TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: TV Shows

Postby pittsoccer33 on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:21 am

canaan wrote:Starting watching agents of shield..it had a heroes season 1 vibe to it. i need to finish the episode today.

I never saw that but I liked the show's tie ins to the recent movies. I hated the hammy acting - thats why I don't watch many tv shows.

To me it looked as overacted as NCIS, which must be a good thing since that show is so popular.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby canaan on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:26 am

Its focused around Agent Coulson and has a bunch of off-characters, i believe. im not too familiar with the avengers series. Cobie Smulders was in the pilot.

You can tell it had a joss whedon vibe in the directing.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:28 am

I meant to say I never saw Heroes. I watched Shield
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby relantel on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:39 am

saw MJF on some late night show last night. Might have been Fallon but who the hell knows. Do I want to give his show a chance? Sure. Will it realistically fit into our TV schedule? No.

And... the Robin Williams show almost sounds like a variant on the failed William Shatner sitcom, @*&$@&* my Dad Says. Williams >>>>> Shatner in comedy, but the promos don't make it look too promising.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: PM me your email addy for invite to LGP Extra Attacker league

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:05 am

revolution is sitll on?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:09 am

Letang Is The Truth wrote:revolution is sitll on?

Hate that show.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DropEmJayBird on Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:34 am

I wish HBO's Life's Too Short would come back.
DropEmJayBird
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby eddysnake on Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:58 am

thought that I saw Walking Dead season 3 was coming to netflix streaming this weekend, but I don't see anything now. Is there a place to look to see whats coming out?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby PensFanInDC on Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:58 am

I wish John From Cincinnati would come back
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby llipgh2 on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:04 pm

blackjack68 wrote:
Did you see MJF on Curb? His role there was hilarious and I'm not a huge fan of that show.

I'll be watching tonight and rooting for him. Seems like a good guy hit with an evil disease. Wish him the best in what might be his last role.

I am a huge fan of Curb. And the MJF episodes were some of the funniest of the entire run of the series.

The previews of his new show had the same kind of feel as those Curb episodes. That's why I want to give it a chance.
llipgh2
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby pittsoccer33 on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:05 pm

eddysnake wrote:is that a good thing? In this shield show, are these made up superheroes for tv or does it actually take place in the marvel world with all the big dogs?

The pilot tied in debris left from the battle in NYC (Avengers) and Extremis technology (IM3).

I think the show will show them investigating the technologies discussed in the films like gamma radiation. They won't have to go fight Doctor Doom, but maybe they'll have to go after a terrorists group using Hydra weapons.

It would be really cool if sweeps episodes, or ones airing right around movie releases, can have the stars show up as guests. I could definitely see the end of the season tying into Captain America 2 and it's aftermath, since that will be very Shield heavy.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Rylan on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:08 pm

If Agents of SHEILD is done properly, the Avengers story line could be one of the coolest things to happen in awhile.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:14 pm

I think keeping the actors involved is the biggest challenge. Chris Hemsworth doesn't really like being Thor. He's not a naturally large guy - look at him in Star Trek. He has to keep a ridiculously restrictive diet and exercise program going keep in shape for the role.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:18 pm

woah never realized that was chris hemsworth
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby GSdrums87 on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:19 pm

If I was getting paid to diet and exercise and play pretend superhero, I'd be pretty damn satisfied.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby relantel on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:22 pm

It was strange seeing The Swede (from HoW) guesting in a Castle episode from early in the year, playing a frenchman in the episode "Hunt". (We are at least caught up to that point now, despite the new season of Castle having already started - yet only 3 eps behind in HoW). And although I looked up the actor's name, it is so much easier to call him the Swede.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: PM me your email addy for invite to LGP Extra Attacker league

Postby pittsoccer33 on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:22 pm

GSdrums87 wrote:If I was getting paid to diet and exercise and play pretend superhero, I'd be pretty damn satisfied.

Thats the other problem - their original contracts didn't pay them that much, at least not compared to Avengers grossing a billion dollars.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/robert- ... ons-fight/

First and foremost Marvel does not have Downey in place yet. ”They need him, and they don’t have him. He’s got a lot of leverage,” one insider tells me. Much less so Scarlett Johannsen (paid to pop up in Marvel movie after movie), Chris Evans (whom some sources say made his deal for Avengers 2 when he signed for Captain America 2), Chris Hemsworth (a much bigger star now than before and unsigned for Avengers 2), Mark Ruffalo (whose Hulk role already was cast 3 times and could be the most vulnerable), Jeremy Renner (probably grateful for more exposure), Samuel L. Jackson (Scarlett’s doppelganger) among others who were paid pittances for their first movies, not much better for the sequels, and are counting on at least $5 million upfront and better back ends for Avengers 2. That means much better than what Marvel claimed was Avengers’ break-even point: a whopping $1.1 billion in global grosses. (“If Avengers wasn’t profitable until then, why would you make it?” one rep pointedly asked Marvel top execs Kevin Feige and Louis Esposito.)
Last edited by pittsoccer33 on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Rylan on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:24 pm

pittsoccer33 wrote:I think keeping the actors involved is the biggest challenge. Chris Hemsworth doesn't really like being Thor. He's not a naturally large guy - look at him in Star Trek. He has to keep a ridiculously restrictive diet and exercise program going keep in shape for the role.

Luckily with Thor most of his time will be spent in Asgaard away from Earth. But for characters like Captain America, Nick Fury, Black Widow, and Iron Man; its their world that Agents takes place within. Now, I don't expect these characters to show up often or at all really. Maybe a few sound bites on occasion, but nothing more than that. I could see other Marvel characters showing up like Iron Fist, Nova, Wasp, Luke Cage, and Black Panther making appearances.

There is so much potential with this show and the upcoming Civil War that should occur that excites me.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:25 pm

Who is Chris Hemsworth in Star Trek?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:25 pm

George Kirk
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:27 pm

So he's in it for like 70 seconds? That explains how I didn't remember him.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:28 pm

pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:31 pm

JJ Abrams Lens Flare (TM)
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:38 pm

Better quote from that article

Already a lot of brinkmanship played out for Captain America 2 and Thor 2. Calling it the “weirdest experience”, one rep still can’;t believe Marvel offered “only a $500,000 raise and then would pay another $500,000 when the movie hits $500M. Are they out of their minds?” When it was pointed out to Marvel that Hemsworth already had received $5M for his starring role in Snow White And The Huntsman, the studio shot back, ”I don’t know why you’re complaining when Marvel only has hit movies.”

What Marvel is doing is really groundbreaking. They're making movies the way production companies make tv shows. That's why you have tv guys like Joss Whedon and the Russo brothers (Community) running these movies - they're used to working episodically as part of a larger narrative.

I really do hope they can further tie the tv show to the films. I was kind of hoping Shield would use some of the Avengers musical score but that didn't happen.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Dickie Dunn on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:47 pm

pittsoccer33 wrote:I think keeping the actors involved is the biggest challenge. Chris Hemsworth doesn't really like being Thor. He's not a naturally large guy - look at him in Star Trek. He has to keep a ridiculously restrictive diet and exercise program going keep in shape for the role.

You left out the steroids cycle (or two).
Dickie Dunn
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to NHR