TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: TV Shows

Postby newarenanow on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:10 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:HIMYM expected to return for another season.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/24/showbiz/t ... ?c=showbiz


I was hoping they'd kind of end it after this season. I guess the only good thing is, they now potentially know where the end point is, and hopefully that will help the story line.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,628
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: TV Shows

Postby newarenanow on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:11 pm

I started watching "The Neighbors". While not the best, I think it was pretty good. I'll continue to watch it.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,628
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: TV Shows

Postby the wicked child on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:13 pm

Totally forgot that David Schwimmer was in Band of Brothers.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,885
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: TV Shows

Postby newarenanow on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:15 pm

the wicked child wrote:Totally forgot that David Schwimmer was in Band of Brothers.


"Passes, revoked".
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,628
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: TV Shows

Postby shmenguin on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:21 pm

newarenanow wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:HIMYM expected to return for another season.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/24/showbiz/t ... ?c=showbiz


I was hoping they'd kind of end it after this season. I guess the only good thing is, they now potentially know where the end point is, and hopefully that will help the story line.


i wouldn't be surprised if it went 2 or 3 more seasons. it still gets good ratings, and jason segal is the only one on the show who seems to have other, legitimate stuff to do - yet they've managed to keep him around this long.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,202
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: TV Shows

Postby newarenanow on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:24 pm

shmenguin wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:HIMYM expected to return for another season.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/24/showbiz/t ... ?c=showbiz


I was hoping they'd kind of end it after this season. I guess the only good thing is, they now potentially know where the end point is, and hopefully that will help the story line.


i wouldn't be surprised if it went 2 or 3 more seasons. it still gets good ratings, and jason segal is the only one on the show who seems to have other, legitimate stuff to do - yet they've managed to keep him around this long.


I don't think they will. I think next year will be the end. I've read an interview where the producer always viewed this show as an 8 or 9 season show, mainly because it is set in real time, and there is only so much story to tell until the kids are born, and he didn't want to go much past that. He said depending on if CBS/the actors wanted to go, he wanted to either end the show where Ted met the mother (this season), or go one season into the birth of the first child(next season, if there is one).

I don't think they have much longer term plans.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,628
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: TV Shows

Postby shmenguin on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:33 pm

i'd be curious about other long running sitcoms and ultimately why they called it quits? i imagine it's typically due to the talent wanting to leave to do other things. i don't know how much the artistic aspect of story telling would come into play.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,202
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: TV Shows

Postby newarenanow on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:35 pm

shmenguin wrote:i'd be curious about other long running sitcoms and ultimately why they called it quits? i imagine it's typically due to the talent wanting to leave to do other things. i don't know how much the artistic aspect of story telling would come into play.


I think it's a mixture of both. I think of shows like Married with Children, where all the actors were still on board, but the stories just became redundent. So the network axes it.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,628
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: TV Shows

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:36 pm

They cancelled Leverage. :cry:
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,283
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Re: TV Shows

Postby DudeMan2766 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:51 am

Okay. I'm developing a huge crush in Willies wife from Duck Dynasty, Korie. I don't care how much money they have, these dudes can't possibly look or act like this in everyday life to reel this stuff in
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,187
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:33 pm
Location: Squares don't fit in my circle.

Re: TV Shows

Postby the wicked child on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:56 am

I saw a couple episodes of that on Xmas eve... I am inclined to agree. I don't care how much money they have, their wives are way too hot to put up with the crap that goes on.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,885
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: TV Shows

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:48 am

Anyone watch girls on hbo? Watched the entire first season tonight, pretty funny
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,407
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: TV Shows

Postby Kraftster on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:00 am

Girls is very good.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,222
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: TV Shows

Postby Idoit40fans on Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:47 pm

Tim Thomasen wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:You guys are brutal today. If he wants to like Glee...let him. I can think of many many worse things.


Thank you and watching Jersey Shore would be worse in my opinion.

I will start by saying that i don like glee...but the girlfriend does so i watch it. Jersey shore would be much worse. If the girlfriend liked that, she would just be some girl i dated a few times. Seriously, that would be a dealbreaker. And i am not a all someone who feels that strongly about...anything really.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,601
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: TV Shows

Postby Gaucho on Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:07 pm

Do Mad Men, Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones all continue in March?

Edit: no, BB continues in July. Boo! Hiss!
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 42,121
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: TV Shows

Postby eddysnake on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:50 pm

All new 14 episodes of Arrested Development come out on netflix May 4th. Thats awesome that they all come at once!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/12/29/new-arrested-development-set-for-may-4th-episode-titles-revealed-for-what-its-worth/
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,440
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm
Location: tool shed

Re: TV Shows

Postby JeffDFD on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:22 pm

newarenanow wrote:
the wicked child wrote:Totally forgot that David Schwimmer was in Band of Brothers.


"Passes, revoked".


He was at least a central character for a little bit...the real surprise was seeing Jimmy Fallon for like, 30 seconds...I was all "hey, what the?!...Is that Jimmy Fallon?! Wow...it totally is and...oh ok he is gone now."

That may be his entire dramatic acting career.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,590
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 2:55 pm
Location: Inside the tumor in Crosby's neck.

Re: TV Shows

Postby the wicked child on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:32 pm

Hmm... I overlooked Jimmy Fallon altogether. :lol:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,885
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: TV Shows

Postby JeffDFD on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:43 pm

the wicked child wrote:Hmm... I overlooked Jimmy Fallon altogether. :lol:


I'm not really a fan of his or anything, but it was just such a surprise...kind of makes sense why he doesn't do any other dramatic roles...I am always so used to him playing the idiot/sarcastic/joker or whatever that it kind of distracts from the rest of the scene...like he is going to break out into his idiot/wise guy SNL Boston character and be all like "heyyyyyyyyyy...you guys need some ammo or something??? Ill give you some ammo for your sister...heeeyyyyyyy!!!"



The scene for others who are interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq5qRy-ErWA
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,590
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 2:55 pm
Location: Inside the tumor in Crosby's neck.

Re: TV Shows

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:09 am

I don't remember where I saw it - it must have been his show - but Fallon told a story about how he couldn't drive the jeep in that scene. He kept stalling out and finally drove it enough to keep Dale Dye and Tom Hanks (who directed that episode) from yelling at him.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,266
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:21 pm
Location: Roger Roger.

Re: TV Shows

Postby the wicked child on Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:19 am

I can see why I didn't notice him... they wisely kept his part very small and didn't allow him to try to be funny.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,885
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: TV Shows

Postby malkinshair on Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:30 pm

My wife and I started watching Fringe on amazon over the weekend. We're about 7 episodes in, and really like it. Sort of an updated X-files. The acting is getting better as the characters start to get fleshed out. We're happy we tried it.
malkinshair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,233
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:27 pm
Location: about 455 yards away...with a 2 iron, I think.

Re: TV Shows

Postby relantel on Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:23 pm

I'm ok with another season of HIMYM.
Spoiler:


Sad at the loss of Leverage - assume it means the Christmas episode was the last one? (haven't watched it yet, nor the 3 preceding)

Saw a promo for a new show where Anthony Edwards returns to TV. Think it was on ABC (this was during the 10 mins leading into the ball drop last night). Didn't catch the name, but intriguing.

And Cougar Town returns next Tuesday (1-8) at 10pm, but now on TBS. They have had an ad blitz across radio stations here in the DC area for the last month on that.

Guessing due its absence to date that CSI: Miami is dead?
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,365
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:24 am
Location: The card table

Re: TV Shows

Postby Spangler on Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:41 pm

the wicked child wrote:I can see why I didn't notice him... they wisely kept his part very small and didn't allow him to try to be funny.


You say it like he has an uncontrollable urge to be funny on camera. lol

If I ever meet him one day, I'm asking him, "How the hell did you get to be in Band of Brothers".
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,377
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:31 am
Location: www.reviewjunkies.com

Re: TV Shows

Postby blackjack68 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:13 pm

relantel wrote:I'm ok with another season of HIMYM.
Spoiler:


Sad at the loss of Leverage - assume it means the Christmas episode was the last one? (haven't watched it yet, nor the 3 preceding)

Saw a promo for a new show where Anthony Edwards returns to TV. Think it was on ABC (this was during the 10 mins leading into the ball drop last night). Didn't catch the name, but intriguing.

And Cougar Town returns next Tuesday (1-8) at 10pm, but now on TBS. They have had an ad blitz across radio stations here in the DC area for the last month on that.

Guessing due its absence to date that CSI: Miami is dead?


Yeah, CSI:Miami was offially pronounced DOA after last season.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,558
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:12 am
Location: formerly Pittsburgh, now NJ

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Defence21, Dickie Dunn, dodint, GJ, Grunthy, malkinshair, meow and 10 guests


e-mail