TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: TV Shows

Postby eddysnake on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:06 am

since1970 wrote:....looking like Magic City and Ray Donovan are starting to heat up...Jon Voight's character in RD is reprehensible, everytime he's on you squirm a little. You find it hard to believe no one hits him with a bat, or chair, or fist, or chain, or car ...twerkin' lol!!!!!!

how is Magic City?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby since1970 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:07 am

with the stuff in Havana and James Caan in Chicago, and Ike's son Stevie being darwn closer to organized crime, and Dudley Doright his other son working for law and order, it's opening up storyline after storyline. Also, you have one of Tafficante's men in Miami, and Ike trying to get Ben outta his hotel, it's looks like this season could be a whack fest. It's going to get interesting once the gambling vote happens, too bad the gorgeous elevator girl got wrapped up in a rug, really liked her.
since1970
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby relantel on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:48 am

caught an episode (or most of it) of Discovery's "Naked and Afraid" last night. Premise is they strand a man and a women, who have not previously met, naked on a deserted island for 3 weeks. This particular episode was in Panama, and featured far more wildlife/insects than one sees on CBS's Survivor. The woman was bit so much that her feet were puffy swollen just a few days in. The episode after was somewhere else with a different couple. Any frontal/side shots are fuzzed out so you really don't see their nakedness, but they have no problems with the backside.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:50 am

Are they aiming for an Adam and Eve premise rel? Because I can't think of many situations where I wouldn't have at least some sort of clothing apparel.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby relantel on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:56 am

Rylan wrote:Are they aiming for an Adam and Eve premise rel? Because I can't think of many situations where I wouldn't have at least some sort of clothing apparel.

no - from what I can tell it's just getting two people to work together to survive, who happen to come into it with no clothes. There were scenes where they had made some coverings with leaves and vines and such.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Froggy on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:56 am

They are trying to do a show about "pure survival" where you literally have nothing at all to help you. At least that's the official stance. There is definitely an element of "oh look, naked people"
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:59 am

Oh ok. That is not very interesting to me. lol
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:02 pm

Rylan wrote:Are they aiming for an Adam and Eve premise rel? Because I can't think of many situations where I wouldn't have at least some sort of clothing apparel.

No, they are completely naked. They get a small bag and one survival item to take with them. They also get a camera to film themselves sometimes.

They are then placed in an environment where they have to survive for 3 weeks before the rescue helicopter comes gets them.

the one I saw, they were in Africa somewhere. It was brutal.

The one I saw, they actually had to have the production crew come in and get a thorn out of the guys foot and disenfect it because there was a true fear of ganggreen.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby relantel on Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:06 pm

Quite a bit of emphasis on the "& Afraid" part of it from the ep I watched.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:17 pm

BB 15 Spoiler.

Spoiler:
I guess Kaitlyn got the POV. Assuming she takes herself down, Helen and crew would be absolutely nuts not to go after anyone else other than Jeremy. Although I could see Kaitlyn being dumb enough to let Jeremy talk her out of using it and saying Aaryn would be going home.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:17 pm

I need Sarcastic/Spangler to come on here and talk Big Brother.

Spoiler:
I'm reading Joker's updates and I'm just confused. I have a feeling that Helen is going to screw this up and vote out a weak player like Howard or Spencer or someone. This is their best shot to get out Jeremy and I think they are going to blow it.
Last edited by newarenanow on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Spangler on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:35 pm

We don't know how strong Howard is because he's been throwing challenges in a laughable way.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:44 pm

Spangler wrote:We don't know how strong Howard is because he's been throwing challenges in a laughable way.

He's a horrible liar though and seems to get himself in trouble in that manner. He may be able to win challenges later, but I don't think he'll be able to outsmart some people.

Guys like Jeremy are dangerous in that they always seem to win when it matters most, and have the cocky attitude that drives a person to win.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Spangler on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:49 pm

Yeah, it doesn't seem like Jeremy gets nervous in challenges, but rather really looks forward to them.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:54 pm

Spangler wrote:Yeah, it doesn't seem like Jeremy gets nervous in challenges, but rather really looks forward to them.

Exactly, he looks forward to being down and getting otu of the hole. And that is dangerous.

He is also a smooth talker. Seems to be able to manipulate people.

There are people out there like that, no matter how much they crap on people, or appear to be down, they just seem to be able to change situations in their favor and win when it matters the most.

Dan was that same way last season.

Not saying it's a bad thing, saying it is a dangerous thing if you are the other houseguests. He is the type that could win HOH this week, knock Helen out, bring Jessie back to his side (she seems young and vulnerable), put questions into everyone else, and then be back in power just like that.

Aaryn is too much of a bully. Jeremy bullies, but knows the line and where to draw it to where he can scare people to follow him, but stop short that that person thinks they chose it on their own and will follow him.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:02 pm

BB spoiler:

Spoiler:
I guess Kaitlyn used POV and they put Jeremy up.

Hopefully they are smart enough to send him home. I think if they do, Aaryn, GM and Kaitlyn know they are in big trouble as their only "protection" is gone.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ajh2298 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:58 pm

Just watched the last 8 episodes of "The Following" that I had sitting on my DVR in one sitting. I don't know what they are going to do for a second season but the ending was great and was slightly different than I thought it was going to end.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby eddysnake on Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:32 am

PensFanInDC wrote:
eddysnake wrote:Watched first couple episodes of twin peaks s2, had nightmares for the first time in a long time, thanks a lot bob

I'm telling you. He is my chiildhood boogey man.

I completely understand. I'm 16 episodes in now. This really is the perfect show, it's hilarious, terrifying, suspenseful, and weird in all the best ways possible. I don't think there has ever been a better soundtrack for a show than what they do here. I give you the hilariously awesome: James's Song

also, here's a cool interview with the composer on how he came up with the main theme song:

http://vimeo.com/18413925
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:35 am

Is twin peaks amazing, I keep telling myself I should start watching it.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:52 am

Idoit40fans wrote:Is twin peaks amazing, I keep telling myself I should start watching it.

I certainly would say it's not for everyone, but it's easily in the top 5 best shows I've ever watched. There just really isn't anything like it. It's got a hitchcock feel to it, but set in a David Lynch world.

it's streaming on Netflix. My wife and I are hooked, that's all we've watched for the last week.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby relantel on Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:10 am

I hear Twin Peaks and I think Northern Exposure. How wrong is that?
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:22 am

I think of the tv show from Alan Wake.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:00 pm

That new Robin Williams show has fail written all over it but I will give it a chance.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby columbia on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:02 pm

PensFanInDC wrote:That new Robin Williams show has fail written all over it but I will give it a chance.

It's this kind of thinking that leads to Journey still putting out albums.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:03 pm

PensFanInDC wrote:That new Robin Williams show has fail written all over it but I will give it a chance.

It's being written by the creator of Picket Fences. How dare you make such a reckless assumption.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR