The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Postby IanMoran on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:16 pm

I hate to see anyone (even Benz) lose their job, but if it had to happen to someone it couldn't have happened to a better (or really worse) person than Benz
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby JS© on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:50 pm

Eismann wrote:Lol. Typical. Ok for him to shredrip everyone about everything and laugh about it, but when he gets it turned on him he goes diaper wetting toddler. Consequences, baby. See you on the flipside.

IanMoran wrote:I hate to see anyone (even Benz) lose their job, but if it had to happen to someone it couldn't have happened to a better (or really worse) person than Benz

Rumor is he's suspended for a week.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:36 pm

I don't know why people hate Benz. He talks Pens, and he's sarcastic. I dig it.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:25 am

Andrew Fillaponi's Adam's apple is making me sick
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby JS© on Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:37 am

According to Bob, Benz is "on vacation" today.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:47 am

I wonder if he is vacationing at the same location as Paul Alexander
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mac5155 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:00 am

He made a comment on Facebook directed at someone that said basically he was fine with Obama flying drones over the US and hoped that they would bomb this guys house, and if it happened he wouldn't be upset. That's a bit far.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mac5155 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:01 am

JS© wrote:According to Bob, Benz is "on vacation" today.

Wasn't the same thing said about jim krenn too?
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby stopper40 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:09 am

FWIW, 105.9's wikipedia page has Benz listed former staff. I saw it on there yesterday.

Tim Benz co-hosted the weekday morning show until he resigned February 8, 2013 for threatening comments he made on Facebook and an on-air bashing of a local firearm store’s giveaway of an AR-15 package and firearm owners in general.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WXDX-FM
stopper40
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby FreeCandy44 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:10 am

Well if Wikipedia says it, im sure its true.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby demondg1 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:24 am

stopper40 wrote:FWIW, 105.9's wikipedia page has Benz listed former staff. I saw it on there yesterday.

Tim Benz co-hosted the weekday morning show until he resigned February 8, 2013 for threatening comments he made on Facebook and an on-air bashing of a local firearm store’s giveaway of an AR-15 package and firearm owners in general.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WXDX-FM

According to wikipedia, Gary Roberts now hosts the morning show.
demondg1
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby peterleefan on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:39 am

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:I wonder if he is vacationing at the same location as Paul Alexander

What does this mean? Are you referring to when Alexander disappeared for a few days after his DUI?
peterleefan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby JS© on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:40 am

peterleefan wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:I wonder if he is vacationing at the same location as Paul Alexander

What does this mean? Are you referring to when Alexander disappeared for a few days after his DUI?

Probably, unless they mean that Tim Benz is having a few adult beverages at the local pub at this hour.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Shyster on Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:02 pm

mac5155 wrote:He made a comment on Facebook directed at someone that said basically he was fine with Obama flying drones over the US and hoped that they would bomb this guys house, and if it happened he wouldn't be upset. That's a bit far.

This story supposedly has a screenshot of the post:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02 ... rm-owners/

The threatening portion of the Facebook post reads: “To answer your question, I think Obama’s idea of flying drones over America is an awesome one… so long as the drone is targeting your house. If he blew you away held be doing all of us a favor.” (Ellipsis in original.)

Benz supposedly resigned, but considering he used his employer’s official Facebook account to wish death on a listener, he probably would have been canned if he hadn’t quit. And good riddance. As a gun owner, I’m plenty sick of listening to radio discussions that basically boil down to people talking about the various ways they’d like to screw me over or make me a criminal. There are plenty of times when I’ve switched to a sports-talk or comedy station as a refuge from those discussions. If I wanted to listen to some jagoff talk about gun control, I could turn on Marty Griffin on KDKA or many other news-talk stations. I don’t want that from the X.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DudeMan2766 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:43 pm

Now Dejans on some whiny rant about shark attacks?? Either making fun of people who et attacked by sharks or complaining because we have to hear about them. I have no idea. This guy ha lost it
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Tim Thomasen on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:52 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:Now Dejans on some whiny rant about shark attacks?? Either making fun of people who et attacked by sharks or complaining because we have to hear about them. I have no idea. This guy ha lost it

I don't mind Dejan's work, but even i'm scratching my head at this. I mean he lives in western PA, why the hell would he care about shark attacks?

