TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: TV Shows

Postby FreeCandy44 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:47 pm

canaan wrote:
Nuge wrote:
I thought it was awful again. I don't know why they renewed it for another season.

i never would've imagined you to be a HIMYM watcher. i mean, nan watching it i get because he is old and whipped, but you have your youth and freedom.

Love this show and 2 broke girls.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JeffDFD on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:49 pm

Anyone watching the Jeselnik Offensive? I have already laughed a couple times so it is already waaaaaaaaaaay better then the Kroll Show and Key & Peele.

Pittsburgh represent!
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Rylan on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:13 am

Jeselnik never impressed me as a comedian. Amy Shular even less. But Aziz has had me rolling so I may give the show a chance just cause of him.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:32 am

JeffDFD wrote:Anyone watching the Jeselnik Offensive? I have already laughed a couple times so it is already waaaaaaaaaaay better then the Kroll Show and Key & Peele.

Pittsburgh represent!

I concur
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JeffDFD on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:57 am

Who knows...maybe I was in the right mood because I am tired and had a long day at work...but I laughed pretty good at Jeselnik Offensive.

Some of the stupid and random stuff just hit me right. I am not sure how fresh they can keep it...for instance...

Spoiler:
Latino Voices - I know it was stupid but I suppose I was in the right mood to laugh at it. If they tried that same segment again...it wouldn't really work as well if at all.

It will be interesting to see how they handle that type of stuff moving forward. How much they re-use and how much is different all the time
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:44 am

looks like The Americans' ratings spiked significantly with the DVR returns....hoping it maintains a strong showing. Nothing is more irritating than when quality, compelling shows get canceled because Americans are too stupid to keep up with the plot, and would rather watch mindless tripe on TLC or something similar.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:34 am

shafnutz05 wrote:looks like The Americans' ratings spiked significantly with the DVR returns....hoping it maintains a strong showing. Nothing is more irritating than when quality, compelling shows get canceled because Americans are too stupid to keep up with the plot, and would rather watch mindless tripe on TLC or something similar.

RE: Rubicon. :(
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby relantel on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:50 pm

Maybe I can start to read the season 3 Walking Dead thread. We finally finished the marathons from the other weekend, such that the two new epsiodes from the last two Sundays are the only ones left.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby meecrofilm on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:53 pm

JeffDFD wrote:Anyone watching the Jeselnik Offensive? I have already laughed a couple times so it is already waaaaaaaaaaay better then the Kroll Show and Key & Peele.

Pittsburgh represent!

Key and Peele have had some great sketches.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby legame on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:03 am

So, The Americans tonight... thoughts?
legame
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MWB on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:18 am

legame wrote:So, The Americans tonight... thoughts?

Spoiler:
Another solid episode. I'm curious to see where they go with the FBI guy and his wife and how that fits in with the bigger arc. I'm not sure how accurate the USSR reaction to the assassination attempt was, but it was interesting to see.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby blackjack68 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:47 am

Been crankin away through the first 6 seasons of Dexter. Just finished season 6 last night. I know many hated Seasons 5 & 6 but I like how especially in Season 6 there was some good subtle (usually dark) humor in just about every episode.

And,
Spoiler:
Holy crap! Deb loves him and then walks in on him killing mini-Tom Hanks!

Starting Season 7 this weekend and then I'll be caught up.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:50 am

I got through a couple of episodes of that show...Dexter seems so whiny in the ones i've watched. Completely turned me off the show.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby legame on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:36 pm

MWB wrote:

Spoiler:
Another solid episode. I'm curious to see where they go with the FBI guy and his wife and how that fits in with the bigger arc. I'm not sure how accurate the USSR reaction to the assassination attempt was, but it was interesting to see.

Spoiler:
I'm curious about that as well. I could see him somehow cheating on his wife with Elizabeth or the KGB informant or just completely losing it and going rogue as his family life crumbles before discovering the Jennings.

I'm a bit worried about how they plan on keeping the suspense going as they're pretty hemmed in by the historical context of the show. We all know what eventually happens, so what turns will they take with it?
legame
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pfim on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:41 pm

legame wrote:
MWB wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I'm curious about that as well. I could see him somehow cheating on his wife with Elizabeth or the KGB informant or just completely losing it and going rogue as his family life crumbles before discovering the Jennings.

I'm a bit worried about how they plan on keeping the suspense going as they're pretty hemmed in by the historical context of the show. We all know what eventually happens, so what turns will they take with it?

Spoiler:
I thought they set it up so that he would start a relationship with his KGB contact.

It is a show where I question where it will go and how the story would develop. I think the FBI guy moving into the neighborhood happened way too soon, there needed to be some build up to that.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MWB on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:38 pm

pfim wrote:
legame wrote:
MWB wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I thought they set it up so that he would start a relationship with his KGB contact.

It is a show where I question where it will go and how the story would develop. I think the FBI guy moving into the neighborhood happened way too soon, there needed to be some build up to that.

Spoiler:
Agree that it's going to be difficult for this show to last long given the subject. I think they could easily last a solid season with the FBI and Jennings tension. I wonder if at some point there would be a defection, which would probably last another season.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby FreeCandy44 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:00 pm

meecrofilm wrote:

Pittsburgh represent!

Key and Peele have had some great sketches.

How did you type that with a straight face? ;)
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby legame on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:37 pm

The only Key and Peele skit I've ever even cracked a smile for is:

... and that's only because I taught inner city kids for years with the most ridiculous names you'll ever hear.
legame
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby meecrofilm on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:42 pm

^^ Well if that's the case, I don't know how you couldn't like this one:

meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Rylan on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:31 pm

A lot of character building this season of Archer.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Cagsjr724 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:46 pm

legame wrote:The only Key and Peele skit I've ever even cracked a smile for is:

... and that's only because I taught inner city kids for years with the most ridiculous names you'll ever hear.

Haha we have a new guy a work who's name is Aaron and he has no idea why we call him A-Aron.
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby eddysnake on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:24 am

legame wrote:The only Key and Peele skit I've ever even cracked a smile for is:

my aunt does the same. L-a (eldasha) and j' (japostrophe) were 2 of my favorites from her class.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:29 am

j' might be the greatest thing i've ever seen. I've seen L-a before and thats just stupid. The difference being that dasha is an actual name, apostrophe is not...thus its hilarious.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:39 am

Anyone else watching The Following? That's a tough show to watch. Very violent and, as a parent, has been hard to get through. I think that's the reason why it's such a good show. It brings out lots of emotions.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:46 am

My wife and I have watched the first two episodes. I heard it gets really lousy, but we really enjoyed the first two so I want to keep watching. I'm afraid it's a candidate for early cancellation, which would suck because I like Kevin Bacon
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR