TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: TV Shows

Postby Froggy on Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:13 pm

canaan wrote:i dont care for james franco. is that bad?

i liked him in pineapple express but nothing else.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shmenguin on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:17 pm

he nailed 127 hours.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:34 am

Um.....freaks and geeks? Come on kids....give the man his due.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eddysnake on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:38 am

Homeland

Spoiler:
another intense episode. Where is this show going? My guess is the CIA goes after Brody, and he runs. Catching him will be the focus on next season. I really like the show, but I can't see it lasting without compromising the quality (which I think has happened a little this season)
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shmenguin on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:53 am

amazing race was a joke this season.

aside from the winning team being historically awful, you had a bunch of other teams who completely didn't give a **** about the race. the annoying twins were screwing around the whole time, even when they were on the brink of being eliminated. the one team, abi and ryan (divorced couple) got all butt hurt when they got eliminated, but a couple weeks before, they spent hours and hours sitting around waiting for another team to finish their task, so they could head to the pit stop together. what the hell??? most of these people forgot they were actually in a competition.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:16 pm

shmenguin wrote:amazing race was a joke this season.

aside from the winning team being historically awful, you had a bunch of other teams who completely didn't give a **** about the race. the annoying twins were screwing around the whole time, even when they were on the brink of being eliminated. the one team, abi and ryan (divorced couple) got all butt hurt when they got eliminated, but a couple weeks before, they spent hours and hours sitting around waiting for another team to finish their task, so they could head to the pit stop together. what the hell??? most of these people forgot they were actually in a competition.

I enjoyed the twins, although they could be annoying. Very little animosity between teams, which I enjoyed, but kept waiting for nastiness - which never happened. Good season overall, but I didn't think the winners earned their victory. They leached off others and hung around long enough to win a puzzle.

Season 22 starts on February 17th...
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby canaan on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:23 pm

it was a junk season...a season i wished i was on. very winnable because of the stupidity that ran limitless. the length at which they did the hello/goodbye final task was an absolute joke.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:26 pm

eddysnake wrote:Homeland

Spoiler:
another intense episode. Where is this show going? My guess is the CIA goes after Brody, and he runs. Catching him will be the focus on next season. I really like the show, but I can't see it lasting without compromising the quality (which I think has happened a little this season)

Spoiler:
Yeah, I think that is where they go - i.e. chasing Brody. Perhaps Brody ends up hooking up with Nazir's 2nd in charge and they introduce a new character.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shmenguin on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:02 pm

canaan wrote:it was a junk season...a season i wished i was on. very winnable because of the stupidity that ran limitless. the length at which they did the hello/goodbye final task was an absolute joke.

i think they gave them extra flags, which would be confusing. not 4 or 5 hours worth of confusing, but confusing.

the other thing that bothered me this season was the excessive use of the yell-at-a-lousy-cab-driver mantra, "you just cost me a million dollars". this was usually used by the biggest turd team remaining who had no chance of winning 6 or 7 more rounds even with jeff gordon driving them around.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Troy Loney on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:07 pm

I finally got back on netflix and started watching Archer from the beginning. There's too much awesomeness about that show to single any one thing out. I can't believe i'm so late on this.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rylan on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:15 pm

Lol Archer is amazing. Season 3 can be found on a website that streams it or something
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:16 am

So I started watching American Horror Story on Netflix. I'm in the middle of the first episode and WHAT IN THE FLYING **** IS WRONG WITH THIS SHOW. SO MUCH WHY.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Godric on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:56 am

Meghan Markle is so hot, its retarded
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:02 am

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Yeah, I think that is where they go - i.e. chasing Brody. Perhaps Brody ends up hooking up with Nazir's 2nd in charge and they introduce a new character.

Spoiler:
Good episode; I've really enjoyed this season quite a bit. Damian Lewis just signed a five year contract, so Brody's not going anywhere. I think that Brody and Carrie somehow get Saul out of trouble with the CIA. And stay one step ahead of Quinn.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby malkinshair on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:25 am

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
cheesesteakwithegg wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Good episode; I've really enjoyed this season quite a bit. Damian Lewis just signed a five year contract, so Brody's not going anywhere. I think that Brody and Carrie somehow get Saul out of trouble with the CIA. And stay one step ahead of Quinn.

Spoiler:
I can't get the thought out of my head that maybe Saul isn't who we think he is. I've had the thought since the 1st season, and I just can't shake it...even in the face of his loyalty and cooperation toward Carrie. I guess we'll find out pretty quick now.

It also occurred to the wife and I after watching this episode that this could've been Nazir's plan all along (to be captured and killed)...and that Brody is still in play. The only account we have of Nazir and Brody's convo (when Brody was kidnapped) came from Brody himself. Kidnapping Carrie and using her as 'motivation' for Brody could've been to cement Carrie's trust in Brody. He killed the VPOTUS, and she couldn't care less.

Writers are painting with pretty broad brushes the 'Estes is a villain' theme. This may refute my 'Saul is a terrorist sympathizer' angle.

Quinn seems to be developing a conscience when it comes to Carrie. Killing a 'terrorist' would be no problemo, but would he be willing to go thru Carrie to do it?

Can't wait for next week.
malkinshair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby meecrofilm on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:34 pm

shmenguin wrote:he nailed 127 hours.

No doubt. Performance of the year IMO.

And yeah, like others have said, Freaks and Geeks.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby canaan on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:02 pm

This take it all show with howie mandel is awful. Bad bad bad. That being said, the last round would make me commit murder if I earnestly would split the loot and somebody raw dogged me.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Lt. Dish on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:07 pm

MRandall25 wrote:Bob Loblaw is in another show?

That character's name has always made me laugh. We used to go to a Loblaw's supermarket when I was a little kid: I thought it sounded funny then and now it's even better put with "Bob."

(css)
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Location: WIN IT FOR [insert important player here]...let's keep the list short, OK?!

Postby Lt. Dish on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:10 pm

GaryRissling wrote:I think the Dewar's commercials are the scariest things on TV (you the ones with the Scottish lady drinking whiskey alone while hurling insults to imaginary people and asking if you're serious). Jesus, she scares the crap out of me.

My latest entry in the Advertising-Related Homicide thread.

"Go back to sleep, Gary, dahrlin. AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!"
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Location: WIN IT FOR [insert important player here]...let's keep the list short, OK?!

Postby Lt. Dish on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:12 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Of our days

I want Charles in charge of me.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Lt. Dish on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:13 pm

meecrofilm wrote:
shmenguin wrote:he nailed 127 hours.

No doubt. Performance of the year IMO.

And yeah, like others have said, Freaks and Geeks.

LOVED "Freaks and Geeks." The Joan Jett version of "Bad Reputation" as the theme song was icing.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby PensFanInDC on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:03 am

Fawlty Towers is one of the funniest shows of all time
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Lt. Dish on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:29 am

PensFanInDC wrote:Fawlty Towers is one of the funniest shows of all time

Anytime I'd stumble on a rerun of that show, I'd have to watch it.

Speaking of funny British programmes (as they spell it), "Absolutely Fabulous" was aptly named. I loved that show.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby DudeMan2766 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:32 am

What's that show that was set in a department store? 'Are you being served?'
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby obhave on Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:07 am

DudeMan2766 wrote:What's that show that was set in a department store? 'Are you being served?'

Yup that's right.

Keeping up Appearances, Father Ted, The IT Crowd, Black's Books. All wonderful British sitcoms.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to NHR