TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: TV Shows

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:18 am

Eismann wrote:The League season 5. Now.

I have Comcast, will I get the FXX network or whatever?

Im pretty sure both the new Fox Sorts Channel and FXX will be on comcast.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Mr. Colby on Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:55 am

Breaking Bad is tomorrow ohhh my god i can't wait
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby relantel on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:35 am

Anyone else catch the premiere of Broadchurch (David Tennant) on BBC America this week?
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:40 am

Sweet, a new season of Amish Mafia is coming... Said absolutely nobody.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:26 pm

Watched the S3 premiere of Hell On Wheels earlier... solid.
Spoiler:
That mormon guy is nuts. He totally sacrificed his son there, probably because he was the one who spoke out of turn earlier (which was a direct ripoff of the Solozzo meeting in The Godfather, but I digress).

Feels good to have Breaking Bad back.
Spoiler:
So Walt's cancer IS back. I wasn't expecting the Hank-Walt confrontation that early, but it was great nonetheless. It will be interesting to see where things go from there.

Finally, I decided to fast forward through the Food Network Star finale just to see which loser won...
Spoiler:
Of course it was the person whose pilot I liked the least! Thanks, America! I am done with this show. What a train wreck.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:29 pm

Maybe your best course would be to tread lightly. :scared:
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:47 pm

Kraftster wrote:Maybe your best course would be to tread lightly. :scared:

Holy crap what an episode
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Staggy on Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:22 am

BB:

Spoiler:
Holy ****ing ****. The last 5 minutes had to be the most intense television moments I've ever seen. Absolutely incredible.

I'm probably just nitpicking but there were a couple things I'm not sure how I feel about. First off, why the hell did Hank take Leaves of Grass from the bathroom? He didn't think that might catch Walt's eye? The show is set in 2009 at the very earliest, everyone has a camera on their phone. Snap a pic, Hank.

Second, why put the GPS on Walt's car? He took Walt to do the same exact thing to Gus. Adding in the fact that Walt may have noticed the book was missing, putting a GPS on his car seems pretty reckless.

I think the ending answered these questions though. I think Hank just didn't give a **** if Walt found out about his suspicion. He just found out that the man who's been haunting him for the past year and a half is his brother-in-law. He was reeling and humiliated, and it probably took every ounce of his energy to not kill him on the spot at Walt's house, let alone when Walt was practically taunting him in the garage.

Just an excellent episode in general. The only downside is that this pretty much guarantees that Walt is going to kill Hank. I don't think Hank would be able to restrain himself for 7 more episodes to save a showdown for the finale, I'm guessing Walt has to off him before that.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:47 am

Oh, BB means breaking bad again. ok.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MWB on Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:53 am

BB question:

Spoiler:
So the first episode of Season 5 part 1 started with Walt on the road to New Hampshire, dressed much like he was at the start of last night's episode. Was anything else done with that last year? I don't remember now. Or was the start of last night's episode just a continuation of that "flash ahead" sequence?
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:54 am

MWB wrote:BB question:

Spoiler:
So the first episode of Season 5 part 1 started with Walt on the road to New Hampshire, dressed much like he was at the start of last night's episode. Was anything else done with that last year? I don't remember now. Or was the start of last night's episode just a continuation of that "flash ahead" sequence?

Spoiler:
That was not addressed again in the first 8 episodes. I haven't yet seen last night's episode.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 am

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
pretty sure last night was just a continuation. I don't remember a ton from that scene last season, but is it possible he went to NH just to buy that obscenely large gun?
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby count2infinity on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:11 am

BB to add to what staggy said

Spoiler:
I don't think Walt kills Hank. Walt has said over and over again that family is all he has left. With the previews of Walt at 52 years old, I think either Declan (the guy from the "Say my name episode") or the connections that Lydia has in the Czech Republic come after Walt and kill his family and possibly Jesse. Walt leaves as he has nothing left (uses Saul's disappearing guy). The shots of him at 52 are of him coming back with a big gun and getting the ricin to go after them like Gus went after the cartel, only he's going to poison them AND himself since he'd dying anyways. If he's actually not dying from the cancer, then the people that killed his family must have something he wants because there's no reason he'd come back for revenge in less than a year. If Walt has the time, he'd plan it out. Make it very elaborate over years, but for some reason he has to come back right away. But that's just my theory. We'll see how it goes. It's hard to go to some big elaborate ending with only 7 episodes left.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Can't wait for playoffs to up the dumb level ten fold in this place.

Postby count2infinity on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:14 am

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
He was on his way BACK from New Hampshire if memory serves. He also had a different name on his ID. It's pretty obvious that he has fled ABQ for some reason, but returned pretty quickly as his 52nd birthday is well under a year from the current time in last night's episode.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby GSdrums87 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:47 am

Hello, Carol.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Kraftster on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:56 am

Loved that.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby count2infinity on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:06 am

GSdrums87 wrote:Hello, Carol.

Spoiler:
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby GSdrums87 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:06 am

Spoiler:
The first thing I said was "Who just has their oranges loose in the bag like that?"
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:17 am

count2infinity wrote:BB to add to what staggy said

Spoiler:
I don't think Walt kills Hank. Walt has said over and over again that family is all he has left. With the previews of Walt at 52 years old, I think either Declan (the guy from the "Say my name episode") or the connections that Lydia has in the Czech Republic come after Walt and kill his family and possibly Jesse. Walt leaves as he has nothing left (uses Saul's disappearing guy). The shots of him at 52 are of him coming back with a big gun and getting the ricin to go after them like Gus went after the cartel, only he's going to poison them AND himself since he'd dying anyways. If he's actually not dying from the cancer, then the people that killed his family must have something he wants because there's no reason he'd come back for revenge in less than a year. If Walt has the time, he'd plan it out. Make it very elaborate over years, but for some reason he has to come back right away. But that's just my theory. We'll see how it goes. It's hard to go to some big elaborate ending with only 7 episodes left.

Spoiler:
I don't think they kill off Walt's family. I mean, I don't see a happy ending for Walt but I don't think they would go with the ultra unhappy ending. Maybe his family has been kidnapped and he kills himself while saving them. Ehhhh that's a little too "Hollywood".

It's obvious that the truth about Walt comes out. Maybe Jesse's guilt pushes him to go to the DEA.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:17 am

count2infinity wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
This leads me to believe that everyone thinks Walt is dead.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby count2infinity on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:44 am

PensFanInDC wrote:
count2infinity wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I took it to mean everyone knew that Walt was Heisenberg. This whole thing with Gus was all over the news. I figure if word gets out that it was actually a high school chemistry teacher that created this giant empire of meth, people would be very very shocked about that, let alone to see him 9-10 months later.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby GSdrums87 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:49 am

count2infinity wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:
count2infinity wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I took it to mean everyone knew that Walt was Heisenberg. This whole thing with Gus was all over the news. I figure if word gets out that it was actually a high school chemistry teacher that created this giant empire of meth, people would be very very shocked about that, let alone to see him 9-10 months later.

Spoiler:
I agree, hence HEISENBERG spraypainted on the living room wall.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Dickie Dunn on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:50 am

I want to watch Badger's version of Star Trek on the big screen.

Edit: Guess the small screen will have to do.

http://www.vulture.com/2013/08/breaking-bad-badger-star-trek-story-animated.html
Last edited by Dickie Dunn on Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby GSdrums87 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:52 am

Dickie Dunn wrote:I want to watch Badger's version of Star Trek on the big screen.

:thumb:

"HE BEAMS HIS ORGANS TO OUTER SPACE!!!"
"OH MY GOD!"
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby canaan on Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:45 am

lets try to do BB as breaking bad and BB15 as big brother...ive clicked on three spoilers thinking it was big brother :lol:
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR