The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Postby columbia on Tue May 21, 2013 10:52 am

I stopped following Madden, because I don't need to see his pr0n star retweets while I'm at work.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Bioshock on Tue May 21, 2013 11:25 am

slappybrown wrote:By the way guys, Tim Benz is mad at you all for being mean to him on the air and disagreeing with him. He left yesterday's show in a "bad and angry mood" because people disagreed with how he felt about Game 3 and how he felt that people were mad at him because "he was just trying to talk hockey."

You guys are real jerks.

I can't believe i'm saying this but i completely agree with what Randy Baumann said the other day. He went on a rant about how there are a lot of sports writers in this town with an elitist attitude boardering on wanting people to worship them. Was saying how these people with over inflated views of themselves need to be quiet and drop the act because in the long run they aren't really that important. He went on to say that we are all replaceable in the grand scheme of things. I'm paraphrasing here but he really seemed to be aiming it at Mark Madden and Mike Prisuta.

Personally, i think you need to have an ego to be successful in life. But when it gets out of control it becomes extremely annoying.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby TheGhostofGoulet on Tue May 21, 2013 11:41 am

slappybrown wrote:By the way guys, Tim Benz is mad at you all for being mean to him on the air and disagreeing with him. He left yesterday's show in a "bad and angry mood" because people disagreed with how he felt about Game 3 and how he felt that people were mad at him because "he was just trying to talk hockey."

You guys are real jerks.

Tim Benz, the 14-year old girl of the radio.

Don't worry, you'll eventually be a real woman.
TheGhostofGoulet
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DudeMan2766 on Tue May 21, 2013 11:59 am

I get a kick almost daily out of Madden ripping people for defending Geno no matter what. He must not remember every single time he's ever discussed Ben Roethlisberger ever.
DudeMan2766
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Tim Thomasen on Tue May 21, 2013 12:12 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:I get a kick almost daily out of Madden ripping people for defending Geno no matter what. He must not remember every single time he's ever discussed Ben Roethlisberger ever.

Yeah but, Geno doesn't go on his show and Ben used to live next door to Madden so it's okay.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Postby Lt. Dish on Tue May 21, 2013 1:40 pm

I can't listen to Mark Madden's gurgling Yinzer accent SHAHTING to his listeners. The accent is arguably not the issue, as that can add local flavor (e.g., Myron Cope). But the contempt, condescension, immaturity, and unprofessionalism...I heard him once a few years ago for 15 minutes and couldn't take anymore.

I don't mean to sound condescending myself; I know I'm well-removed from his core demographic.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby slappybrown on Tue May 21, 2013 2:41 pm

Bioshock wrote:

You guys are real jerks.

I can't believe i'm saying this but i completely agree with what Randy Baumann said the other day. He went on a rant about how there are a lot of sports writers in this town with an elitist attitude boardering on wanting people to worship them. Was saying how these people with over inflated views of themselves need to be quiet and drop the act because in the long run they aren't really that important. He went on to say that we are all replaceable in the grand scheme of things. I'm paraphrasing here but he really seemed to be aiming it at Mark Madden and Mike Prisuta.

Personally, i think you need to have an ego to be successful in life. But when it gets out of control it becomes extremely annoying.

Isn't Prisuta on the show with Baumann?

Prisuta is awful. NAN likes Prisuta, that's all you need to know. Dumbest guy on radio in this city, which is impressive.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Tue May 21, 2013 2:45 pm

slappybrown wrote:Prisuta is awful. NAN likes Prisuta, that's all you need to know. Dumbest guy on radio in this city, which is impressive.

Prisuta 4 life.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Tue May 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Right around the time of the 2008 presidential election, there was some serious tension between Baumann and Prisuta that was evident on the air. You don't see it as much anymore, but for a while there you could tell that they did not like each other. So I could easily see Randy making that remark and it being partially in reference to Mike.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Tim Thomasen on Tue May 21, 2013 2:48 pm

Lt. Dish wrote:I can't listen to Mark Madden's gurgling Yinzer accent SHAHTING to his listeners. The accent is arguably not the issue, as that can add local flavor (e.g., Myron Cope). But the contempt, condescension, immaturity, and unprofessionalism...I heard him once a few years ago for 15 minutes and couldn't take anymore.

I don't mean to sound condescending myself; I know I'm well-removed from his core demographic.

That's one reason I can't listen to Madden but the main reason reason is I can't get into a rhythm of listening to him when every 8 minutes or so he either breaks for commercial and/or music. Granted he has no control over it but I still don't like it and neither does he which is why he retweets every tweet that complains about music being played on his show.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Tue May 21, 2013 2:48 pm

aint nothing wrong w/ prisuta. he keeps it real
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby newarenanow on Tue May 21, 2013 2:53 pm

I like Madden because people take him too seriously and he feeds off of it. The man is pretty funny at times too.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Tim Thomasen on Tue May 21, 2013 2:58 pm

newarenanow wrote:I like Madden because people take him too seriously and he feeds off of it. The man is pretty funny at times too.

At times, yes your right he can be funny like when he rips into Todd Haley for instance, but alot of times his act can be unbearable.

I will say this though, the guy is a good interviewer and he books some great guest for his show.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby jimjom on Thu May 23, 2013 1:07 pm

Unfollowed Mueller, can't take the NBA tweets. Tweeted about the Heat-Pacers game more than the Pens game, unacceptable IMO.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DudeMan2766 on Thu May 23, 2013 2:53 pm

jimjom wrote:Unfollowed Mueller, can't take the NBA tweets. Tweeted about the Heat-Pacers game more than the Pens game, unacceptable IMO.

Its not even his NBA tweets thats getting to me, but everything he says about hockey is just obnoxious sarcasm that only he thinks is funny. I'm waiting for some time when Crosby gets stopped and he'll throw out the ever hilarious "They should trade Crosby" tweets. Because he's the type of guy that will do it. Its just really really weak attempts at humor and he only does it when it relates to hockey. At least try to take a big part of your job somewhat seriously.
DudeMan2766
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Thu May 23, 2013 3:09 pm

jimjom wrote:Unfollowed Mueller, can't take the NBA tweets. Tweeted about the Heat-Pacers game more than the Pens game, unacceptable IMO.

Lol
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Tim Thomasen on Thu May 23, 2013 3:30 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:

Its not even his NBA tweets thats getting to me, but everything he says about hockey is just obnoxious sarcasm that only he thinks is funny. I'm waiting for some time when Crosby gets stopped and he'll throw out the ever hilarious "They should trade Crosby" tweets. Because he's the type of guy that will do it. Its just really really weak attempts at humor and he only does it when it relates to hockey. At least try to take a big part of your job somewhat seriously.

That's one of the reasons I don't like him. I don't like all the NBA tweets but whatever, but his arrogant sarcastic tone he has towards the Pens and hockey in general is what really gets to me regarding Mueller.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Bioshock on Fri May 24, 2013 11:25 am

I don't know guys... Still enjoy Dejan. Haha
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DudeMan2766 on Fri May 24, 2013 11:48 am

Hey Guys, Mueller plans on trolling us tonight with his #analysis and nba talk. Get ready for the LULZ!!!

But seriously, pretty obvious someone reads the boards. For a station with ratings in the trash can you'd think some effort would be spent doing something other than mildly agitating what little fan base you may have, just because you know you can. Mueller was probably that kid in school that put his finger an inch from your face and said "Not touching you, cant get mad. Not touching you, cant get mad"
DudeMan2766
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby FreeCandy44 on Fri May 24, 2013 11:50 am

Trolling us as in posting here or on twitter? I have to say I once enjoyed his show when it was on at night. Now he is just a jag.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Fri May 24, 2013 12:00 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:Trolling us as in posting here or on twitter? I have to say I once enjoyed his show when it was on at night. Now he is just a jag.

On twitter. He posted something about covering the Pens tonight and its the playoffs so its serious business. Then just scroll through his replies and he knows what he does agitates everyone, so thats why he does it. If it were even remotely humorous, then okay i guess. I just dont like people who get an ego stroke out of doing things for no other reason than the sole purpose of annoying people. A young guy who had a good reputation in a town of people who are just sick of 90% of its sports media, and he wants to turn people off of him (which is what he's doing) by acting like he's in high school instead of actually covering a sport.
DudeMan2766
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby jimjom on Fri May 24, 2013 12:20 pm

IS LITT CHRIS MUELLER? IS LITT A FRIEND OF MEULERZ? :scared:
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby slappybrown on Fri May 24, 2013 12:50 pm

Bioshock hearts Mueller. Twitter buddies.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Fri May 24, 2013 12:54 pm

newarenanow wrote:
slappybrown wrote:Prisuta is awful. NAN likes Prisuta, that's all you need to know. Dumbest guy on radio in this city, which is impressive.

Prisuta 4 life.

I liked Prisuta before he got removed from the Trib. Now that he just talks sports, it's nothing but his sole opinion.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Fri May 24, 2013 12:55 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:Trolling us as in posting here or on twitter? I have to say I once enjoyed his show when it was on at night. Now he is just a jag.

On twitter. He posted something about covering the Pens tonight and its the playoffs so its serious business. Then just scroll through his replies and he knows what he does agitates everyone, so thats why he does it. If it were even remotely humorous, then okay i guess. I just dont like people who get an ego stroke out of doing things for no other reason than the sole purpose of annoying people. A young guy who had a good reputation in a town of people who are just sick of 90% of its sports media, and he wants to turn people off of him (which is what he's doing) by acting like he's in high school instead of actually covering a sport.

Look at the past 15 pages of this thread. Nobody cares about the guy doing a good job. Everyone wants to hear/hate/talk about the guy who has an ego or makes fun of listeners.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR