TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: TV Shows

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:57 pm

Not surprisingly, NBC has gotten worse since being purchased by Comcast purchased.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby relantel on Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:39 pm

watched the Sleepy Hollow pilot. Intrigued enough to watch again.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Mr. Colby on Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:29 pm

Andy Herren wins bb15, closing the book on the worst season ever Ginamarie comes in 2nd and hangs all over a visibly uncomfortable nick

And shockingly elissa won the 25k
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby eddysnake on Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:22 am

relantel wrote:watched the Sleepy Hollow pilot. Intrigued enough to watch again.

same here, bit hokey at times but pretty well done. Orlando Jones as the captain doesn't make sense to me and I'm pretty sure he's going to end up being the bad guy.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby newarenanow on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:13 am

Mr. Colby wrote:Andy Herren wins bb15, closing the book on the worst season ever Ginamarie comes in 2nd and hangs all over a visibly uncomfortable nick

Yep, I think Nick was really uncomfortable. I wish the cameras were on the jury members when they find out America hated most of them and some lost their jobs.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PensHckyFan79 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:19 am

newarenanow wrote:
Mr. Colby wrote:Andy Herren wins bb15, closing the book on the worst season ever Ginamarie comes in 2nd and hangs all over a visibly uncomfortable nick

Yep, I think Nick was really uncomfortable. I wish the cameras were on the jury members when they find out America hated most of them and some lost their jobs.

My wife loves Big Brother so I have to sit through the majority of the shows. Surprised Andy won, but I guess the jury likes back stabbing. I don't understand why Elissa won the MVPs (early in the season) and the 25K for Americas choice. She was 2 notches below her sister as most un-watchable house guest ever.
PensHckyFan79
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby the wicked child on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:23 am

I don't watch Big Brother, but any time the general public is involved in voting for anything, I am reminded of a classic Carlin quote:

George Carlin wrote:Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:29 am

PensHckyFan79 wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

My wife loves Big Brother so I have to sit through the majority of the shows. Surprised Andy won, but I guess the jury likes back stabbing. I don't understand why Elissa won the MVPs (early in the season) and the 25K for Americas choice. She was 2 notches below her sister as most un-watchable house guest ever.

I don't mind him winning, he played a great game IMO. In my mind, in order to win a game like this, you are going to have to backstab and lie. As long as it doesn't get on a personal level, I wouldn't mind it. He did it in a way that he was hidden and never really was the target, which is difficult IMO.

No, about Elissa, I agree she was unwatchable. Big Brother screwed up this year with the MVP. She had a built in fanbase already which gave her a nice handicap. I knew from Day1 she was going to get the 25K.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby relantel on Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:37 am

Watched the survivor premiere last night, whopping 27th season (over 15 years or so). I've not followed very closely for a while, but as my wife and daughter still watch, we watched the first ep. It does well in changing up the format some...
Spoiler:
by bringing in 10 pairs of castaways - 10 returning players and a relative of each - wife/husband/daughter/neice/girlfriend/fiance/brother/etc.

It's the twists upon that that make it interesting:
Spoiler:
Each pair starts off with their loved one on the first night, thinking they are playing with their loved one.

Only in the morning gathering when they all meet, they are split into two tribes - the returning players and the newbie loved ones. Further twisted by an immediate vote by each tribe to vote someone off.

but that's not all.
Spoiler:
Redemption Island is back. With those initially voted off being the first two there.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:42 am

Has there been any reaction by the contestants about them getting fired after BB 15?

I tried to do a google search, and there was just one blog, but it was totally slanted against the house guests.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:18 pm

Survivor is in its 27th season?! Really?

I stopped watching awhile ago.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby relantel on Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:28 pm

the wicked child wrote:Survivor is in its 27th season?! Really?

I stopped watching awhile ago.

with 2 or so a year, goes by fast.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Eismann on Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:24 pm

Sunny was pretty good. Way more balanced than I expected for a gun episode.

I'll have to rewatch The League. Missed a lot of spots.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Spangler on Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:12 am

PensHckyFan79 wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

Elissa was only watchable when she performed yoga.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby the wicked child on Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:50 pm

So.. Hell On Wheels.
Spoiler:
Sounds like the Mcginest brothers... had themselves a Boston Tea party of a different sort. Also, I really don't like Eva right now.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:59 am

Eismann wrote:Sunny was pretty good. Way more balanced than I expected for a gun episode.

I'll have to rewatch The League. Missed a lot of spots.

Sucks I don't get the new FXX channel and can't watch these anymore. :(
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:16 am

Can't wait for the final season of HIMYM tonight. That and it will be nice to stare at Kats cleavage on 2 Broke Girls.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensHckyFan79 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:43 am

FreeCandy44 wrote:Can't wait for the final season of HIMYM tonight. That and it will be nice to stare at Kats cleavage on 2 Broke Girls.

Ditto. I think HIMYM is the only show I have seen every episode from start to end even if this season was horrible I have to watch it. My wife likes that 2 broke girls show and she is the only reason I watch it with her.
PensHckyFan79
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:50 am

FreeCandy44 wrote:Can't wait for the final season of HIMYM tonight. That and it will be nice to stare at Kats cleavage on 2 Broke Girls.

I'm excited too, although the buildup of meeting the mother is gone, which made the show what it is IMO. But it's nice it's the last season. Looking forward to how they wrap it up. We all know how it ends, but how do we get there.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby meecrofilm on Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:28 pm

I thought the most recent season was better than the one before it (not a tough to feat to accomplish, but still) so I'm cautiously optimistic about the final season.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby relantel on Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:43 pm

meecrofilm wrote:I thought the most recent season was better than the one before it (not a tough to feat to accomplish, but still) so I'm cautiously optimistic about the final season.

I still think we're in for a let-down.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby meecrofilm on Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:48 pm

Well yeah, I'd agree with that, but as long as I'm reasonably entertained throughout most of it, that'd be enough.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby viva la ben on Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:03 pm

Watching the pilot for Airwolf on g4
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby eddysnake on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:14 am

Sleepy Hollow continues to be good and pretty creepy, quite enjoying it, for good or bad, they really aren't holding anything back.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:18 am

What channel is that on, I definitely intend to watch it.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR