TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: TV Shows

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:19 pm

btw, the reason why the person is leaving BB tonight

Spoiler:
Kaitlin is built like a brick wall, strong and feisty, and being a bartender she has good memory and already won 1 memory-based competition. Helen, andy (really like this dude), Amanda, etc... can't allow Kaitlin to remain with spencer/howard. Aaryn isn't as big of a threat to win HOH and also is fully willing to work with Helen and her pack.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:23 pm

eddysnake wrote:I'm 5 in and like it. Don't care for Jason Biggs. Crazy eyes is awesome

I like that druggie blonde with cornrows. Plays her part really well.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Mr. Colby on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:40 pm

Sarcastic wrote:
canaan wrote:America's vote this week (Big Brother related)

Spoiler:
and based on how the america's vote goes this week, i dont think people realized that they were voting for who was the nominee, not the mvp :lol:

Yeah. Apparently people didn't read the instructions (or watch the show before voting) and so they put up Elissa by mistake. Funniest thing ever.

Huh? It's easy to figure out how that went down and exactly my prediction once Aaryn was put on the block.

Assume Elissa gets 50% of the MVP vote during normal weeks and the other 50% is dispersed throughout the house... half of which (25% overall) are just doing it to vote against Elissa.

Those 25% vote for Elissa to be nominated, leaving 75% to be dispersed throughout the house. It could easily occur that none of the other houseguests get 25% of the vote for nomination... other than Aaryn.

Aaryn obviously had the most votes for eviction, but a good portion of people don't like Elissa and are annoyed with her constantly getting MVP without earning it. Then GM was the replacement America's nominee because she's a psychopath.

Really it all depends on the dispersion of the remaining votes. Elissa has a lot of people that love her and a lot that hate her - one of the most polarizing players in the game. I can easily see her being 2nd most hated behind Aaryn, and that's exactly how it played out.
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:55 pm

I agree ^ and it had to be a combination of the two. But let's not dismiss the misguided votes, because internet feeds where buzzing with what happened and a lot of past BB players came out and said it. Dan Gheesling was probably the first who exposed it and said he is having a lot of people sending him questions how they can take back their vote because they thought they were voting for Elissa to get MVP again. Then he laughed his butt off after the voting results came in. Boogie spoke out. Ian. Etc.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Hockeynut! on Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:22 pm

Elissa benefits from the Rachel/Brendan fans. She is the only player with a built in fan base going in, so she has all of those free votes going here way, plus some from people who actually like her. The rest of the newbies split all the votes. Now, with America voting on the nominee, she is going to get the votes from all the people who hated Brendan and Rachel (and there were a lot of them) plus votes from the people who just dislike her. The rest of the newbies split all of the other votes. I thought it was almost inevitable that she's be nominated due to the Rachel haters.
Hockeynut!
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby FreeCandy44 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:26 pm

It baffles me how much you guys like that show. I don't see what im missing.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:28 pm

I wish Rachel would fall into a pit of razor blades and lemon juice and land web-between-fingers first
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:35 pm

I wish Rachel would replace her sister. That'd cause some fireworks, plus, Rachel is a beast in competitions. Maybe the best female ever.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:37 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:It baffles me how much you guys like that show. I don't see what im missing.

Honestly, it's like poker and chess mixed into a single game, with fun competitions and a lot of arguing. :)
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Mr. Colby on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:34 pm

This house sucks. Why do people listen to Helen? She leads this whole stupid following it's ridiculous

Judd is a squid I can't believe he outed that side alliance he formed.

If you keep Aaryn every week because "she's a bigger target" what are you accomplishing? She's never the target if you keep her because she's the target....
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Mr. Colby on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:53 pm

This season of BB sucks... how many luck HOH competitions will there be?
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby ExPatriatePen on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:23 pm

Sullivan and Son has to be the absolute worst sitcom I've seen in years.

Why did they have to set it in Pittsbugh?
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby ExPatriatePen on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:25 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:It baffles me how much you guys like that show. I don't see what im missing.

Just be thankful that you aren't turned on by Drama Queens like they are :pop:
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby FreeCandy44 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:30 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:Sullivan and Son has to be the absolute worst sitcom I've seen in years.

Why did they have to set it in Pittsbugh?

Atleast you weren't in the city when two guys from WDVE were on the show. Every five minutes we were reminded they were on the show and how funny it is.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Spum on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:56 pm

Mr. Colby wrote:If you keep Aaryn every week because "she's a bigger target" what are you accomplishing? She's never the target if you keep her because she's the target....

Thats their stated reason, but the real reason is every single one of them wants to be sitting next to her in the final two now.
Spum
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:07 pm

Spum wrote:
Mr. Colby wrote:If you keep Aaryn every week because "she's a bigger target" what are you accomplishing? She's never the target if you keep her because she's the target....

Thats their stated reason, but the real reason is every single one of them wants to be sitting next to her in the final two now.

That's right. You don't want a liked person to be sitting next to you. I also think I started to like Aaryn anyway. Some of the things she said earlier in the year were pretty F'ed up but I'm not even sure if she really is racist or just immature. If immature, then I can forgive her and move on. She's a young girl and maybe didn't know any better. This might be a good lesson for her. Watching her the last couple weeks, she's been really nice. There are other people I began to dislike more like Elissa, Kaitlin, Candice, and Howard. Gina is a given... she's nuts... she thinks she's moving to NJ to raise kids with Nick after the season and that they're spending holidays together.

Anyway, Elissa cried 2 times already since the show aired, lol.

Next on the list to kick out is Howard. Aaryn, Helen, Amanda, McCrae, Judd already talked. If not Howard, then Spencer, but they hope it's Howard and of course they are afraid of how Candice will react so they are not telling her everything.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:13 pm

BTW, they are FURIOUS with Elissa again. Apparently that crazy woman went around the house earlier today and AGAIN tried to turn people around to vote out Aaryn. That's the second time in 3 days and both times after agreeing with the rest of her alliance to take out Kaitlin. I swear she should be in a straight jacket. She's not just stupid.. there is something mentally not right with her. She is putting her alliance in constant danger and I think they're going to now accept Aaryn into their group and vote out Elissa when it comes to it. Oh, also, Elissa told Candice that Helen made a deal with Aaryn that Aaryn will do as Helen wants this week. And Candice told Howard and Spencer. Helen wants to kill Elissa.

Is this a fun game or what. :P
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Mr. Colby on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:15 pm

I hate helen she sucks at competitions why are people following her and doing her dirty work
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:20 pm

Mr. Colby wrote:I hate helen she sucks at competitions why are people following her and doing her dirty work

I started to not like her as much also. She acted like a dictator during her HOH and talked to people like they were her children. I don't hate her, but I like others better. I like Judd and McCrae and Andy a lot.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Mr. Colby on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:32 pm

I really only like Mccrae and Andy. Amanda is alright but she needs to start winning something.

It's kind of sad - all you have to do to stay safe the next few weeks is throw competitions and vote how Helen tells you to
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Spum on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:37 pm

Both Helen and Amanda are playing way way too hard. After Elissa and Howard are gone the whole house is going to gun for them.
Spum
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Spum on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:39 pm

Also with Aaryn winning HOH, what are the odds of Coup d'Etat or Pandoras Box? 50/50? 70/30?
Spum
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby newarenanow on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:17 am

I liked Elissa at first, but her crusade against Aaryn, and pretty much leaking her alliance plans for no reason, and just getting crazy, I've turned to not like her. I actually hope she is the next to go.

I think Aaryn made a strong deal, and now that she is HOH, if she goes with the deal, she can gain a lot of trust. And now with the new attitude, she might be able to make it pretty far now.

Will be an interesting week.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:31 am

What show should I start next - The Shield or Justified?
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby eddysnake on Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:21 am

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:What show should I start next - The Shield or Justified?

small wonder
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

PreviousNext

Return to NHR