TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: TV Shows

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:09 pm

newarenanow wrote:Aaryn seems to have really turned into a different person the past week or two. I know a lot of it has to do with her back being against the wall, but she has seemed pretty "normal" if you will. I almost feel bad now that she was fired from her job and America hates her.

I do think CBS tried to keep the racist/Aaryn hate going by splicing a few things together that told a different story.

Aaryn still dug her own grave the first few weeks, but if she would have come into the game and act like she is now, she would probably be a favorite. I think a lot of it had to do with the group she hung out with and how they fed on each other. Jeremy also didnt' seem that bad his final week.

Elissa has been the opposite for me. She was one of my favorites, but now just seems like a total whack job.

I'm liking Aaryn now that she's away from Jeremy and Kaitlin. She's sweet, she's fun. If I'm being perfectly honest, I did not like Kaitlin after Jeremy left. She behaved close to how he did.. not the fights but with the attitude. Anyway, I agree it may be too late for Aaryn. She will have to do damage control after she leaves, but I don't believe anymore that she or Gina are racist. As I look back and think about it all, I feel it was more just being immature and even full of a pack mentality type thing, where jokes started flying around and the wrong things came out. But being on TV, it all got blown out of proportion. Not to say some of the comments were OK, as some did have racial overtones and could have been seen as hurtful, but sometimes good people say wrong things and I think that's what happened. It's not like either of them or Amanda (she's Jewish and also is guilty of questionable comments -- you don't see CBS showing her in that light but if you read blogs you know she's just as guilty) are walking around the house quoting supremacist propaganda.

I know I won't crucify a young girl for the rest of her life mostly for being immature or Gina (33) and Amanda (29) who happen to be older but just have a very blunt way of talking and joking. It's kinda like what I was talking about in the other thread.. whatever happened to it. Sometimes things are said and all of a sudden you have some politically correct a-hole who knows nothing about you pointing a finger and calling you a racist.

These girls will have to do some repairs, but I hope people won't be mad at them forever.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:26 pm

I was going to say, I read a blog that called out Spencer and Amanda making comments, but none of those have been cast into the spotlight by CBS. They just seemed to have focused on the "Mean Girl" group.

Like you said, it was probably a pack mentality, and they are all yougn and immature and just went with it.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:32 pm

Aaryn and Elissa hanging out alone, joking, laughing, being so polite to one another just now. Elissa came up to see how she was doing. Maybe Elissa will act more normal now that she's not on a warpath, lol. I think that a lot of the fights that happened earlier in the season were due to Jeremy being a bully and getting in everyone's face, pulling the 3 girls behind him (Kaitlin Aeryn Gina).

Probably won't show this on CBS.

Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:54 pm

newarenanow wrote:I was going to say, I read a blog that called out Spencer and Amanda making comments, but none of those have been cast into the spotlight by CBS. They just seemed to have focused on the "Mean Girl" group.

Like you said, it was probably a pack mentality, and they are all yougn and immature and just went with it.

Amanda is a good example. They were talking about this whole racism controversy and Amanda said something distasteful - as she usually does.. she just doesn't care what she says, just rolls with it :) - and then started laughing how everyone is focusing on Aaryn, where in fact Amanda herself is the 'only real racist here'. Not in the CBS show. It's Aaryn, she's the bad one. Not that I think Amanda is really racist, it's just how she talks and it's so easy to take something out of context, misconstrue its meaning, and go on the offensive.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Spangler on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:10 am

People throw the word 'racist' around too lightly. Most probably don't even know what true racism is like.

I was reading some youtube comments the other day. Now those were true racist comments.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby GSdrums87 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:16 am

Just finished up season 4 of Breaking Bad last night. Holy bippy.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ajh2298 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:33 pm

Really excited about this since the Flash has always been my favorite. Only worried about how they are going to deal with him actually having real superpowers.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/30/ ... f-of-arrow
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PensFanInDC on Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:57 pm

GSdrums87 wrote:Just finished up season 4 of Breaking Bad last night. Holy bippy.

2 face
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:35 am

New Whose Line Is It Anyway, is still comical. Aisha Tyler seems incredibly stiff but is still a pretty good. The only downfall is after every sequence is a bloody commercial.

