The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Postby Troy Loney on Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:20 am

i listened on the way into work because the 970 guy wanted to complain about the people that are complaining about tiger woods, and thats tiring.

But then the 93.7 guys starting doing some skit where the guy with the weird voice was impersonating ben howland (he just used his weird voice) for his impression on tonights game....it took them too long to get beyond the weather differences and that john wooded is old...stupid and not funny, just let dve be funny guys, stick to the x's and o's. Which was cool yesterday when they were talking about some of the changes in Pitt's defensive philosophy this season.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,777
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:45 am

The fan plz use iheartradio or some other device so I can listen on my phone kthxbai
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,679
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Postby Malkamaniac on Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:48 am

Troy Loney wrote:i listened on the way into work because the 970 guy wanted to complain about the people that are complaining about tiger woods, and thats tiring.

But then the 93.7 guys starting doing some skit where the guy with the weird voice was impersonating ben howland (he just used his weird voice) for his impression on tonights game....it took them too long to get beyond the weather differences and that john wooded is old...stupid and not funny, just let dve be funny guys, stick to the x's and o's. Which was cool yesterday when they were talking about some of the changes in Pitt's defensive philosophy this season.


I FELT THE EXACT SAME WAY.

I even sent a text in that said "Keep the skits to DVE. I'm listening because you guys aren't them."
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,976
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:33 pm
Location: Who is Sims?

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Postby AlexPKeaton on Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:54 am

There is no more boring radio than Jim Colony talking baseball. Barf. 93.7 the fan sucks.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,702
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:46 am
Location: Malkinite Compound

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Postby Malkamaniac on Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:05 am

AlexPKeaton wrote:There is no more boring radio than Jim Colony talking baseball. Barf. 93.7 the fan sucks.


I can deal with the baseball as long as I don't have to hear.

STAN LOVE THE SHOW...HUR HUR HUR. STAN HUR HUR HUR more yinz picksburg jokes HUR HUR HUR

Sabboth

Rush

Van Halen

rinse repeat.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,976
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:33 pm
Location: Who is Sims?

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Postby AlexPKeaton on Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:08 am

Meh I'd rather just listen to music lol. I like the lunch time show on 93.7, but the morning show stinks with colony, and the afternoon show has joe starkey - i'd rather listen to radio static.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,702
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:46 am
Location: Malkinite Compound

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Postby IronDukes37 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:18 am

.......
Last edited by IronDukes37 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,562
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:01 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Postby Kicksave on Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:22 am

AlexPKeaton wrote:Meh I'd rather just listen to music lol. I like the lunch time show on 93.7, but the morning show stinks with colony, and the afternoon show has joe starkey - i'd rather listen to radio static.


Well you can't please everyone, I guess. :lol:
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:53 am
Location: Feeling like I want to rage...right now.

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Postby Loaf31 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:24 am

AlexPKeaton wrote:Meh I'd rather just listen to music lol. I like the lunch time show on 93.7, but the morning show stinks with colony, and the afternoon show has joe starkey - i'd rather listen to radio static.


To each their own, but I disagree.... I love the morning show and Starkey'sshow is great
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,514
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:25 pm
Location: Fredericktown, PA

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Postby the wicked child on Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:47 am

Malkamaniac wrote:Sabboth

:face:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,516
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Postby AlexPKeaton on Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:52 am

Loaf31 wrote:
AlexPKeaton wrote:Meh I'd rather just listen to music lol. I like the lunch time show on 93.7, but the morning show stinks with colony, and the afternoon show has joe starkey - i'd rather listen to radio static.


To each their own, but I disagree.... I love the morning show and Starkey'sshow is great


I don't mind jim colony really, he is just BORING. He talks in a monotone voice and has no strong opinions. That is boring radio.

Starkey is just enraging to listen to. Every single thing that comes out of his mouth is 100% wrong. He will argue for 30 minutes that the sky is really gold because God is a yinzer because the stillers have 6 super bowls. And then he will try to argue that one player is better than another with vastly superior statistics because of "intangibles". With that kind of brilliant logic and debate skill he should have been a lawyer! I just really hate him. I wish he would be fired and then homeless under a bridge so I can point and laugh at him.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,702
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:46 am
Location: Malkinite Compound

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Postby slappybrown on Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:00 am

Point Breeze Penguins wrote:Ok this guy at night is wearing on me a little.

However the guy from 6pm-10pm is phenomenal and the 2pm-6pm and 6am-10am is light years better than what is available on the other channels.

The guy on from 6 to 10 -- if its the same guy I heard on Tuesday -- is awful.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,385
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:08 am
Location: Noted Board Henchman

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Postby IronDukes37 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:02 am

.......
Last edited by IronDukes37 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,562
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:01 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Postby Malkamaniac on Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:13 am

slappybrown wrote:
Point Breeze Penguins wrote:Ok this guy at night is wearing on me a little.

However the guy from 6pm-10pm is phenomenal and the 2pm-6pm and 6am-10am is light years better than what is available on the other channels.

The guy on from 6 to 10 -- if its the same guy I heard on Tuesday -- is awful.



He comes off as trying to be edgy. It's really strange. I don't like him either.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,976
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:33 pm
Location: Who is Sims?

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Postby IronDukes37 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:51 am

.......
Last edited by IronDukes37 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,562
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:01 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Postby slappybrown on Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:57 am

IronDukes37 wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:He comes off as trying to be edgy. It's really strange. I don't like him either.

He was the Chris Mack of WFAN NYC before he got this job.

So what is his name?
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,385
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:08 am
Location: Noted Board Henchman

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Postby Kicksave on Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:04 pm

Greg Gionatti? (sp?)
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:53 am
Location: Feeling like I want to rage...right now.

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Postby IronDukes37 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:10 pm

.......
Last edited by IronDukes37 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,562
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:01 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Postby Stoosh on Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:21 pm

Malkamaniac wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:i listened on the way into work because the 970 guy wanted to complain about the people that are complaining about tiger woods, and thats tiring.

But then the 93.7 guys starting doing some skit where the guy with the weird voice was impersonating ben howland (he just used his weird voice) for his impression on tonights game....it took them too long to get beyond the weather differences and that john wooded is old...stupid and not funny, just let dve be funny guys, stick to the x's and o's. Which was cool yesterday when they were talking about some of the changes in Pitt's defensive philosophy this season.


I FELT THE EXACT SAME WAY.

I even sent a text in that said "Keep the skits to DVE. I'm listening because you guys aren't them."


For what it's worth, Jon Burton did the Howland impression this morning. While it did kind of fall flat, back when he worked for WTAE, he used to call in to both ESPN Radio and DVE's morning show & do the same impressions. He's actually a lot funnier than that impression came off this morning. It might be a thing with him just getting his timing back. Burton also does a dead-on impression of Walt Harris that is absolutely hilarious...not quite as good as Steigy's Bryan Murray impression, but pretty close.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,458
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:19 am
Location: Aliquippa, PA

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Postby Kicksave on Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:27 pm

Stoosh wrote:For what it's worth, Jon Burton did the Howland impression this morning. While it did kind of fall flat, back when he worked for WTAE, he used to call in to both ESPN Radio and DVE's morning show & do the same impressions. He's actually a lot funnier than that impression came off this morning. It might be a thing with him just getting his timing back. Burton also does a dead-on impression of Walt Harris that is absolutely hilarious...not quite as good as Steigy's Bryan Murray impression, but pretty close.


Image
(Does pertain really to the content of your post, Stoosh, but good to see you around here)
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:53 am
Location: Feeling like I want to rage...right now.

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Postby Twisted Wrister on Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:14 pm

I am so sick of Tiger Woods. Working at a golf club, that is ALL I hear about.
Twisted Wrister
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,876
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:12 pm
Location: Dooby, dooby, doooo

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Postby IronDukes37 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:55 pm

.......
Last edited by IronDukes37 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,562
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:01 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Postby mac5155 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:58 pm

Kicksave wrote:Who the **** is Dutch Wydo?


isnt he KillerChiuauia
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,362
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Postby IronDukes37 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:43 am

.......
Last edited by IronDukes37 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,562
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:01 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Postby Marshall Dylan on Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:20 am

Twisted Wrister wrote:I am so sick of Tiger Woods. Working at a golf club, that is ALL I hear about.



And you really want to talk about figure skating.
Marshall Dylan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,142
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:54 pm

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AlexPKeaton, GJ, KennyTheKangaroo, mikey287, stopper40, the errey i breathe and 7 guests

e-mail