TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: TV Shows

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:27 am

Ehh I guess I have no taste eight. I still watch repeats of Johnny Knoxville and friends on MTV.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Alejandro Rojas on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:33 pm

I had forgotten how good the early seasons of Cheers were...
Alejandro Rojas
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MWB on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:50 pm

Loved that show.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:27 pm

Funny episode of Bobs Burgers tonight.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Lt. Dish on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:57 am

"Downton Abbey" tonight:

Spoiler:
Despite the spoilers helping U.S. fans to brace for it, the death of Sybil Branson on tonight's "Downton Abbey" was still absolutely heartwrenching. :cry:

obhave mentioned this a few months ago. The Dowager (Maggie Smith) grieving as she limped across the entry hall the morning after was some major acting. Poor Tom, crushed, is left alone with a newborn baby girl and barred from going back to Ireland. Even Thomas was sad, and he's a heartless weasel bastid.

If only Lord Grantham had listened to Dr. Clarkson instead of the toff Sir Wanker Topsoil or whatever the hell his name was!

If only Jessica Brown Findlay had not become so famous to warrant jumping to Hollywood and making them kill off her character!
Last edited by Lt. Dish on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby obhave on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:11 am

Lt. you should probably still spoiler that just in case others haven't watched it/heard of it yet! Watching that originally, without being prepared for it was just awful. :cry:
obhave
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Lt. Dish on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:12 am

obhave wrote:Lt. you should probably still spoiler that just in case others haven't watched it/heard of it yet! Watching that originally, without being prepared for it was just awful. :cry:

You're absolutely right. Thanks!
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Eismann on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:52 am

I liked the s4e2 Archer more than the season premiere.
Eismann
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Rylan on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:34 am

I agree Eismann. While I thought the premier was good, I thought episode 2 was much better. If the Bob's Burgers crossover happened when there was more of a set up that would have been fantastic.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:01 am

FreeCandy44 wrote:Funny episode of Bobs Burgers tonight.

first time that has ever been said
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eddysnake on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:44 am

Lt. Dish wrote:"Downton Abbey" tonight:

Spoiler:
Despite the spoilers helping U.S. fans to brace for it, the death of Sybil Branson on tonight's "Downton Abbey" was still absolutely heartwrenching. :cry:

obhave mentioned this a few months ago. The Dowager (Maggie Smith) grieving as she limped across the entry hall the morning after was some major acting. Poor Tom, crushed, is left alone with a newborn baby girl and barred from going back to Ireland. Even Thomas was sad, and he's a heartless weasel bastid.

If only Lord Grantham had listened to Dr. Clarkson instead of the toff Sir Wanker Topsoil or whatever the hell his name was!

If only Jessica Brown Findlay had not become so famous to warrant jumping to Hollywood and making them kill off her character!

Spoiler:
Even though I knew they wouldn't get rid of Maggie Smith yet, I really thought she was going to have a heart attack or collapse when she was walking across the hall. Although I saw it coming from the beginning of the episode, it was still a tough one to get through. IMO this is easily the best season yet, aside from Sybil dying, I found myself laughing a lot last night. The humor has been great this season.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:47 am

eddysnake wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Even though I knew they wouldn't get rid of Maggie Smith yet, I really thought she was going to have a heart attack or collapse when she was walking across the hall. Although I saw it coming from the beginning of the episode, it was still a tough one to get through. IMO this is easily the best season yet, aside from Sybil dying, I found myself laughing a lot last night. The humor has been great this season.

Spoiler:
I've seen the entire season (through the holiday special that aired Christmas Day in the UK) and it gets even better. :pop:
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby newarenanow on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:11 am

Final 30 Rock this week. I'm sad. I really loved that show.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:28 am

so that Jim and Pam fight on the office was really, really lame. spoiler alert: they're both jerks
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:31 am

shmenguin wrote:so that Jim and Pam fight on the office was really, really lame. spoiler alert: they're both jerks

Jim has been a jerk on that show since he and Pam got married like 4 years ago.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby penny lane on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:36 am

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
eddysnake wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I've seen the entire season (through the holiday special that aired Christmas Day in the UK) and it gets even better. :pop:

Spoiler:
:cry: worried about branson & the baby; will mary & matthew raise? damn male doctors who know best.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:43 am

Also, I was shocked - as was the cast - that Downton Abbey won best ensemble cast on the SAG awards last night. Tough, tough competition with Homeland, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and Boardwalk Empire.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby newarenanow on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:52 am

newarenanow wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:did anyone watch american horror story finale?

Watching that tonight. So please post spoilers if you are going to talk about it!

Finally got to watch this:

Spoiler:
I thought the ending was ok. The part with Lana and her son was great. Also the St. Jude story was good. Two things:

1) Wish they would have closed up the alien line better, but I read where the director wanted to leave that one open ended.

2) Just from the ending, my impression was that Lana was truly the evil one. There were two things that stuck out to me, right before she pulls the trigger to kill her boy, she says something like "I have no issues killing" or something like that and then blows his head off. And then in the flashback at the very end, St. Jude says to her that when "evil stares you in the face, expect evil to stare back" and Lana says something like "I know". Thoughts?
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:57 am

Hockeynut! wrote:
eddysnake wrote:
Hockeynut! wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:did anyone watch american horror story finale?

I did. Surprised no one else is talking about it. I found it a little anti-climactic, just like the season 1 finale. They seem to start out great and then run out of steam/ideas.

could you please spoil it for me?

Seriously? I'll be glad to write a quick recap, but don't want to ruin it if you're joking. ;)

recap would be great, I watched 3 or 4 episodes, but don't think I'll find time to finish it up.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Hockeynut! on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:08 am

eddysnake wrote:
recap would be great, I watched 3 or 4 episodes, but don't think I'll find time to finish it up.

American Horror Story Asylum finale spoiler

Spoiler:
A lot of this might not make sense if you didn't see most of the season, but the big moments in the finale were:

Out of the asylum, investigative journalist Lana is now old and apparently became a Barbara Walters/Diane Sawyer type of reporter. She is giving an interview talking about her life post asylum and her son, Bloodyface Jr. is on the film crew (but no one knows who he is).

In flashbacks, we see: Lana breaks the story of the corruption/torture/etc. at the asylum. The priest, now a Cardinal, commits suicide.

Kit takes the head nurse (Jessica Lange, can't think of her character name) out of the asylum and cares for her until she dies from lung cancer or something like it.

Kit gets old and is dying but the aliens take him.

Lana admits that she didn't abort Bloodyface's baby and sort of regrets lying about it. Bloodyface Jr. seems touched.

At the end of the interview, everyone leaves but Bloodyface Jr. stays behind to confront his mom. She knows he's there and knew all along who he was. They have a heart to heart and at the very end, she shoots and kills him.

There's a flashback to Lange telling Lana that when you look into the face of evil, evil looks into you. Very Nietzsche-esque.

The end
Hockeynut!
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby penny lane on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:29 am

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Also, I was shocked - as was the cast - that Downton Abbey won best ensemble cast on the SAG awards last night. Tough, tough competition with Homeland, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and Boardwalk Empire.

I saw 1 photo on FB. Mrs Hughes looked lovely in her royal blue. :thumb: good for them. I can watch the repeats and still enjoy.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby obhave on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:47 am

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
The Christmas special - I hated that new maid and what she was doing to Tom. But they definitely set up some good story lines for next season.
obhave
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:26 pm

Don't read this unless you've seen the entire season.
obhave wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
The Christmas special - I hated that new maid and what she was doing to Tom. But they definitely set up some good story lines for next season.

Spoiler:
Yeah, me too. Quite an understatement with "good story lines for next season!!!" :wink: :lol:
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby MWB on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:38 pm

Anyone else going to watch "The Americans"? Seems intriguing... think its starts on Wednesday on FX.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Rylan on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:54 pm

MWB wrote:Anyone else going to watch "The Americans"? Seems intriguing... think its starts on Wednesday on FX.

I'm going to wait for people's opinions before I attempt it myself.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR