TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: TV Shows

Postby eddysnake on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:53 am

PensFanInDC wrote:I am rather enjoying Under The Dome....

or are you just intrigued by the idea of finding out what the hell the dome is? I want to know too, but everything else is done so poorly that I find it hard to believe that one can "enjoy" getting to that answer. Now that I think about it, I guess I'm enjoying how bad it is, but that's about it. Jr takes it for me as the funniest, his expressions (even during sex) are always the same, such poor writing.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:57 am

I guess Im so intruiged that Im not even noticing how bad the rest of it is. It's not groundbreaking TV by any means. It entertains me for an hour and I really want to know WTF is going on. It's helping me get my LOST fix and for 13 episodes I can handle bad acting.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby relantel on Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:14 am

last night first night back from the beach... watched 3 backlogged deadliest catch eps and the Falling Skies ep from 6-23. (and saw the first 30 minutes I had missed of the Graceland pilot).

Saw a promo that Unforgettable, which I had assumed had been cancelled (been over a year since the last episode aired - May 2012) is due back on CBS at the end of July (28th maybe?)

Re: under the dome - is Spielberg involved with that or just his company (Amblin)?
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: PM me your email addy for invite to LGP Extra Attacker league

Postby GSdrums87 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:14 am

Almost done with season 3 of Breaking Bad...
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pitt87 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:15 am

Anyone keeping up with Whodunnit? Pretty good so far, but one thing I am confused about... does the killer KNOW they are the killer, thereby making them a plant, or will the 'killer' essentially be just the last man standing?
Pitt87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby eddysnake on Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:38 am

Kraftster wrote:Watched the first episode of Ray Donovan. Unsure but will probably give it a couple more episodes before making any final decisions.

watched the 1st last night, I'll give it a few more as well. I kind of dug it, but definitely need to see more to see where it's going. Any time Jon Voight is on screen, I immediately think about the lebaron.

eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby canaan on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:02 pm

Pitt87 wrote:Anyone keeping up with Whodunnit? Pretty good so far, but one thing I am confused about... does the killer KNOW they are the killer, thereby making them a plant, or will the 'killer' essentially be just the last man standing?

i believe the killer to be a plant, but dont quote me on that. i enjoy it. its silly, but looks like it would be a ton of fun.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Spangler on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:03 pm

The homophobic remark I could understand, but firing him for saying Hitler was a gifted speaker is just plain ignorant. Hitler was a gifted speaker otherwise he couldn't have accomplished what he did. Firing someone for stating a fact is stupid, and doesn't necessarily mean he's praising Hitler.

Of course he could have swastika flags in his house for all I know.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pitt87 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:12 pm

canaan wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:Anyone keeping up with Whodunnit? Pretty good so far, but one thing I am confused about... does the killer KNOW they are the killer, thereby making them a plant, or will the 'killer' essentially be just the last man standing?

i believe the killer to be a plant, but dont quote me on that. i enjoy it. its silly, but looks like it would be a ton of fun.

I really like the dinner theatre quality of it. Hokey, but a really good watch!

EDIT: According to Wiki, there were two plants... one initial victim, and one killer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whodunnit%3F_(U.S._TV_series)
Pitt87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:15 pm

Spangler wrote:

The homophobic remark I could understand, but firing him for saying Hitler was a gifted speaker is just plain ignorant. Hitler was a gifted speaker otherwise he couldn't have accomplished what he did. Firing someone for stating a fact is stupid, and doesn't necessarily mean he's praising Hitler.

Of course he could have swastika flags in his house for all I know.

I didn't hear that live so I don't know exactly how that conversation went, but if he simply meant that Hitler was a skillful speaker, then of course he was. I guess any type of compliment toward Hitler is a no-no these days, though. I take no position on that. Someone may say he had a cool mustache... should we be outraged? Well, maybe but only because it was a stupid looking mustache.

What disturbs me about Spencer is the ease at which he refers to women as C's, but more importantly just the way he speaks about women in general or about Elissa or some of the other women in the house. Seems he has no respect whatsoever. He just gives this aura of an a-hole. He's cold and something scares me when I look in his eyes. Type of personality I'd stay away from in real life.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:22 pm

There was a recent exit interview with David the surfer dude, and he pretty much stated that Spencer is a complete ahole and has no respect for women at all. And this from a guy that said he was pretty cool with everyone else in the house.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:26 pm

GSdrums87 wrote:Almost done with season 3 of Breaking Bad...

i just finished season 2. i am in love with this show. the characters are amazing

Spoiler:
when walt let jane die that was so incredible
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:08 pm

I just burst out laughing. Maybe it's me. I don't know. You be the judge.

You know this girl.

*A "Shameless" split. Emmy Rossum and Tyler Jacob Moore, stars of the hit Showtime drama, have broken up after dating for two years, a source close to the couple confirms to Us Weekly. Page Six was first to report the breakup.

The couple, who play Fiona Gallager and Toni Markovich in the popular series "Shameless," started dating in 2011 when the show first premiered.

On June 4, the normally tight-lipped actress, 26, told Us Weekly about her perfect date night, not mentioning Moore, 30.*

What an unfortunate choice of words and actually the opposite of what is, considering the kind of role she has or her public comments on said role... :)
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:10 pm

newarenanow wrote:There was a recent exit interview with David the surfer dude, and he pretty much stated that Spencer is a complete ahole and has no respect for women at all. And this from a guy that said he was pretty cool with everyone else in the house.

I'm worried about Elissa this week. The Moving Company (the 5 guys) are well positioned and have influence over select people in that house. The game has very much picked up in the strategic sense.
Last edited by Sarcastic on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:19 pm

Here's some real racism for ya.

Aaryn has apparently been feeding all the fish, except for the BLACK one. I didn't see it as I don't just sit on my ass and watch all day, but as someone described it...

"She is putting food in the top of the tank where the white fish are, hoping they will eat it all before the black fish gets there. Apparently the black fish hangs out around the bottom of the tank. She is STUPID!! She doesn’t get it. She was talking about this and hoping that the fish would die. She even said maybe she would take it upon herself to kill a fish every time someone is evicted ! SHE IS CRUEL AND DUMB!! Yes she does think that she can prevent the black fish from getting food. Just because it doesn’t make any since to us thinking people over 10, does not mean it didn’t happen."
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:23 pm

Sarcastic wrote:
newarenanow wrote:There was a recent exit interview with David the surfer dude, and he pretty much stated that Spencer is a complete ahole and has no respect for women at all. And this from a guy that said he was pretty cool with everyone else in the house.

I'm worried about Elissa this week. The Moving Company (the 5 guys) are well positioned and have influence over select people in that house. The game has very much picked up in the strategic sense.

Yeah, I think Elissa is gone this week. Mainly because Jeremy is set on getting her out, and will talk the Moving Company into voting that way. The Aayrn group are already set on that as well. She is gone.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:00 pm

Sarcastic wrote:Here's some real racism for ya.

Aaryn has apparently been feeding all the fish, except for the BLACK one. I didn't see it as I don't just sit on my ass and watch all day, but as someone described it...

"She is putting food in the top of the tank where the white fish are, hoping they will eat it all before the black fish gets there. Apparently the black fish hangs out around the bottom of the tank. She is STUPID!! She doesn’t get it. She was talking about this and hoping that the fish would die. She even said maybe she would take it upon herself to kill a fish every time someone is evicted ! SHE IS CRUEL AND DUMB!! Yes she does think that she can prevent the black fish from getting food. Just because it doesn’t make any since to us thinking people over 10, does not mean it didn’t happen."

That's bad if true.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:02 pm

Sarcastic, tell me more about Emmy Rossum's character on Shameless. I know nothing about the show, other than it's on Showtime and has to do with a family of grifters.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Dickie Dunn on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:06 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Sarcastic, tell me more about Emmy Rossum's character on Shameless. I know nothing about the show, other than it's on Showtime and has to do with a family of grifters.

I didn't even notice there were words written after the picture he posted.
Dickie Dunn
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:09 pm

Dickie Dunn wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Sarcastic, tell me more about Emmy Rossum's character on Shameless. I know nothing about the show, other than it's on Showtime and has to do with a family of grifters.

I didn't even notice there were words written after the picture he posted.

:lol: It took me a little longer than normal to scroll down. Forgot about Ms. Rossum. I get her confused with Anne Hathaway for some reason.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby GSdrums87 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:11 pm

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
GSdrums87 wrote:Almost done with season 3 of Breaking Bad...

i just finished season 2. i am in love with this show. the characters are amazing

Spoiler:
when walt let jane die that was so incredible

Oh yeah, that part was nuts. And I loved it. Really love seeing Walt develop into what (I hope he) becomes.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby JeffDFD on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:13 pm

Just watched that new Bear Grylls reality show "Get Out Alive." Now, I hate a lot of reality TV...especially competition ones...but it was fairly entertaining. I don't care about the competition part of it...I just enjoy watching normal people struggle doing ridiculous things because it's not me! Things like:

Spoiler:
Eating giant raw fish eyeballs...and...the worst part of the first episode...watching these people rush to be first in the game of "take my urine, mix it with muddy water so it fills a water bottle - then heat it up, cool it down, and chug it nice and warm." Someone let me know when the board game version comes out.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby the wicked child on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:17 pm

My all time favorite Bear Grylls moment was angry hive of bees 1, Bear 0. He built some kind of crude protection gear, but left his face exposed and got stung... all over a tiny piece of honeycomb. His face was uber swollen in no time.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shmenguin on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:38 pm

Next Food Network Star is mind bogglingly bad this year. There is absolutely no one in the cast who will be capable of having their own TV show.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:41 pm

shmenguin wrote:Next Food Network Star is mind bogglingly bad this year. There is absolutely no one in the cast who will be capable of having their own TV show.

It's painful to watch... I sure can't wait till one of the losers comes back. :thumb:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR