TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: TV Shows

Postby FreeCandy44 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:00 am

Next was quality viewing though. Here's heather..she 19, works in the mall, and hates purple gift wrap! The random facts were always the best.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:31 am

Checked out Graceland last night. Not bad. Definitely has potential. A lot of shows like that can be very 'episodic' for the first 8-10 episodes before revealing a continued storyline. This one did not. Some bad acting but it's a USA original and they usually don't have the cream of the crop banging down their door to star in one of their shows. Decent action. I'd recommend checking it out if you like Burn Notice or Hawaii 5-0
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby relantel on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:26 pm

PensFanInDC wrote:Checked out Graceland last night. Not bad. Definitely has potential. A lot of shows like that can be very 'episodic' for the first 8-10 episodes before revealing a continued storyline. This one did not. Some bad acting but it's a USA original and they usually don't have the cream of the crop banging down their door to star in one of their shows. Decent action. I'd recommend checking it out if you like Burn Notice or Hawaii 5-0

Surprised the reair last night was on Cloo, 308. Guess NBC owns that too? Never realized that before. I caught it from about 20 minutes in to the end (90 mins). Good enough to watch a 2nd week.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: PM me your email addy for invite to LGP Extra Attacker league

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:29 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:Next was quality viewing though. Here's heather..she 19, works in the mall, and hates purple gift wrap! The random facts were always the best.

Loved Next. I think I watched the show right before or after it too, but its possible that they just aired 2 episodes of Next each day.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:22 pm

Trash TV is good for mindless entertainment sometimes.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby relantel on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:33 am

watched last night's 100th episode of Burn Notice despite not having watched the season premiere yet. Was a very well done episode.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: PM me your email addy for invite to LGP Extra Attacker league

Postby largegarlic on Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:59 pm

So I had hip surgery a week ago and have been more or less bedridden. I'm taking the opportunity to watch some shows that I'd been meaning to watch.

1.) I have one episode left in the first season of The Americans. It's really good. My only complaint is that the overall strategy of the Soviets is a bit confusing/non-existent (but maybe that's intentional). It sometimes seems like it's one spy caper of the week after another without any larger coherence between the missions they carry out.

2.) I'm half way through the first season of Fringe. I think I might be about to bail on this one. I didn't watch this when it first started because I thought it looked like a cheesy X-Files knock-off. Then, it seemed like it got pretty good reviews, especially for the later seasons, and I decided to check it out (it's streaming on Netflix which is a plus too). However, at this point, I feel like my initial assessment was correct. It certainly has better special effects than the X-Files, but the characters aren't as compelling, the acting is worse, the dialogue is worse, and it doesn't seem to have the profundity that the X-Files at least occasionally achieved. Is there a good reason to stick with this?

3.) I watched the first two seasons of The Wire last summer and am now watching the third season. It's great, obviously, but given recent political revelations, I find some of the intricate maneuvering to justify maintaining wire taps a bit quaint.
largegarlic
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:45 pm

The first season of Fringe is probably the worst.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:45 pm

Just finished Season 5 of The Mentalist. Very good. :thumb:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Hockeynut! on Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:03 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:The first season of Fringe is probably the worst.

:? I actually thought it was the best. I totally lost interest around season 3.
Hockeynut!
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby PensFanInDC on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:16 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:The first season of Fringe is probably the worst.

Yep. Stay the course and you will be rewarded.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:56 pm

Checked my DVR and saw new episodes of zero hour on there...ABC is a bunch of morons
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:51 am

Did True Blood come back last night? Has everyone bailed on it? It lost me partway through last season, but I think it came back last night.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:22 am

yeah, it was on last night...the show borderline sucks.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:25 am

I think it jumped the border, by speeding through tunnels in plastic 2 door cars.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Froggy on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:04 am

I keep giving True Blood one more week to wow me. Maybe I'll wise up one of these days.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Getting To My Game on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:01 am

Did anyone watch the final season of "The Office"? I gave up on it mid-way through season 8 because it had become unwatchable, just wondering if they picked it up for the last season.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby newarenanow on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:06 am

Idoit40fans wrote:Did True Blood come back last night? Has everyone bailed on it? It lost me partway through last season, but I think it came back last night.

I game back. I stopped watching after season 3. I was thinking of catching up one day, but it seems like the show has gone downhill.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:07 am

Getting To My Game wrote:Did anyone watch the final season of "The Office"? I gave up on it mid-way through season 8 because it had become unwatchable, just wondering if they picked it up for the last season.

the last season was better than the 2nd to last season, but was probably worse than every other season.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:07 am

Getting To My Game wrote:Did anyone watch the final season of "The Office"? I gave up on it mid-way through season 8 because it had become unwatchable, just wondering if they picked it up for the last season.

It was definitely better than season 8, and the last 10 or so episodes were pretty good. Finale was fantastic IMO.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Dickie Dunn on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:17 am

newarenanow wrote:

It was definitely better than season 8, and the last 10 or so episodes were pretty good. Finale was fantastic IMO.

I was forced to quit watching before the season finale for season six and had not seen a new episode until the series finale and also thought it was fantastic.

Spoiler:
The Michael cameo was perfect. He was there, but wasn't an overbearing focal point. The absence of his antics made it appear that the character had finally grown up.
Dickie Dunn
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pens9192 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:10 pm

The final season was ok, better than Season 8 though. I think the last five or so episodes of Season 9 were pretty good, but fail in comparison to the first seven seasons. There really isn't an episode I didn't like in Season 1-7. I've been rewatching the seasons and when you start Season 8 you just feel a void after Michael leaves and it just feels like blah. Steve Carrell gave such a fantastic performance as Michael, he kind of made most of the series IMO. Its a shame he didn't win more awards.
pens9192
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby FreeCandy44 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:40 pm

Wilfred is on tonight. Its the best show on TV that nobody seems to be watching.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:05 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:Wilfred is on tonight. Its the best show on TV that nobody seems to be watching.

Scrubs
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby FreeCandy44 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:50 pm

So....they announced tonight during Wilfred (great episodes tonight btw) that Its Only Sunny in Philadelphia is moving to FXX. Im guessing since I only have basic I wont have this channel.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR