The Pro Wrestling Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby FreeCandy44 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:26 pm

Very well written Mr Cerv.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,285
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: The biggest Pearl Jam fan in Pittsburgh.

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby FreeCandy44 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:30 pm

So basically there is like a 5% chance Punk will be back.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,285
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: The biggest Pearl Jam fan in Pittsburgh.

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby nocera on Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:37 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:So basically there is like a 5% chance Punk will be back.


At this point, I don't need Punk back for Mania. There's only 5 matches announced so far and I'm looking forward to every one. Take your time, Punk. Rest up. Come back when you're 100%.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,986
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:02 pm

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby TheHammer24 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:03 am

The top four matches are very solid. The Battle royal is meh to me, but it'll be fun. Add Cesaro Swagger, which will be cool too. Oh and The Shield will be on the card.

Did I really say that would happen Cerv.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,024
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:28 pm

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby Pavel Bure on Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:54 am

I liked the occupy raw angle but a month ago and that segment would have been loud beyond belief. The crowd was either gassed by that point or just isn't as into DB anymore. There were a couple obvious cues by Steph and DB where they expected the crowd to burst into Yes or No chants and they just didn't. I guess a hot Mania crowd will pick it back up but general raw crowds have lost their steam.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,255
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=289635 get bitcoins

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby nocera on Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:33 am

I think it was just a case of a bad crowd. Memphis isn't what it used to be.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,986
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:02 pm

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby shafnutz05 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:00 am

shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 55,767
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby skullman80 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:08 am

I haven't watched the Bryan/Steph/HHH segment last night yet since I went to bed early, but sounds like I need to go back and watch it haha.

Re: Extending the chase/Slow Burn.. I think Hammer is the one who mentioned about dragging this on another month or so. I think at this point there has been enough of a slow burn. This has been going on since what Summerslam right? So we are talking 7 or 8 months at this point. They have a chance to make a moment at this years WM that they can rank up their with the all time moments. One that can go on a fancy Blu-ray some day. They have to pull the trigger at WM. It won't have the same impact if they do it Backlash or whatever the May PPV is. WM is made for the type of moments DBry should be getting. You have to pull that trigger when you set it up like they have. There has been plenty of slow burn. WM is where feuds culminate or at least it used to be.

Re: Battle Royal -- The more I thought about this, the more I'm ok with it. Like Nocera(I think) said... its a way to get some guys on the card. Also you have to remember WM is FOUR HOURS, so they have time to fill and I'd rather them fill it getting some undercard guys on the bill rather than with stupid musical performances or something similar.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,769
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: New Kensington, PA

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby Pavel Bure on Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:12 am

Is the battle royal going to start with everyone in the ring or is it going to be rumble style?
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,255
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=289635 get bitcoins

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby TheHammer24 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:15 am

That's a fair point, nocera, a very fair point. You're probably right.

I will say, as I predicted, I care less about Bryan the more he gets what we wanted for him.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,024
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:28 pm

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby skullman80 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:17 am

I would assume everyone in the ring at the same time. W17 they gave everyone entrances then started when all 20 guys were in the ring. Who knows though... Watching this back again, it wasn't very good minus the nostalgia, but having Brain on commentary made it so worth it. It's so sad how sick Heenan has become, its not like its even the same guy.

skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,769
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: New Kensington, PA

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby TheHammer24 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:25 am

I am not crazy about the Battle Royal. I would rather see a few more mid-card matches. If they want to elevate the IC title, how in the world can Big E not defend it at Wrestlemania? I guess Goldust-Rhodes will be in the battle royal, and we won't see them, as most had hoped. The WWE really has to emphasize these mid-card feuds. That's what builds future stars.

That said, we can all agree the Wrestlemania card is awesome, now, right? There are four main event caliber matches about which we should definitely care. Plus, Cesaro-Swagger in a feud payoff. Plus, the Shield, hopefully in a triple threat match, which will obviously be a MOTY candidate.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,024
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:28 pm

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby skullman80 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:27 am

Re: Crowds --- I think for the most part you just get different crowds at PPV's than you do at Raw's. Especially big PPV's like Wrestlemania and the Rumble, but especially Wrestlemania... people fly in from all over the world for that one event. Most of whom are "smarks" I guess. I mean the last few times Raw was here in Pittsburgh, the crowd was no different than what you saw last night in Memphis. Plus eventually you have to think the crowd is going to fade a bit on Bryan if they think he's never gonna get his comeuppance. The hold me down/underdog stuff only works if you keep the audience with you and make them think.. eventually there is gong to be a payoff. Last night you saw that they, hopefully, planted the seed that the payoff was coming at WM. I think you will see some hotter crowds the next few weeks leading up to WM.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,769
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: New Kensington, PA

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby skullman80 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:31 am

TheHammer24 wrote:I am not crazy about the Battle Royal. I would rather see a few more mid-card matches. If they want to elevate the IC title, how in the world can Big E not defend it at Wrestlemania? I guess Goldust-Rhodes will be in the battle royal, and we won't see them, as most had hoped. The WWE really has to emphasize these mid-card feuds. That's what builds future stars.