I guess he's bored.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Postby Bioshock on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:02 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:Now Dejans on some whiny rant about shark attacks?? Either making fun of people who et attacked by sharks or complaining because we have to hear about them. I have no idea. This guy ha lost it

You do know what sarcasm and satire is right?
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pucks_and_Pols on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:29 am

Shyster wrote:
mac5155 wrote:He made a comment on Facebook directed at someone that said basically he was fine with Obama flying drones over the US and hoped that they would bomb this guys house, and if it happened he wouldn't be upset. That's a bit far.

This story supposedly has a screenshot of the post:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02 ... rm-owners/

The threatening portion of the Facebook post reads: “To answer your question, I think Obama’s idea of flying drones over America is an awesome one… so long as the drone is targeting your house. If he blew you away held be doing all of us a favor.” (Ellipsis in original.)

Benz supposedly resigned, but considering he used his employer’s official Facebook account to wish death on a listener, he probably would have been canned if he hadn’t quit. And good riddance. As a gun owner, I’m plenty sick of listening to radio discussions that basically boil down to people talking about the various ways they’d like to screw me over or make me a criminal. There are plenty of times when I’ve switched to a sports-talk or comedy station as a refuge from those discussions. If I wanted to listen to some jagoff talk about gun control, I could turn on Marty Griffin on KDKA or many other news-talk stations. I don’t want that from the X.

and I'm sick of hearing from gun owners who dont want to hear from anybody, any opinion outside their myopic worldview where there should be no restrictions of any kind, on any kind of firearm, and the only way they can conceive of to deal with violence, is violence in kind.
I realize the X morning show was mostly sports and comedy, but they also covered news events and never shied away from giving hard opinions on the topics they covered. but as soon as Benz started to opine on the sacrosanct 2nd amendment, he was, figurativly, ambushed by the coalition of the armed speech silencers of the NRA.
Pucks_and_Pols
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby JS© on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:32 am

Pucks_and_Pols wrote:and I'm sick of hearing from gun owners who dont want to hear from anybody, any opinion outside their myopic worldview where there should be no restrictions of any kind, on any kind of firearm, and the only way they can conceive of to deal with violence, is violence in kind.

and there's the other side of the coin where anti-gun people who think everything they speak is gospel. I don't have a horse in this race since I'm not a gun owner, nor will I probably ever be one. However, I can see why the pro-gun people get pissed off. Anti-gun people speak and think whatever they say is right no matter what is said. The second a pro-gun person speaks, and the next thing you hear is how crazy they are for clinging to their guns and that they need to reconsider how the constitution was written, which was perfectly presented by Benz.

(not gonna continue the pro/anti gun argument here since this thread is about Pittsburgh Sports Radio, nor do I have enough of a personal interest in either direction. The point that I was making is that Benz was the perfect stereotype for the cause that he rallied for)
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:33 pm

Lol Ron cook freak out. IM A REALIST
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:40 pm

what was crook cranky about today?
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby columbia on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:41 pm

Vinnie likes Napoli's pizza better than Mineo's?
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby slappybrown on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:49 pm

I could listen to Gianotti's impression of Cook for hours.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Shyster on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:12 pm

Pucks_and_Pols wrote:and I'm sick of hearing from gun owners who dont want to hear from anybody, any opinion outside their myopic worldview where there should be no restrictions of any kind, on any kind of firearm, and the only way they can conceive of to deal with violence, is violence in kind.
I realize the X morning show was mostly sports and comedy, but they also covered news events and never shied away from giving hard opinions on the topics they covered. but as soon as Benz started to opine on the sacrosanct 2nd amendment, he was, figurativly, ambushed by the coalition of the armed speech silencers of the NRA.

Reply posted in the Political Discussion Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38742&p=2309496#p2309496
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby TheGhostofGoulet on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:16 pm

He's apparently back tomorrow, so the whole "resignation" was likely just a ratings ploy.
TheGhostofGoulet
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to NHR