Kraftster <3s Brandi Carlile

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Brandi Carlile [s](last night)[/s] June 30

Postby MdPensFan on Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:38 am

Malkamaniac wrote:
MdPensFan wrote:
Kraftster wrote:Just found out this morning that Brandi Carlile has added another Pittsburgh date as part of her Give Up the Ghost tour (due to European tour postponement). This show will be at Heinz Hall with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra. I am beyond pumped for this. Tickets went on sale this morning. I'll be dead center third row. This will be an amazing show and should be attended by all. Woooo



Not anymore..


Brandi Carlile concert with PSO cancelled
Friday, June 18, 2010
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Singer-songwriter Brandi Carlile's performance with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra on Wednesday, June 30, has been cancelled "due to unforeseen circumstances."

Ticket-holders are asked to contact the Heinz Hall box office at 412-392-4900 for a refund.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10169/10 ... z0rDbzZTn8



She's pregnant.


Great. Another child with two moms.
MdPensFan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 11:04 am
Location: North Pole

Re: Brandi Carlile [s](last night)[/s] June 30

Postby Malkamaniac on Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:47 am

Great. Another child with two moms.


:thumb:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,230
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:33 pm
Location: Who is Sims?

Re: Brandi Carlile [s](last night)[/s] June 30

Postby Kraftster on Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:01 pm

No emote can describe my level of devastation.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,103
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: Brandi Carlile [s](last night)[/s] June 30

Postby newarenanow on Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:03 pm

MdPensFan wrote:Great. Another child with two moms.


:lol: Most likely.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,458
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: Brandi Carlile [s](last night)[/s] June 30

Postby Azkar on Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:17 pm

I'm the father.
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,425
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:54 pm
Location: PFISEA

Re: Brandi Carlile [s](last night)[/s] June 30

Postby Kraftster on Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:21 pm

I strongly oppose Brandi's one and only LGP thread being defiled like this.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,103
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: Brandi Carlile [s](last night)[/s] June 30

Postby Kraftster on Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:43 pm

So, its turned into a day of mourning for me. Nothing else to do but turn to my trusty Brandi Carlile YouTube playlist. Another great cover:
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,103
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: Brandi Carlile [s](last night)[/s] June 30

Postby MdPensFan on Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:44 pm

Personal life

In an April 2008 interview with The Independent, Carlile revealed that, as a teenager, she was diagnosed with attention-deficit disorder and struggled in high school. She eventually dropped out to focus on a music career. She said,

"They wanted to medicate me so I could concentrate in math class...I decided to pretty much stop going. I went out busking instead." [20]

Carlile is the owner of a Doberman Pinscher named "Bailey"[21] and a horse named "Sovereign", who she named after her first guitar.[22]

During a November 14, 2002 interview with The Western Front, the official newspaper of Western Washington University, Carlile identified herself as a lesbian, and stated that she didn't think it would affect her record deal. She was quoted as saying, "I think that since it's not a big deal for me, that people subscribe to that."[23] In a October 17, 2009 interview with the Los Angeles Times, Carlile was quoted as saying,

"I hope that somewhere in Small Town, USA, a 15-year-old kid looks to me as a role model the way I looked at the Indigo Girls and Elton John as role models...and I hope they also recognize that the reason why I don't have to have a lot of formality around it, the reason why I don't have to wear it on my sleeve and make a spectacle of it, is because there were people before me who paved the way so I wouldn't have to."[24]


I'll pass. Sounds like an Ani Difranco re-run..
:thumbdown:
MdPensFan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 11:04 am
Location: North Pole

Re: Brandi Carlile [s](last night)[/s] June 30

Postby Kraftster on Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:46 pm

MdPensFan wrote:
Personal life

In an April 2008 interview with The Independent, Carlile revealed that, as a teenager, she was diagnosed with attention-deficit disorder and struggled in high school. She eventually dropped out to focus on a music career. She said,

"They wanted to medicate me so I could concentrate in math class...I decided to pretty much stop going. I went out busking instead." [20]

Carlile is the owner of a Doberman Pinscher named "Bailey"[21] and a horse named "Sovereign", who she named after her first guitar.[22]

During a November 14, 2002 interview with The Western Front, the official newspaper of Western Washington University, Carlile identified herself as a lesbian, and stated that she didn't think it would affect her record deal. She was quoted as saying, "I think that since it's not a big deal for me, that people subscribe to that."[23] In a October 17, 2009 interview with the Los Angeles Times, Carlile was quoted as saying,

"I hope that somewhere in Small Town, USA, a 15-year-old kid looks to me as a role model the way I looked at the Indigo Girls and Elton John as role models...and I hope they also recognize that the reason why I don't have to have a lot of formality around it, the reason why I don't have to wear it on my sleeve and make a spectacle of it, is because there were people before me who paved the way so I wouldn't have to."[24]


I'll pass. Sounds like an Ani Difranco re-run..
:thumbdown:


That's actually a real smart move. Gays are inherently less talented than heterosexual musicians. :thumb:
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,103
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: Brandi Carlile [s](last night)[/s] June 30

Postby Kraftster on Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:49 am

:*(
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,103
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Brandi Carlile on ACL

Postby Kraftster on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:47 pm

My girl on Austin City Limits. For those of you who watch the show, definitely watch for this one. Rosanne Cash played the first half of the show.

http://video.pbs.org/program/1273976454/

Had been waiting to see it, but I couldn't seem to find when it would be airing in Pittsburgh so just watched online. Great Folsom Prison Blues cover to close it out.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,103
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: Kraftster <3s Brandi Carlile

Postby Kraftster on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:48 pm

Also fixed the thread title.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,103
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: Kraftster <3s Brandi Carlile

Postby tjand72 on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:50 pm

I'd rather have Belinda Carlisle.
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,847
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:57 pm
Location: 9674 Jeopardy Lane

Re: Kraftster <3s Brandi Carlile

Postby Point Breeze Penguins on Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:22 am

tjand72 wrote:I'd rather have Belinda Carlisle.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,156
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:21 pm
Location: Arlington House, Arlington, Virginia

Re: Kraftster <3s Brandi Carlile

Postby slappybrown on Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:35 am

wat is this
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,259
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:08 am
Location: Noted Board Henchman

Re: Kraftster <3s Brandi Carlile

Postby jimjom on Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:01 am

Is she from Carlisle, PA?
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,860
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:34 pm
Location: Presto

Re: Kraftster <3s Brandi Carlile

Postby André on Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:26 am

Cudos to her for liking the Indigo Girls. Will check out the videos on my lunch break.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,337
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:51 am
Location: Gävle, Sweden

Re: Kraftster <3s Brandi Carlile

Postby Kraftster on Wed May 04, 2011 11:23 am

My girl coming to town for free Arts Fest show on Friday, June 10. Be there or be square.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,103
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: Brandi Carlile [s](last night)[/s] June 30

Postby The Snapshot on Wed May 04, 2011 11:36 am

Malkamaniac wrote:
MdPensFan wrote:
Kraftster wrote:Just found out this morning that Brandi Carlile has added another Pittsburgh date as part of her Give Up the Ghost tour (due to European tour postponement). This show will be at Heinz Hall with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra. I am beyond pumped for this. Tickets went on sale this morning. I'll be dead center third row. This will be an amazing show and should be attended by all. Woooo



Not anymore..


Brandi Carlile concert with PSO cancelled
Friday, June 18, 2010
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Singer-songwriter Brandi Carlile's performance with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra on Wednesday, June 30, has been cancelled "due to unforeseen circumstances."

Ticket-holders are asked to contact the Heinz Hall box office at 412-392-4900 for a refund.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10169/10 ... z0rDbzZTn8



She's pregnant.


Way to go Kraftster!! Will you be living together?
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,282
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there

Re: Kraftster <3s Brandi Carlile

Postby Kraftster on Wed May 04, 2011 11:40 am

Hah, perhaps polyamorously.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,103
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: Brandi Carlile [s](last night)[/s] June 30

Postby pittsports87 on Wed May 04, 2011 11:42 am

The Snapshot wrote:
Way to go Kraftster!! Will you be living together?

:fist:
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,455
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:44 pm
Location: College

Re: Kraftster <3s Brandi Carlile

Postby columbia on Wed May 04, 2011 12:16 pm

Kraftster wrote:Hah, perhaps polyamorously.


Just like Larry King.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,409
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: Brandi Carlile [s](last night)[/s] June 30

Postby Sarcastic on Fri May 06, 2011 2:27 pm

Kraftster wrote:No emote can describe my level of devastation.


lol, poor guy. Not only is she a lesbian but is also pregnant. Wait, how is she pregnant if she's a lesbian? I'm confused now.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,283
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Re: Kraftster <3s Brandi Carlile

Postby Kraftster on Fri May 06, 2011 2:30 pm

lol
no pregnancy at all - I'm not sure where that came from.
I was devastated because of the cancelled PSO show.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,103
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: Brandi Carlile [s](last night)[/s] June 30

Postby pittsports87 on Fri May 06, 2011 2:32 pm

Sarcastic wrote:
Kraftster wrote:No emote can describe my level of devastation.


lol, poor guy. Not only is she a lesbian but is also pregnant. Wait, how is she pregnant if she's a lesbian? I'm confused now.

Kraftster dressed up like a girl to get with her and then it was too late :pop:
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,455
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:44 pm
Location: College

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


e-mail