TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: TV Shows

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:45 am

I do not understand why Jason Segel is in that show. The rest of those are TV actors, but he is good enough to at least be a lead in Comedy movies.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:49 am

Idoit40fans wrote:I do not understand why Jason Segel is in that show. The rest of those are TV actors, but he is good enough to at least be a lead in Comedy movies.

money?

as of 2010, the main cast members make 90-120,000 per episode.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:50 am

Thats why I can't believe he hasn't left it and started pumping out a couple of crappy comedies each year.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby meecrofilm on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:24 am

He's wanted to leave for the past couple years, but I think he can't due to contractual obligations. I know recently he wasn't able to write the Muppets sequel because he didn't have the time due to the show, which he wasn't happy about.

And when he started he wasn't really starring in any movies.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:27 am

Ok, that makes perfect sense then. He is definitely better than that show.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:57 am

The Office was OK last night. But this whole Jim and Pam thing is getting old IMO. And Andy is just a ***** anymore. I dont' like the character too much.

The guy that Pam was interviewing with that was pretty much Michael Scott was good.

Also, Modern Family had a few lackluster episodes recently.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby relantel on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:05 pm

oh my. Caught up to 8th episode of 2nd season of Walking Dead last night.

... and taped the first two eps of season 1 that they aired in Black & White last night.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eddysnake on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:33 am

relantel wrote:oh my. Caught up to 8th episode of 2nd season of Walking Dead last night.

... and taped the first two eps of season 1 that they aired in Black & White last night.

I just finished ep 9 of 2nd season last night. What a great show. Does anyone know if they have season 3 on demand or anything like that? I've been watching a couple at a time over the months, have they ever explained how much time passed or the origin for the zombie breakout or do we continue to find that out in season 3? Maybe I missed it, but it seems kinda strange to have the world completely changed like that in the time he was out in the hospital?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby canaan on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:45 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed the pilot for zero hour
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby largegarlic on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:09 pm

eddysnake wrote:
relantel wrote:oh my. Caught up to 8th episode of 2nd season of Walking Dead last night.

I just finished ep 9 of 2nd season last night. What a great show. Does anyone know if they have season 3 on demand or anything like that? I've been watching a couple at a time over the months, have they ever explained how much time passed or the origin for the zombie breakout or do we continue to find that out in season 3? Maybe I missed it, but it seems kinda strange to have the world completely changed like that in the time he was out in the hospital?

I watched the first two seasons of Walking Dead on Netflix in the past couple months and then bought the first half of season three on iTunes to get up to speed for the new episodes now airing.
largegarlic
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:28 am

When did iron chef jump the shark
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:41 pm

Watched the premiere of The Americans... what an awesome, stylish show. Love it

Watched the first two episodes of The Following...a bit goofy but the intensity of the show is keeping me interested. Can see myself losing interest quickly
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:04 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:Watched the premiere of The Americans... what an awesome, stylish show. Love it

I watched the 1st 2 last night, enjoyed it quite a bit. I really like the song choice in the first episode, "tusk" worked out great with the intro.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:51 pm

Best show of the 90s.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Lt. Dish on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:37 am

"Downton Abbey" viewers on this side of the pond...

Spoiler:
...who are just getting up after Lady Sybil's tragic young death, are smacked down in mourning again upon the tragic passing of Matthew Crawley. :cry:

The show's becoming a victim of its own success with the actors who play Lady Sybil and Matthew off to bigger and better things. At least Maggie Smith will be back for season 4.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby eddysnake on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:19 am

Lt. Dish wrote:"Downton Abbey" viewers on this side of the pond...

Spoiler:
...who are just getting up after Lady Sybil's tragic young death, are smacked down in mourning again upon the tragic passing of Matthew Crawley. :cry:

The show's becoming a victim of its own success with the actors who play Lady Sybil and Matthew off to bigger and better things. At least Maggie Smith will be back for season 4.

Spoiler:
Is that why the characters were killed off? I have to say, the season started off much stronger than it ended. Killing off Matthew didn't seem to fit, it felt way too forced and last minute like they have to do something. I was pretty let down by the last 2 episodes.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:45 am

what is downtown abbey about?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:46 am

Downton Abbey (my wife watches it), is a historical drama set in 1920s England (I think?). I'll sometimes be playing Xbox while she watches it, and it seems like people die all the time and it's pretty depressing. Popular show though.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:47 am

Sounds pretty horrible.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:56 am

shafnutz05 wrote:Downton Abbey (my wife watches it), is a historical drama set in 1920s England (I think?). I'll sometimes be playing Xbox while she watches it, and it seems like people die all the time and it's pretty depressing. Popular show though.

people really don't die all the time, it's a period drama that starts before WW1 in England and follows the every day lives of Lord Crawley and his family but also showing the servants downstairs and how they live. It's very interesting and well done.

Lord Crawley sees his family heritage, especially the grand country home Downton Abbey, as his mission in life. The death of his heir aboard the Titanic means distant cousin Matthew Crawley, a Manchester lawyer, suddenly is next in line and accepts moving onto the vast estate with his even more modernist, socially engaged mother, who clashes with his lordship's domineering, conservative ma the dowager. Marrying off the daughters is another concern. Meanwile the butler presides over a staff which serves the family but also lead most of their entire lives in the servants quarters, intriguing amongst themselves.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby the wicked child on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:20 pm

Wow. Bar Rescue had one of the worst bars I've ever seen... and a complete fool of an owner. That place has no shot, despite Taffer's best efforts.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:28 pm

the wicked child wrote:Wow. Bar Rescue had one of the worst bars I've ever seen... and a complete fool of an owner. That place has no shot, despite Taffer's best efforts.

damnit i really wanted to watch this.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:43 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:Best show of the 90s.

My friend and I were just talking about that yesterday. We were at the bar watching the Pens game and he mentioned something Michael Ian Black said on twitter. So I brought up the state. These guys sitting at a table behind us heard and joined in and things got awesome. So many great sketches.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby FreeCandy44 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:07 pm

Unfortunately my ex wife has my copy of Mtvs The State complete series. I guess ill have to buy it. But yeah incredible show, I love when slash was on the loose in the house.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:24 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:Unfortunately my ex wife has my copy of Mtvs The State complete series. I guess ill have to buy it. But yeah incredible show, I love when slash was on the loose in the house.

One that stands out to me wasnt even a sketch. They showed a clip from a sketch called "Drag Dad" and said it costs $4,000 to produce and was never aired because it sucked. He said, so we figured if we're gonna spend $4,000 on something that sucks, we may as well have fun doing it." And it was just video of them getting hammered at the beach with Green Day's Basketcase playing over it. I dont know why but it was hilarious.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

PreviousNext

Return to NHR