Cowher to Retire?

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Cowher to Retire?

Postby Mad City Mike on Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:48 pm

That's the rumor Madden is reporting. Supposedly so his daughter can go to a basketball friendly private school in North Carolina. Supposedly it's making the rounds in Fox Chapel today.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,780
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:14 am
Location: De Forest, WI

Postby nocera on Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:53 pm

why would his coaching matter?
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,057
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:02 pm

Postby Mad City Mike on Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:59 pm

nocera wrote:why would his coaching matter?


The rumor says he will move to North Carolina. then when his girl finishes high school in 3 years, he would come back to coaching, though likely not in Pittsburgh.

I don't buy it for a second myself.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,780
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:14 am
Location: De Forest, WI

Postby nocera on Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:03 pm

Mad City Mike wrote:
nocera wrote:why would his coaching matter?


The rumor says he will move to North Carolina. then when his girl finishes high school in 3 years, he would come back to coaching, though likely not in Pittsburgh.

I don't buy it for a second myself.



it sounds pretty ridiculous. what ever happened to kids going away to college without mommy and daddy? isn't that the point?
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,057
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:02 pm

Re: Cowher to Retire?

Postby Admin on Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:05 pm

Mad City Mike wrote:That's the rumor Madden is reporting. Supposedly so his daughter can go to a basketball friendly private school in North Carolina. Supposedly it's making the rounds in Fox Chapel today.

Is he trying to rain on their parade?
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11,001
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:04 am

Re: Cowher to Retire?

Postby Daniel on Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:10 pm

Mad City Mike wrote:That's the rumor Madden is reporting. Supposedly so his daughter can go to a basketball friendly private school in North Carolina. Supposedly it's making the rounds in Fox Chapel today.


Perhaps Madden "borrowed" the story from a message board parody. :lol:
Daniel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,109
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:10 pm
Location: Dallas

Re: Cowher to Retire?

Postby Mad City Mike on Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:13 pm

Daniel wrote:
Mad City Mike wrote:That's the rumor Madden is reporting. Supposedly so his daughter can go to a basketball friendly private school in North Carolina. Supposedly it's making the rounds in Fox Chapel today.


Perhaps Madden "borrowed" the story from a message board parody. :lol:


The Great Mark Madden would never steal from a message board. It is below a person of his stature. :roll:
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,780
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:14 am
Location: De Forest, WI

Postby DelPen on Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:26 pm

Madden is bitter. But his bitterness is nothing compared to the idiots on WIP in Philly. So what we know is Seattle got jobbed with bad calls, Big Ben was scared the whole game and the Steelers & Cowher didn't really win the Super Bowl. I would expect this from Seattle but Philly? Are they that jealous?

But getting back to the original topic, if Cowher leaves I wouldn't mind. Promote Wisenhunt and see what he can do running the show by himself.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,953
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Postby freq019 on Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:27 pm

wouldn't russ grimm be next in line and not wisenhunt?
freq019
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 703
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:03 pm
Location: Now in the burgh

Postby Vanbiesbrouck on Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:11 am

Not necessarilly missing anything, but is Madden back with us on here yet, or is he just reading to get 'ideas' and not necessarilly enlightening us with his clean, friendly banter?
Vanbiesbrouck
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 819
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:50 pm

Postby Admin on Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:12 am

Vanbiesbrouck wrote:Not necessarilly missing anything, but is Madden back with us on here yet, or is he just reading to get 'ideas' and not necessarilly enlightening us with his clean, friendly banter?

He has not registered.
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11,001
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:04 am

Postby Admin on Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:36 pm

Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11,001
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:04 am

Postby NIN on Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:37 pm

Its a load of crap that he made up from the fold of his belly.
NIN
 

Postby Peter on Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:44 pm

I think both he and his wife went to college in Raliegh. I was just there a few weeks ago. I can't see the appeal.

He has won the Super Bowl, he has accomplished everything he needed to accomplish. At least there will be an NHL team in Raliegh in 2 years.
Peter
 

Postby ExPatriatePen on Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:47 pm

Madden is dead to me. Dead I say. Next subject.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Peter on Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:56 pm

Really? He is very much alive. Tune in to 1250 AM 3-7 weekdays!
Peter
 

the Cowhers purchase home in NC

Postby penny lane on Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:58 am

nocera wrote:
Mad City Mike wrote:
nocera wrote:why would his coaching matter?


The rumor says he will move to North Carolina. then when his girl finishes high school in 3 years, he would come back to coaching, though likely not in Pittsburgh.

I don't buy it for a second myself.



it sounds pretty ridiculous. what ever happened to kids going away to college without mommy and daddy? isn't that the point?


http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06060/662771.stm
The Cowhers will be like many of steeler nation...lovin the
steelers but not living in Pittsburgh.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,624
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Have fun, kick butt!

We aren't the only ones who noticed this with WTAE...

Postby kovyman1127 on Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:28 pm

Pens Q&A: November 15, 2002


Q: Do you think the local TV news media needs to cover the Penguins in greater depth? Since attendance is lower this year, do you think the Penguins' management should lobby for enhanced coverage on the sports section of the nightly news? After all, the Steelers get all the free PR they can handle on all three networks. If the Penguins could get more coverage, then maybe their stature and popularity -- and, ultimately, ticket sales -- would improve.


Greg Wood of Greenfield


KOVACEVIC: I almost always stay away from questions about other media, Greg, although I'm always happy to entertain comments or concerns about the Post-Gazette's coverage of the Penguins. But I'll make an exception this time, as I get a lot of this sentiment in e-mails.

My initial response is that I think four of the five Pittsburgh stations with a regular sportscast show Penguins news and highlights fairly regularly, albeit with a noticeable dip on weekends. The other station, WTAE, is obsessive about the Steelers to the extent that it isn't shy about leading its sportscasts in May and June with a "Countdown to Camp Cowher" in favor of highlights from a Pirates game attended by 30,000. I'd consider that the anomaly, though, rather than the rule.
kovyman1127
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:45 pm

Re: We aren't the only ones who noticed this with WTAE...

Postby Jamie on Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:01 am

kovyman1127 wrote:Pens Q&A: November 15, 2002


Q: Do you think the local TV news media needs to cover the Penguins in greater depth? Since attendance is lower this year, do you think the Penguins' management should lobby for enhanced coverage on the sports section of the nightly news? After all, the Steelers get all the free PR they can handle on all three networks. If the Penguins could get more coverage, then maybe their stature and popularity -- and, ultimately, ticket sales -- would improve.


Greg Wood of Greenfield


KOVACEVIC: I almost always stay away from questions about other media, Greg, although I'm always happy to entertain comments or concerns about the Post-Gazette's coverage of the Penguins. But I'll make an exception this time, as I get a lot of this sentiment in e-mails.

My initial response is that I think four of the five Pittsburgh stations with a regular sportscast show Penguins news and highlights fairly regularly, albeit with a noticeable dip on weekends. The other station, WTAE, is obsessive about the Steelers to the extent that it isn't shy about leading its sportscasts in May and June with a "Countdown to Camp Cowher" in favor of highlights from a Pirates game attended by 30,000. I'd consider that the anomaly, though, rather than the rule.


And this has what to do with Cowher retiring?
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,062
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:04 pm
Location: Here or there

Postby kovyman1127 on Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:36 pm

sorry gang...pasted this in wrong thread...sorry.
kovyman1127
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:45 pm

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:19 am

kovyman1127 wrote:sorry gang...pasted this in wrong thread...sorry.


I thought PHPBB had a delete option under 'Edit'? Admin?
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby netwolf on Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:56 pm

I think the delete option disappears once someone replies to a post.

Edit: yep, it would seem you can only delete a post that has no replies.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,375
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am


Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DelPen, DudeMan2766, JS©, MalkinIsMyHomeboy, skullman80 and 16 guests


e-mail