That said, we can all agree the Wrestlemania card is awesome, now, right? There are four main event caliber matches about which we should definitely care. Plus, Cesaro-Swagger in a feud payoff. Plus, the Shield, hopefully in a triple threat match, which will obviously be a MOTY candidate.


Every title should be defended at WM I agree. I think they should merge the US title and the IC title, cause right now neither title is worth a damn. Ambrose is defending his US title on main event tonight, how often has he defended that thing since he won it? 5 times maybe? The IC title used to be important, it used to be that you held that title as kind of a stepping stone to the World title.. now its just an afterthought.

You have plenty of tag teams, so no reason the tag titles shouldn't be defended. Hell make the NAO cost the USO's a non title match or something to build up a rematch for the Tag titles, where the USO"s can go over definitively, and the NAO can get their WM Payday and then go back to working in the back where they belong.

I would love to see a Rhodes vs Rhodes match, but I doubt that is happening, as they haven't even hinted at is as of yet. Though knowing WWE they will book it on a whim one week before the show.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,769
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: New Kensington, PA

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby skullman80 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:50 am

Classic..
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,769
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: New Kensington, PA

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby CERV96 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:42 pm

TheHammer24 wrote:The top four matches are very solid. The Battle royal is meh to me, but it'll be fun. Add Cesaro Swagger, which will be cool too. Oh and The Shield will be on the card.

Did I really say that would happen Cerv.


No, maybe I typed it wrong but I brought the possibility of that scenario happening and you said no way they were going to have Bryan in both matches. It's all good though everyone's got an opinion. That's what message boards are for.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,628
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:49 am
Location: It's poop again!

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby TheHammer24 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:18 pm

CERV96 wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:The top four matches are very solid. The Battle royal is meh to me, but it'll be fun. Add Cesaro Swagger, which will be cool too. Oh and The Shield will be on the card.

Did I really say that would happen Cerv.


No, maybe I typed it wrong but I brought the possibility of that scenario happening and you said no way they were going to have Bryan in both matches. It's all good though everyone's got an opinion. That's what message boards are for.

No, I remember. I think I just thought it was very unlikely. I wasn't undermining your thoughts.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,024
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:28 pm

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby nocera on Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:11 pm

Image
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,986
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:02 pm

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:02 pm

nocera wrote:Image

Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,255
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=289635 get bitcoins

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:35 am

Why is Cena purple?
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,883
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby skullman80 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:40 am

Image
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,769
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: New Kensington, PA

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby Froggy on Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:51 am

ts of indie guys getting tryouts with the WWE soon. I've heard Kevin Steen, Roderick Strong, ACH, and Adam Cole. All these guys are great, but I can't see Steen working in the WWE. One, he's fat. Two, he is at his best when he is decidedly un-PG. Three, and probably the biggest factor, is he would have to stop using half of his offense because he would kill people.

Of those guys, ACH is the one I could see doing big things. I have never seen him have a bad match. He's young, athletic, he can work a number of different styles, he has the right look for the big time, and has a ton of natural charisma. Plus, the WWE could use more black wrestlers to probably waste in a tag team with R Truth, right?

Also, I heard Drake Younger signed a deal, but as a ref, which is weird. I guess it makes sense as he's small, even for an indie guy. But he's super talented and has a good head for the business. It's good to see him pick up a regular paycheck however he earns it.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,570
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby JS© on Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:48 pm

LMAO @ 9:05 and 10:12
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,123
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → [B] [A] [start]

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby skullman80 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:00 am



Never saw this match. This is 2 years before HBK came back at Summerslam 2002, and 2 years after his last match at Wm14.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,769
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: New Kensington, PA

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby skullman80 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:01 am

Froggy wrote:ts of indie guys getting tryouts with the WWE soon. I've heard Kevin Steen, Roderick Strong, ACH, and Adam Cole. All these guys are great, but I can't see Steen working in the WWE. One, he's fat. Two, he is at his best when he is decidedly un-PG. Three, and probably the biggest factor, is he would have to stop using half of his offense because he would kill people.

Of those guys, ACH is the one I could see doing big things. I have never seen him have a bad match. He's young, athletic, he can work a number of different styles, he has the right look for the big time, and has a ton of natural charisma. Plus, the WWE could use more black wrestlers to probably waste in a tag team with R Truth, right?

Also, I heard Drake Younger signed a deal, but as a ref, which is weird. I guess it makes sense as he's small, even for an indie guy. But he's super talented and has a good head for the business. It's good to see him pick up a regular paycheck however he earns it.


Steen is awesome, but I agree his moveset would have to be neutered in WWE for the most part. Plus he doesn't have "the look".. dumb but yeah.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,769
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: New Kensington, PA

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CrossIcePass, Grunthy, KennyTheKangaroo, meecrofilm, Shyster and 9 guests

e-mail