Edit: This version feels more rushed than the older versions. Like its just one "game" with none of the after game banter of the old one. All it proves to me is while Drew Carey is a below average actor and comedian, he definitely can host a show.

Edit edit: The more episodes I watch. the better she gets. The show is still paced insanely fast though.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:28 pm

Oh I completely forgot WLITA was on. I loved the old shows. Got to remind myself to set the DVR.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby blackjack68 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:28 pm

Blair Underwood as Ironside...coming this fall.

Seriously?
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby newarenanow on Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:44 pm

http://bigbrotheraccess.com/big-brother ... ks-356593/

Here is another example of Aaryn being the target of her comments. While I agree she should be called out, and she was wrong, I think some of the things Amanda has said has been just as bad, if not worse. Yet no one is targeting her. Same with Spencer (although I think he is racist and probably doesn't care).
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:50 am

BB15:

Spoiler:
So Howard is gone. THey had a chance to create a power shift, or at least a split, and went the simple route. Spencer is right, after Helen and crew take out the "other side" of the house, then the pawns falling are going to be picked off 1 by 1.

I don't know what is going to happen with GM being HOH as she seems to float, but my money is on she will do what Helen and crew want and probably put up Spencer and Candice.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby relantel on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:11 am

AMC running Hell on Wheels from the beginning starting tomorrow morning at 9am.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: PM me your email addy for invite to LGP Extra Attacker league

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:18 am

As a Marathon? I may do that all day.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby relantel on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:39 am

Idoit40fans wrote:As a Marathon? I may do that all day.

I do believe so, yes. 9am-7pm - http://www.amctv.com/schedule#day/2013/08/03

Looks like the next set are on 8/10, from 11am right into the new season that begins at 9pm. http://www.amctv.com/schedule#day/2013/08/10
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: PM me your email addy for invite to LGP Extra Attacker league

Postby eddysnake on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:47 am

relantel wrote:AMC running Hell on Wheels from the beginning starting tomorrow morning at 9am.

when are they going to do this for season 3 of Walking Dead, I need to watch that before next season starts.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby GSdrums87 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:48 am

First half of Breaking Bad season 5 is on Netflix as of today. Finally gonna catch up.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:52 am

I had those episodes downloaded, but i'll watch it on there I guess. Sweet.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:00 am

GSdrums87 wrote:First half of Breaking Bad season 5 is on Netflix as of today. Finally gonna catch up.

Nice.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:40 pm

Not sure why I'm still watching this, but... Food Network Star...
Spoiler:
So they brought back Lovely (I knew she would be the one to come back because she was terrible), then immediately had to send her home because *shocker* she still had all the same issues. Then in an episode and a half, the 2 people I expected to be there in the end get sent home. Not that I was overly excited about any of these people having a show.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:35 am

BB 15:

Spoiler:
Seems like Jessie won POV, and Amanda was voted on the block by America. Amanda is starting to get all my nerves now too. Also, rumor is her job may be in jeopardy for the things she said on the show and the way she is acting.

Honestly, this cast is a giant cluster.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:45 am

Thank god Breaking Bad starts in a week, as it's tough choosing between Dexter and watching paint dry every Sunday at 9.

Seriously though, if I didn't know that there were only 6 episodes of Dexter left, Id quit watching. This season has been beyond horrible.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby canaan on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:43 am

the wicked child wrote:Not sure why I'm still watching this, but... Food Network Star...
Spoiler:
So they brought back Lovely (I knew she would be the one to come back because she was terrible), then immediately had to send her home because *shocker* she still had all the same issues. Then in an episode and a half, the 2 people I expected to be there in the end get sent home. Not that I was overly excited about any of these people having a show.

Spoiler:
this season has been dreadful. why "the pie man" is still on that show is beyond me. hes awful.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:45 am

newarenanow wrote:BB 15:

Spoiler:
Seems like Jessie won POV, and Amanda was voted on the block by America. Amanda is starting to get all my nerves now too. Also, rumor is her job may be in jeopardy for the things she said on the show and the way she is acting.

Honestly, this cast is a giant cluster.

i hope amanda gets punched in the face.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR