TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: TV Shows

Postby Factorial on Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:49 pm

PensFanInDC wrote:Exactly....but this isnt the music thread

Thread police.
Factorial
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby relantel on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:58 am

still watching Graceland... caught up to the 8/22 ep (think that was the one before the one that aired last night).

Spoiler:
They're pushing the story to make it seem like Briggs is a bad apple (which probably means there is a reveal at some point that proves he isn't). Agent Warren gets questioned about his superior's decision and decides to come clean to Briggs about his original assignment. Much strife in the house between the residents, and they got rid of Warren's girfriend an episode or two back. They're all chasing down a phantom drug cartel mercenary nicknamed "Jangles", who has seen more than one law enforcement officer impersonate so far.

Supposedly next week, 9/12, is season finale.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:59 am

I love Graceland. Doubt it gets renewed but I really enjoy it.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:35 am

Finally caught up on Hell on Wheels. I love how far this show has come from the first season. I enjoyed The Game more than last week's episode, but it was still solid.

Still have 2 episodes of Low Winter Sun to catch up on. Not sure what the shelf life of this show is though... seems like a premise that can last one season at this point.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:40 am

the wicked child wrote:Finally caught up on Hell on Wheels. I love how far this show has come from the first season. I enjoyed The Game more than last week's episode, but it was still solid.

Still have 2 episodes of Low Winter Sun to catch up on. Not sure what the shelf life of this show is though... seems like a premise that can last one season at this point.

Yeah, I'm like HoW this season as well. I'm interested in what will happen to the Swede's story line.

Low Winter Sun has gotten better IMO, but I was thinking the same thing. Where is this going to go once this story line is complete. I can't see it having a super long shelf life. Maybe 2 or 3 seasons at the most.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:43 am

BB15:

Spoiler:
They finally got Amanda out. I can't believe Elissa voted for her to stay though. And then for the double eviction to get Ellissa out, that was nice as well. She didn't say goodbye to anyone, and while I liked her better than Amanda, she seemed very snobby and unlikeable as well. The Jury house has to be upset they are getting both of them at once. I'd shoot myself.

And Spencer got HOH finally. Said he will put up GM and McCrae.

Right now, if I had to chose who I wanted to win, it would go: Judd, Spencer, McCrae, GM, Andy.

And this house may get boring now that Amanda and Elissa are out.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:47 am

newarenanow wrote:
the wicked child wrote:Finally caught up on Hell on Wheels. I love how far this show has come from the first season. I enjoyed The Game more than last week's episode, but it was still solid.

Yeah, I'm like HoW this season as well. I'm interested in what will happen to the Swede's story line.

Low Winter Sun has gotten better IMO, but I was thinking the same thing. Where is this going to go once this story line is complete. I can't see it having a super long shelf life. Maybe 2 or 3 seasons at the most.

I only watched the first two episodes of LWS, I want to keep watching it. I just got caught up on HoW the other day. Still so good. I wish the game would have ended with
Spoiler:
him actually killing that dude's son.
Last edited by Idoit40fans on Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby viva la ben on Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:47 am

I pretty much quit watching big brother after Judd came back. Judd is boring, Spencer is a pos. They would make one of the worst final 2 ever....almost as bad as dick and danielle
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Spangler on Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:56 pm

Judd is overrated. Sure he seems like a decent guy, but I don't get his popularity. I guess when you're in the house with the KKK you will look better.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:02 pm

Spangler wrote:Judd is overrated. Sure he seems like a decent guy, but I don't get his popularity. I guess when you're in the house with the KKK you will look better.

:lol: That could very well be true.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:02 pm

Judd is an idiot, has no social skills, and sucks in competitions. if he was on a season with a decent cast, he would've been gone a long time ago.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:29 pm

Caught up on Low Winter Sun... it's watchable, but not sure I care where it's going.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Hockeynut! on Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:38 pm

canaan wrote:Judd is an idiot, has no social skills, and sucks in competitions. if he was on a season with a decent cast, he would've been gone a long time ago.

Technically, he was. ;)
Hockeynut!
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby PensFanInDC on Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:45 pm

Hemlock Grove is not good. Its also not bad
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Hockeynut! on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:08 pm

Yeah, it's one of those, "It's something to watch" shows for me. I could take it or leave it.
Hockeynut!
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby relantel on Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:37 pm

Person of Interest due back 9-24 - new night. Last season's finale reairs 9-17, so we can finally watch the damn thing.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Eismann on Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:51 pm

Thought both season premiers of The League and Sunny were ok, but nothing special.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby the wicked child on Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:01 pm

Boardwalk Empire and Sons of Anarchy both starting up shortly. Starting tomorrow night, there will be 4 shows at 9PM that I want to watch, at least for a few more weeks. I do so love playing DVR tag to record all this crap.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:25 am

Newsroom has been renewed.

Watching The West Wing from the beginning. What a great show. My wife scoffed at this, but it might be the last great network drama. There have been some good shows on the big three and Fox, but nothing on that level.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:53 pm

the wicked child wrote:Boardwalk Empire and Sons of Anarchy both starting up shortly. Starting tomorrow night, there will be 4 shows at 9PM that I want to watch, at least for a few more weeks. I do so love playing DVR tag to record all this crap.

Sons this Tuesday!
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby relantel on Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:45 pm

It's bad news that BE is back tonight. Bad news in that we have to keep near current on everything else since we're 2+ seasons behind (26 eps) on the DVR already. At least Graceland and Burn Notice are down to their finales, just in time for the broader new seasons of stuff.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:06 pm

newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:52 pm

Ill wait for the Wonder Years box set.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby blackjack68 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:38 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:Ill wait for the Wonder Years box set.

Supposedly, there was some issue with the music rights for all the classic tunes they used on the show.
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby newarenanow on Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:23 am

blackjack68 wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:Ill wait for the Wonder Years box set.

Supposedly, there was some issue with the music rights for all the classic tunes they used on the show.

Yeah, I heard the same. Would be too expensive to put out on DVD becuase of music rights.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR