TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: TV Shows

Postby eddysnake on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:42 am

Arrested Development returns May 26 (all 15 episodes). Sounds like the seasons episodes will be different point of views from different characters so you can watch the episodes in any order and get a different perspective for the season.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby blackjack68 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:43 am

eddysnake wrote:Hannibal starts tonight. I really had no interest, but reviews make it tempting. didn't realize its from the guy who wrote Pushing Daises and Dead Like Me.

I'm intrigued and will likely record the first episode.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby PensHckyFan79 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:30 pm

PensFanInDC wrote:Anyone watch Duck Dynasty? We watched the first few episodes the other night. Consider me one of the hooked. I think it's hilarious.

I have been watching since mid way through the first season I think I have caught them all now, but I love this show. I just cant get a grip I laugh the entire time. Si is by far the best, just a walking catch phrase machine (hard to imagine he is married and had kids). The other side that make that show great is finding out the story behind it like how the old dude Phil was the #1 QB starting in front of Terry Bradshaw in college and gave it up to follow his passion of hunting and making Duck calls.

Other news. Did anyone watch the new show living with your parents for the rest of your life? (has the female dr from Scrubs, and Rob, Rays brother, for Everybody Loves Raymond) Was it any good, my wife DVRed it and wants to watch it.
PensHckyFan79
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:53 pm

I am about to watch the final episode of this season's Justified and it has been an excellent one. You can read plans for season 5 on wiki:

spoilers so don't click if you don't want to know!!!

Spoiler:
- Wynn Duffy as a primary antagonist
- Boyd's quest to get Ava out of jail
- Potential demise of Lee Paxton for trying to subjugate Boyd. Paxton said in season three that Crowders have always done his bidding, but Boyd took away any leverage Paxton had by getting Detroit crime boss Tonin to take away Paxton's legal connections.
- Raylan's baby - season 5 or season 6
- Boyd and Raylan return to their roots? End of season 4 shots showed Boyd returning to the house he wanted to buy with Ava and Raylan going back to the house he grew up in. Boyd was taking one last look at the path he thought would lead him away from his roots, while Raylan returned to his.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:57 pm

Has anyone watched Psych or Suits or White Collar recently? I haven't been able to watch much TV the last few months, so I am behind on a lot of my shows, like those or Lost Girl and Being Human (excellent syfy shows).
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:24 pm

eddysnake wrote:Arrested Development returns May 26 (all 15 episodes). Sounds like the seasons episodes will be different point of views from different characters so you can watch the episodes in any order and get a different perspective for the season.

Wish I could see them. But alas, no Netflix.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby nocera on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:39 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:
eddysnake wrote:Arrested Development returns May 26 (all 15 episodes). Sounds like the seasons episodes will be different point of views from different characters so you can watch the episodes in any order and get a different perspective for the season.

Wish I could see them. But alas, no Netflix.

Just pay for it for one month and knock them out. Totally worth the 7 bucks.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MWB on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:15 pm

PensFanInDC wrote:Anyone watch Duck Dynasty? We watched the first few episodes the other night. Consider me one of the hooked. I think it's hilarious.

Started about a month ago. Hooked.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MWB on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:16 pm

Mad Men Sunday.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MWB on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:22 pm

PensHckyFan79 wrote:

I have been watching since mid way through the first season I think I have caught them all now, but I love this show. I just cant get a grip I laugh the entire time. Si is by far the best, just a walking catch phrase machine (hard to imagine he is married and had kids). The other side that make that show great is finding out the story behind it like how the old dude Phil was the #1 QB starting in front of Terry Bradshaw in college and gave it up to follow his passion of hunting and making Duck calls.

When I first heard Phil say that, I thought he was joking. Then I looked it up. Also found out he has a Masters in Education.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Gaucho on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:31 pm

MWB wrote:Mad Men Sunday.

Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:50 pm

the office was steller tonight. it was the first any of the characters saw the documentary footage. 5 episodes left and theyre building to a strong finish.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Rylan on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:12 am

Why did Jericho have to end/turn to ****? Such a fantastic premise, ruined. :(
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Admin on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:30 am

pittsoccer33 wrote:the office was steller tonight. it was the first any of the characters saw the documentary footage. 5 episodes left and theyre building to a strong finish.

One of the best episodes in a long time. :thumb:
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:33 am

I'm sure I'm late to the party on this one but I just went through all three seasons of Gavin and Stacey on Amazon Prime. Has anyone else watched this?
Admin
Site Admin

Postby relantel on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:05 am

Rylan wrote:Why did Jericho have to end/turn to ****? Such a fantastic premise, ruined. :(

Writers' strike.

Was supposed to have been cancelled after first season. Fan demand brought it back. Then writers' strike. CBS then gave them only 7 eps to finish up, so they crammed as season or more into 7 eps.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:18 am

Justified finale was underwhelming. Great season overall, but a bit of a letdown for some reason. Still one of the best written series on TV, imo.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby relantel on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:55 pm

I've been intrigued by Hulu's advertising of "Line of Duty", which has Lennie James in it. Apparently they have US rights to what is a BBC show.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:09 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Justified finale was underwhelming. Great season overall, but a bit of a letdown for some reason. Still one of the best written series on TV, imo.

Really wish this show would go on Netflix. Been wanting to check it out.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:13 pm

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Justified finale was underwhelming. Great season overall, but a bit of a letdown for some reason. Still one of the best written series on TV, imo.

Really wish this show would go on Netflix. Been wanting to check it out.

It is on Amazon Prime, which offers a free trial month.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby JeffDFD on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:45 pm

I don't recall if we talked about it here, but I love the show "Tanked." I have a small aquarium and the crazy aquariums these guys build are crazy. If I had a ton of money, I would totally get a huge tank with the rays, lionfish, shark, tons of other crazy colored fish.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:10 pm

JeffDFD wrote:I don't recall if we talked about it here, but I love the show "Tanked." I have a small aquarium and the crazy aquariums these guys build are crazy. If I had a ton of money, I would totally get a huge tank with the rays, lionfish, shark, tons of other crazy colored fish.

Seriously, I just want a salt water tank with two clownfish in it.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby JeffDFD on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:59 pm

There is a marathon on right now. They just put a tank in a themed hotel room where you can view the tank from the main room and the shower on the other side (complete with privacy glass that can be turned on and off). The other tank was a large lava lamp (for Spencer's) with a bunch of Jelly Fish and changing lights.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby JeffDFD on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:01 am

Now they are repeating one I saw earlier where they do 2 pretty good tanks...if anyone wants to tune in. A two tiered waterfall tank with lionfish and a slot machine/wedding chapel tank in vegas.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Sarcastic on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:54 am

I just watched it. I liked it, even if it wasn't so action packed. I understand Boyd is going to be really bad next season since he's gotta be all pissed off now and that guy that screwed him over... he's great in his role and Boyd will be out to get him. Loved the thing with Rylan. I am really really waiting for next season now.......
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR