TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: TV Shows

Postby Sarcastic on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:07 pm

On season 2, episode 7 of Arrested Development.

I understand the show is making a return in 2013? What's the story with that?
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:19 pm

Guys, don't forget tonight at 10pm... Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.

I'm such a fan of those. Beautiful girls in lingerie. Nothing dirty about it. Made into a big event each year. Music. Some unbelievable designs on those wings they wear. You can see how much fun the girls are having, dancing and laughing. That's probably my favorite part.

Big :thumb:
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MWB on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:31 pm

Your name fits that post very well.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Froggy on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:49 pm

MWB wrote:Your name fits that post very well.

no, pretty sure his love of girls in lingerie is in earnest.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby meecrofilm on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:06 pm

Crazy as it may sound.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby MWB on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:16 pm

Froggy wrote:

I believe that, just not sure about the wing stuff and that the favorite part is seeing how much fun the girls have.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby canaan on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:22 pm

You must not be familiar with sarcastic's posts
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby columbia on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:14 pm

I'd like to see Sarcastic's screen name changed to Mr. Libido.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Godric on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:07 am

columbia wrote:I'd like to see Sarcastic's screen name changed to Mr. Libido.

I'd prefer "Mojo" or "Mr. Mojo"
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby Sarcastic on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:42 am

Froggy wrote:

Is there anything more beautiful in this world than women? No. And what man doesn't like looking at beautitul women. Even if he doesn't admit it whether due to fear he'd be labeled a perv or perhaps if he has been so broken by the jealous girl in his life that he looks at his shoes whenever a pretty girl walks by. I think women can be wonderful and it is more of an admiration on my part whenever I see a girl that by sheer looks can make me feel funny. Have me stare in amazement. It's probably magic.

As far as the TV show tonight, I meant every word. The costumes they wear, the wings, the colors. Everything is so imaginative, it's like looking at a fantasy-based Japanese comic. The set up was great again tonight, the music sounded good (yes, all 6 songs between bruno mars, rihanna, and bieber) and provided nice background. And the girls. The long legs and pretty faces. Smiles on their faces like they're having a blast. It's a spectacular show when all is taken into context. The last 4 or 5 years have been fantastic.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shmenguin on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:26 am

There was this iron chef Christmas episode on over the weekend. It was food network people vs Michael Simon and some cooking channel people - one of them being this "Nadia G" person. Easily the most annoying human ever put on television. Good lord...anyone else see this?
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:27 am

Finally watched the last episode of Two Broke Girls. I know they push th envelope on their comedy, but their was one line (which I thought was hilarious) but was kind of shocked it made it on network TV was at the beginning when a woman was chokingon her food, the blond girl starts asking for people for help, and she asked Oleg the cook what he does when a woman starts choking and his response was "I back up a few inches".

Can't believe that made the cut. Hilarious though.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rylan on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:21 pm

I am re-watching the entire Wings series. Such an underrated show.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eddysnake on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Sarcastic wrote:
Froggy wrote:

Is there anything more beautiful in this world than women? No. And what man doesn't like looking at beautitul women. Even if he doesn't admit it whether due to fear he'd be labeled a perv or perhaps if he has been so broken by the jealous girl in his life that he looks at his shoes whenever a pretty girl walks by. I think women can be wonderful and it is more of an admiration on my part whenever I see a girl that by sheer looks can make me feel funny. Have me stare in amazement. It's probably magic.

As far as the TV show tonight, I meant every word. The costumes they wear, the wings, the colors. Everything is so imaginative, it's like looking at a fantasy-based Japanese comic. The set up was great again tonight, the music sounded good (yes, all 6 songs between bruno mars, rihanna, and bieber) and provided nice background. And the girls. The long legs and pretty faces. Smiles on their faces like they're having a blast. It's a spectacular show when all is taken into context. The last 4 or 5 years have been fantastic.

I thought the editing was pretty poor, granted I only saw about 10 minutes, but it seems like they didn't focus on the girls walking out enough, too many quick cuts. I turned it off when Justin beiber was sitting down singing a terrible song and it was at least 30 seconds before they showed any girls walk out. That was the first time I heard anything by that kid, so I don't know much about him, but he looked like a 15 year old boy amongst beautiful women, looked really out of place.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Spangler on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:27 pm

shmenguin wrote:There was this iron chef Christmas episode on over the weekend. It was food network people vs Michael Simon and some cooking channel people - one of them being this "Nadia G" person. Easily the most annoying human ever put on television. Good lord...anyone else see this?

I just can't get into the American version of the Iron Chef. The Japanese version is just too culturally appealing for me to like anything else. Loved the voice-overs, ingredients, the chefs, the Backdraft music, and the intensity.

You would get things like a grandmaster chef spend a year in seclusion to perfect his cooking techniques so he could beat Iron Chef Sakai.

I made that one up, but I remember an episode where the challenger arrogantly claimed he made the finest rice in the world. He brought out giant containers of rice to use for the competition, and gave some to the host as a present.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby shmenguin on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:31 pm

yeah, i don't really like iron chef america either, but i watch the specials.

the chairman premise is just awful, and the "celebrity" judges are painfully awkward to watch.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:40 pm

eddysnake wrote:I thought the editing was pretty poor, granted I only saw about 10 minutes, but it seems like they didn't focus on the girls walking out enough, too many quick cuts. I turned it off when Justin beiber was sitting down singing a terrible song and it was at least 30 seconds before they showed any girls walk out. That was the first time I heard anything by that kid, so I don't know much about him, but he looked like a 15 year old boy amongst beautiful women, looked really out of place.

That was the first time I saw a musical act play an entire song without girls walking out. They must have gotten bitten by the Bieber bug, I'm afraid. I didn't feel it diminish the show at all because the girls were still the girls, however. I will agree that he seemed too young and a bit out of place.

I would tell them to increase show time to 2 hours. They jump from girl to girl probably due to the number of models and outfits, but if you've ever been to a live modeling show of any kind, you know they have a string of models walk out one after the other, so that is how it typically looks. Better, more focused, camera work would be OK.

btw, I never paid much attention to Bruno Mars but if he sounds like he did last night, I'll have to take a listen.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eddysnake on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:43 pm

Sarcastic wrote:
eddysnake wrote:I thought the editing was pretty poor, granted I only saw about 10 minutes, but it seems like they didn't focus on the girls walking out enough, too many quick cuts. I turned it off when Justin beiber was sitting down singing a terrible song and it was at least 30 seconds before they showed any girls walk out. That was the first time I heard anything by that kid, so I don't know much about him, but he looked like a 15 year old boy amongst beautiful women, looked really out of place.

That was the first time I saw a musical act play an entire song without girls walking out. They must have gotten bitten by the Bieber bug, I'm afraid. I didn't feel it diminish the show at all because the girls were still the girls, however. I will agree that he seemed too young and a bit out of place.

I would tell them to increase show time to 2 hours. They jump from girl to girl probably due to the number of models and outfits, but if you've ever been to a live modeling show of any kind, you know they have a string of models walk out one after the other, so that is how it typically looks. Better, more focused, camera work would be OK.

btw, I never paid much attention to Bruno Mars but if he sounds like he did last night, I'll have to take a listen.

saw the last minute or so of Bruno Mars, never heard of him before, but I too was intrigued. Sounded pretty cool.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shmenguin on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:50 pm

i haven't seen the VS show in years, but i know this much. the janet jackson superbowl thing totally changed how they edited that broadcast. it got much more conservative with less gratuitous camera angels.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:54 pm

Bruno Mars is solid to listen to.

The VS fashion show is a PG-13 display of all the things my ex's would never wear. Its like a poor kid's Christmas seeing all the things the other kids get to play with.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Godric on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:54 pm

I wish I could punch bruno mars in the face
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:58 pm

Rylan wrote:Bruno Mars is solid to listen to.

The VS fashion show is a PG-13 display of all the things my ex's would never wear. Its like a poor kid's Christmas seeing all the things the other kids get to play with.

Dude when they do wear that stuff... like surprise you as you walk in the door, like man... wow... unbelievable.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Sarcastic on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:12 pm

shmenguin wrote:i haven't seen the VS show in years, but i know this much. the janet jackson superbowl thing totally changed how they edited that broadcast. it got much more conservative with less gratuitous camera angels.

I like the current format. No nudity or sleaze, mosty a fantasy showcase with the great costumes, great girls, and overall mood that draws me in. Music is a big part and it always comes as a surprise to me that acts I don't normally listen to sound GOOD. I would say that focus is more on the pretty constumes than actual lingerie. They say it takes them a full year to make the designs. It's literally a show.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:14 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:
Rylan wrote:Bruno Mars is solid to listen to.

Dude when they do wear that stuff... like surprise you as you walk in the door, like man... wow... unbelievable.

Point proven. :(
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:16 pm

Clips are popping out on youtube already. Dare I say I liked the two songs Rihanna sang? That second song she did was Phresh Out The Runway. I kinda loved it. I had the bass up, loud, and it sounded terrific. I won't post links here, but both are on youtube in HD.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR