TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: TV Shows

Postby canaan on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:21 am

i think that mystic river, at least the first 20 minutes, is one of the best 1st acts with a similar plot line. just heart wrenching. sean penn is fantastic in that.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:26 am

I didn't tell my wife that this was a David Lynch deal in fear she wouldn't give it a chance, but after the pilot she wanted to watch another, then commented on how strange it was. Luckily she seems to be a big fan even after she saw his name in the credits. I'm glad that my memory is completely shot because although I remember loving the show and movie when I was younger, I really don't remember any of it at all.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby eddysnake on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:47 pm

Orange is the new Black premieres tonight on Netflix. Looks good

eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Froggy on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:56 pm

New Girl is on netflix. i should have been watching this all along. it's delightful.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:58 pm

Froggy wrote:New Girl is on netflix. i should have been watching this all along. it's delightful.

This post was also very delightful.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Spangler on Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:57 am

Since the latest eviction, the BB house is going crazy. Once again Aaryn is throwing around racist remarks. She brought Candace to tears which eventually lead to Howard crying. She's in for a rude awakening when this is all done.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:02 am

Froggy wrote:New Girl is on netflix. i should have been watching this all along. it's delightful.

i heard a rumor that all new new girls will be aired on netflix rather than fox?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eddysnake on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:04 am

finished 1st season of Twin Peaks. What an incredible show.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:11 am

We watched part of Celebrity Game Night last night. My god what a cringeworthy show. I'm fairly certain Matthew Perry is off the Wagon
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby viva la ben on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:45 am

Spangler wrote:Since the latest eviction, the BB house is going crazy. Once again Aaryn is throwing around racist remarks. She brought Candace to tears which eventually lead to Howard crying. She's in for a rude awakening when this is all done.

Paula Deen will hire her as a personal assistant.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby newarenanow on Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:00 am

Anyone watch Big Brother last night?

Vote spoiler below:

Spoiler:
I was completely shocked Nick got voted out. I knew it was going to be a close vote, but to see Spencer flip and McCrae (not so shocking) do it as well was crazy. The girls were finally smart and took the power over from the guys.

And Aaryn saying people getting mad at her racist comments as being obnoxious and immature was ridiculous as well.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Spum on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:32 am

newarenanow wrote:Anyone watch Big Brother last night?

Vote spoiler below:

Spoiler:
I was completely shocked Nick got voted out. I knew it was going to be a close vote, but to see Spencer flip and McCrae (not so shocking) do it as well was crazy. The girls were finally smart and took the power over from the guys.

And Aaryn saying people getting mad at her racist comments as being obnoxious and immature was ridiculous as well.

Spum
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby AlexPKeaton on Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:12 pm

Ray Donavan kind of stinks.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:15 pm

Interior therapy with Jeff Lewis is back. Happy days
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:25 pm

Did anyone watch The Bridge on Fx? I dvr'd it, but it seems to have gotten mixed reviews after some major hype.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby canaan on Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:49 pm

Spum wrote:

Vote spoiler below:

Spoiler:

wow. did this girl know what irreparable damage she is causing to herself outside of the game? lol
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:13 pm

AlexPKeaton wrote:Ray Donavan kind of stinks.

Besides there not being a real likable character on the show, I think it's pretty cool so far.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby viva la ben on Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:35 pm

Another thing about big brother was Amanda using all of the band-aids in the house a couple nights ago...as pasties.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby newarenanow on Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:43 pm

canaan wrote:
Spum wrote:

Vote spoiler below:

Spoiler:

wow. did this girl know what irreparable damage she is causing to herself outside of the game? lol

What's funny is, I read some of the joker update feed from last night, and I guess Aaryn is all upset saying Ellissa is in for a rude awakening when she leaves the Big Brother house and hits reality. What is ironic is Elissa has probably come out in a much more favorable/likable light while Aaryn and GinaMarie have been fired from their jobs and are pretty much hated.

I can't believe she is doing a lot of this. She is just a sick person.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby AlexPKeaton on Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:20 pm

eddysnake wrote:

Besides there not being a real likable character on the show, I think it's pretty cool so far.

The only cool parts of the show are the Californiacation style goofiness with the fake hollywood celebs. Right down to the Charlie Runkle-esque agent dude played by the one doc from House. But everything else stinks. What happened in the second episode outside of the Californiacation stuff? Ray's wife went driving around, kids ate breakfast, took some pics, hugged people, Ray called to see where they were, came around, send something menacing to his dad, show is over. Wow great TV.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby eddysnake on Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:26 pm

AlexPKeaton wrote:
eddysnake wrote:

The only cool parts of the show are the Californiacation style goofiness with the fake hollywood celebs. Right down to the Charlie Runkle-esque agent dude played by the one doc from House. But everything else stinks. What happened in the second episode outside of the Californiacation stuff? Ray's wife went driving around, kids ate breakfast, took some pics, hugged people, Ray called to see where they were, came around, send something menacing to his dad, show is over. Wow great TV.

since you don't have much patience with this show (a drama), I hear they are rearing Sharknado on SyFy, maybe that will help?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby AlexPKeaton on Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:06 pm

eddysnake wrote:
AlexPKeaton wrote:
eddysnake wrote:

since you don't have much patience with this show (a drama), I hear they are rearing Sharknado on SyFy, maybe that will help?

I aint got time for yet another mobster show, even if they are transplanted into celebrity land which I guess makes it slightly more interesting than mobster show #2342341.

But yes I do want to see Sharknado. More people watched Sharknado than will ever see an episode of Ray Donavan haha.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby eddysnake on Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:09 pm

AlexPKeaton wrote:
eddysnake wrote:
AlexPKeaton wrote:
eddysnake wrote:

I aint got time for yet another mobster show, even if they are transplanted into celebrity land which I guess makes it slightly more interesting than mobster show #2342341.

But yes I do want to see Sharknado. More people watched Sharknado than will ever see an episode of Ray Donavan haha.

probably right about that. quite honestly, I think Ray Donovan would be more interesting if it didn't have that mob side to it and just followed his everyday cleaning up life.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby AlexPKeaton on Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:13 pm

eddysnake wrote:probably right about that. quite honestly, I think Ray Donovan would be more interesting if it didn't have that mob side to it and just followed his everyday cleaning up life.

Well that is exactly what I'm saying as well!
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Mr. Colby on Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:23 pm

BB15:

-Holy crap I'm shocked and bummed Nick is out.

-Spencer is a snake.

-Nick's downfall in hindsight was orchestrating keeping Elissa last week. Rocked the boat too hard too fast. That exposed the moving company and was the prime reason for Mccrae and Spencer wavering.

-Kaitlin looks better and better every time i see her. I'm smitten

-Candice is impressive. She completely turned the power in the house with her brains and that was pretty tough to do. She's starting to get more attractive to me as well

-How irrelevant is Judd aka Joe Dirt

-Stop sobbing Ginamarie you're disgusting

-Aaryn is certifiable. I've never seen anything like it. She is ruining her life right now and I can't say i'm upset about it. I'd have a hard time not punching her if I saw her in public

-With my favorite gone I think i'm pulling for the Mccrae/Amanda showmance right now

-This new whole-house all-girl alliance is annoying. It's like 11 on 3 now, with Jeremy, Kaitlin, Aaryn being the 3. Helen i bet puts Kaitlin and Aaryn on the block, Elissa as MVP will put up Ginamarie, and then they will backdoor Jeremy
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to NHR