see both sides and where each is coming from.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby CERV96 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:59 am

I was planning on getting the VIP Punk tickets at axxess. I missed out on the presale so i will try Saturday. His name is still there on the pre sale right now. Until that leaves I am going to try and get them as planned. I figure they may bring in a big name if they do end up switching it. My buddy said what if its Cena or Orton? I told him if thats the case we make a lot of girls on our facebook pages jealous.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:21 pm

If it's Cena or Orton, just tell them you can do better than them :wink:
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby CERV96 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:32 pm

:thumb:

:lol:
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Spangler on Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:20 pm

JS© wrote:I could believe it. If you look back at his original pipebomb speech, although I'm sure it was scripted into RAW, there was a lot of things that were true. Fast forward 2+ years and it doesn't seem like much has changed.

I just listened to an interview with him last night from last year, and Punk said Vince told him to go out and air his grievances. However, Vince wanted to see the script first. Punk said he gave him a fake script because Vince never would have approved what he said out there.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby CERV96 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:45 pm

Anyone think this is all over the ice cream bars not being brought back?
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby She'sTheFastest on Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:56 pm

Spangler wrote:
JS© wrote:I could believe it. If you look back at his original pipebomb speech, although I'm sure it was scripted into RAW, there was a lot of things that were true. Fast forward 2+ years and it doesn't seem like much has changed.

I just listened to an interview with him last night from last year, and Punk said Vince told him to go out and air his grievances. However, Vince wanted to see the script first. Punk said he gave him a fake script because Vince never would have approved what he said out there.

I don't think Vince is the enemy no mo. I think it is Triple H and Stephanie. Despite what the company wants us to believe, Vince still has total control when he wants to. Had he wanted to, he could have cut Punk's mic at anytime. The whole "best for business" mantra is all Vince's doing and eventually it is going to lead to Bryan's title run.

If you don't believe me here is a list of colors that I like people he has reconciled/done business with at one point or another to profit:

Stone Cold
JR
Hulk Hogan
Bret Hart
Paul Heyman
Eric Bischoff
Scott Hall
Kevin Nash
Brock Lesnar
Bruno Sammartino (huge assist to Triple H)

...I'm sure there are others too, but Vince, for as dictatorial as he is, he has made a lot of concessions in order to promote the product. So if Punk really walked out I am sure it wasn't done hastily.
She'sTheFastest
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby JS© on Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:05 pm

JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby nocera on Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:19 pm

Man this was a terrible week for WWE. Batista wins Rumble, the fans revolt, CM Punk walks.

Who's ready to give WWE 10 bucks a month for Batista/Orton/Cena?

TMZ is reporting that Punk left because Batista is headlining Wrestlemania. I'm guessing it also has to do with WM 29&28 as well. But boy is the decision to bring in Batista looking word every day.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Spangler on Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:45 pm

She'sTheFastest wrote:
Spangler wrote:

I don't think Vince is the enemy no mo. I think it is Triple H and Stephanie. Despite what the company wants us to believe, Vince still has total control when he wants to. Had he wanted to, he could have cut Punk's mic at anytime. The whole "best for business" mantra is all Vince's doing and eventually it is going to lead to Bryan's title run.

If you don't believe me here is a list of colors that I like people he has reconciled/done business with at one point or another to profit:

Stone Cold
JR
Hulk Hogan
Bret Hart
Paul Heyman
Eric Bischoff
Scott Hall
Kevin Nash
Brock Lesnar
Bruno Sammartino (huge assist to Triple H)

...I'm sure there are others too, but Vince, for as dictatorial as he is, he has made a lot of concessions in order to promote the product. So if Punk really walked out I am sure it wasn't done hastily.

You are absolutely right. I forgot to mention that Punk mentioned what happened after his classic "pipebomb". When Punk went backstage and saw Vince, Vince threw his arms out and said, "I smell money."
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to NHR