TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: TV Shows

Postby the wicked child on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:33 pm

One of the true great moments in TV history.
Spoiler:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby obhave on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:35 pm

eddysnake wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:"Downton Abbey" viewers on this side of the pond...

Spoiler:
...who are just getting up after Lady Sybil's tragic young death, are smacked down in mourning again upon the tragic passing of Matthew Crawley. :cry:

The show's becoming a victim of its own success with the actors who play Lady Sybil and Matthew off to bigger and better things. At least Maggie Smith will be back for season 4.

Spoiler:
Is that why the characters were killed off? I have to say, the season started off much stronger than it ended. Killing off Matthew didn't seem to fit, it felt way too forced and last minute like they have to do something. I was pretty let down by the last 2 episodes.

Spoiler:
That is exactly why they did it. They found out that he wasn't going to return for season 4 and decided the only way to deal with the character was to kill him. They did not have enough episodes to make him estranged from Mary and his baby, so they killed him during his happiest moment. It is just sad that both characters died right after the births of their children.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DudeMan2766 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:38 pm

Awwww yeeeeeaahhh

DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby FreeCandy44 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:42 pm

Call me old fashioned....

FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:45 pm

Oh man. What a show that was....
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:49 pm

Waiter...

FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:51 pm

Brief but awesome
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:54 pm

The kid who had bologna sandwiches for feet may have been my favorite. He was on the soccer team. The coach: "Yeah sure kids do tease him sometimes. They'll call him sandwich feet, oooorrrr bologna for feet, ooorrrr p*nis face."
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby FreeCandy44 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Blueberry Johnson...... ;)

I loved when Louie played the role of Doug in one skit.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:50 am

I would hate Parks and Rec, but since Ron Swanson is in it, its amazing.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:17 am

obhave wrote:
eddysnake wrote:

Spoiler:
...who are just getting up after Lady Sybil's tragic young death, are smacked down in mourning again upon the tragic passing of Matthew Crawley. :cry:

The show's becoming a victim of its own success with the actors who play Lady Sybil and Matthew off to bigger and better things. At least Maggie Smith will be back for season 4.

Spoiler:
Is that why the characters were killed off? I have to say, the season started off much stronger than it ended. Killing off Matthew didn't seem to fit, it felt way too forced and last minute like they have to do something. I was pretty let down by the last 2 episodes.

Spoiler:
That is exactly why they did it. They found out that he wasn't going to return for season 4 and decided the only way to deal with the character was to kill him. They did not have enough episodes to make him estranged from Mary and his baby, so they killed him during his happiest moment. It is just sad that both characters died right after the births of their children.

Spoiler:
They could've sent him to India to find the guy who's supposed to inherit the money. But seriously, they can't have the Crawleys actually be happy for a few episodes. :lol:
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby newarenanow on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:19 am

HIMYM was decent last night. I found myself laughing a few times.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:24 am

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
obhave wrote:
eddysnake wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
They could've sent him to India to find the guy who's supposed to inherit the money. But seriously, they can't have the Crawleys actually be happy for a few episodes. :lol:

Spoiler:
being the central character to the whole story, I really wouldn't have minded if they recast an actor to play his character. I managed to avoid spoilers the entire time, but when they showed him driving home from the hospital, you knew he was dead.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Nuge on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:25 am

newarenanow wrote:HIMYM was decent last night. I found myself laughing a few times.

I thought it was awful again. I don't know why they renewed it for another season.
Nuge
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby canaan on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:40 am

Nuge wrote:
I thought it was awful again. I don't know why they renewed it for another season.

i never would've imagined you to be a HIMYM watcher. i mean, nan watching it i get because he is old and whipped, but you have your youth and freedom.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:01 am

finished up season 2 of walking dead, it's going to be real tough waiting for season 3. Why can't you catchup with on demand? They only show prior episodes? I saw they have episodes on the site project free tv, but I have no idea what that is? Any suggestions?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby JeffDFD on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:05 am

eddysnake wrote:finished up season 2 of walking dead, it's going to be real tough waiting for season 3. Why can't you catchup with on demand? They only show prior episodes? I saw they have episodes on the site project free tv, but I have no idea what that is? Any suggestions?

Project Free TV obviously isn't a legal site, but it is a whole bunch of streams and you will get a lot of pop ups and other ads. If you can figure out how to navigate around the ads and get a reliable stream to play...and it is fast enough to not annoy you (let it buffer) - it can be used.

*disclaimer*

But should not ever be used because it is illegal
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby eddysnake on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:33 am

thanks, I'll probably just wait until it reairs or comes to netflix in good quality, Not sure I want to pay $2 per ep to catch up on amazon or itunes.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby pittsoccer33 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:24 pm

http://www.avclub.com/articles/ducktale ... -qu,92324/

This is a really interesting article about the cultural significance of Duck Tales
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby newarenanow on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:36 pm

eddysnake wrote:thanks, I'll probably just wait until it reairs or comes to netflix in good quality, Not sure I want to pay $2 per ep to catch up on amazon or itunes.

If you want, we can all meet up in a field in Cranberry or something and reenact season 3 for you.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:58 pm

newarenanow wrote:
eddysnake wrote:thanks, I'll probably just wait until it reairs or comes to netflix in good quality, Not sure I want to pay $2 per ep to catch up on amazon or itunes.

If you want, we can all meet up in a field in Cranberry or something and reenact season 3 for you.

just give me a time and place. might want to do a kickstarter for this
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Nuge on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:56 pm

canaan wrote:
Nuge wrote:

i never would've imagined you to be a HIMYM watcher. i mean, nan watching it i get because he is old and whipped, but you have your youth and freedom.

Eh, I think about 3 years ago I saw Jason Segel on tv and was intrigued. At this point it's more of a "it's Monday night, I might as well turn it on."
Nuge
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:59 pm

I've watched some of it, but not even I am self loathing enough to keep watching it.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Loaf31 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:07 pm

Started watching Rescue Me on Netflix. Wow, I am in the 3rd season.. It's a roller coaster
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Lt. Dish on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:10 pm

eddysnake wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
obhave wrote:
eddysnake wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
being the central character to the whole story, I really wouldn't have minded if they recast an actor to play his character. I managed to avoid spoilers the entire time, but when they showed him driving home from the hospital, you knew he was dead.

Spoiler:
I agree. I'd have been fine with another actor, also.

Like obhave said, it's such a shame that both little babies have a beloved parent taken from them on their birthdays!

I still love "Downton," but I'm beginning to think that Julian Fellowes has a narrow vision; he said in an interview (I think in the Telegraph) that killing off Matthew was the only option. I think that would have been one of the last options I'd settle on since you just had Sybil's tragic death. I get that he can't all of a sudden make Matthew and Mary fall out of love, but couldn't he have Matthew join the diplomatic corps or something and be referred to in letters for a few episodes and then die from malaria or something like that? They show his casket being brought to the estate, give Michelle Dockery the scene of her career (thus far), and then move on. The closed box provides closure for the fans.

So, now "Downton" is going to have a new love interest for Mary. I think that will be less believable than her character having a nervous breakdown, ending up in the same facility as Michael Gregson's wife, and Branson raising both kids as his own.

I'll watch anyway!
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to NHR