ESPN 30 for 30

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: ESPN 30 for 30

Postby Troy Loney on Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:00 pm

I mean, not to be a contrarian. But NYR parade and NBA finals game 5 are just things that happen yearly. Griffey tied an inconsequential MLB record. Palmer was old and about to be done, seems like you could substitute anything there.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,887
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: ESPN 30 for 30

Postby shmenguin on Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:25 pm

the day it happened, i remembered watching OJ. i probably watched a few minutes of basketball later that night. none of the other stuff had any resonance.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,416
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: ESPN 30 for 30

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy on Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:30 pm

Troy Loney wrote:I mean, not to be a contrarian. But NYR parade and NBA finals game 5 are just things that happen yearly. Griffey tied an inconsequential MLB record. Palmer was old and about to be done, seems like you could substitute anything there.


The Rangers have a parade every year?
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,811
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:18 pm
Location: on the interwebz

Re: ESPN 30 for 30

Postby Troy Loney on Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:31 pm

MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:I mean, not to be a contrarian. But NYR parade and NBA finals game 5 are just things that happen yearly. Griffey tied an inconsequential MLB record. Palmer was old and about to be done, seems like you could substitute anything there.


The Rangers have a parade every year?


The stanley cup winner has a parade every year, yes?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,887
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: ESPN 30 for 30

Postby the wicked child on Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:40 pm

It's ESPN. Anything that happens in NY is important.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,547
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: ESPN 30 for 30

Postby llipgh2 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:51 pm

I think my favorite (although given the topic favorite sounds callous) was "Hillsborough".

What an incredibly tragic story.

Techinically, it was a 30 for 30 Soccer Stories...but still...
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,487
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:29 pm
Location: Gasp! The Clamboni!

Re: ESPN 30 for 30

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:54 pm

Hillborough was really, really tough to watch.

Favorite has to be the aformentioned one about Steve Bartman. It was a really compelling look at a really tragic figure.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,046
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:15 am
Location: Under the Skycoaster

Re: ESPN 30 for 30

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy on Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:45 pm

Troy Loney wrote:
MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:I mean, not to be a contrarian. But NYR parade and NBA finals game 5 are just things that happen yearly. Griffey tied an inconsequential MLB record. Palmer was old and about to be done, seems like you could substitute anything there.


The Rangers have a parade every year?


The stanley cup winner has a parade every year, yes?


It was a joke.







Catching Hell (Bartman), Unguarded, Maronivich Project, the Announcement, Big Shot, Youngstown Boys, Broke, Once Brothers and the Real Rocky are all really really good and don't require (in my opinion) a love of sports to appreciate because they all have non-sports themes.


Then there is You Don't Know Bo, the Fab Five, Reggie Miller vs. the Knicks, the Gretzky one, Elway to Marino, This is What They Want which are all awesome but you kind of have to like and know sports to appreciate them.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,811
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:18 pm
Location: on the interwebz

Re: ESPN 30 for 30

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy on Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:47 pm

Also, the only two 9 for 9s I saw were both really good (Venus Vs. and Branded).
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,811
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:18 pm
Location: on the interwebz

Previous

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ajh2298, DudeMan2766 and 2 guests

e-mail