TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: TV Shows

Postby pittsoccer33 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:48 pm

I can't decide what is the best part of this
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby relantel on Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:02 pm

Castle...
caught up to the episode that aired on 4.22 ("The Squab and the Quail"), missing from our DVR, and too late to watch on Hulu, as they have flipped over to current new season only. The DVR had frozen up when this ep reaired in September, and didn't record. We watched the 4.29 one, the restrospective memory ep during the bomb crisis, so two more left in the old season to go. Happened again last week, but that's new enough that it is on Hulu. Amazon has it for 1.99 as an option if we really want to see that one, but it doesn't seem like we missed much of the longer story arc.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Gaucho on Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:32 pm

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
eddysnake wrote:Homeland: I'm not sure what's happening with Brody, didn't expect that on the latest episode. Back to season 1 quality, really enjoy the politics of this. how creepy was the doctor?

oh man huge creep

The same actor, Eric Dellums, played a pathologist in The Wire.

The mosque in Caracas is the second largest mosque in Latin America.

csb?
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:24 pm

Frank, get out of here. You're interrupting boyz II men practice.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Shyster on Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:45 pm

No new South Park tonight because South Park Studios experienced a power outage yesterday and consequently didn't get the show finished on time.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Chefpatrick871 on Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:47 am

Holy crap, just watched the entire first season of american horror story, unreal.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:06 am

this season so far has been meh for me
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Troy Loney on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:10 am

After reading a DFW article on David Lynch, I finally started watching Twin Peaks. Way late to that party, but I somehow got the GF to agree to watch it too and we started last night. So far, only observation is that people had terrible haircuts back in the 90's.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Gaucho on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:17 am

I <3 Twin Peaks.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby relantel on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:51 am

Criminal minds introduced the new section chief last night... (actor who played Adama's father in Caprica)

CSI -
Spoiler:
as we all knew Elisabetta & Hodges wouldn't last
and
Spoiler:
Marg Helgenberger is back for the 300th ep next week
and hadn't realized that William Petersen is still involved as an executive producer on the show even though he's not been on it as an actor (regular cast) in almost 5 years.

AHS - anyone else get the impression that this was like part 2 of a three part series premiere?

Person - twists and an ending not often seen
Spoiler:
as John lets the subject die

New Girl - part funny, part labored. Jon Lovitz guested as a Rabbi. Storyline was more unified than usual.

Sleepy Hollow - sandman ep - I think someone else already observed this, but in a small way it was like it worked a primarily episodic plot into the longer plot arc with only slight development of the latter. Not sure that show can survive long that way.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:24 am

Gaucho wrote:I <3 Twin Peaks.

Yup. Rather upset it's only 2 seasons.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Gaucho on Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:39 am

PensFanInDC wrote:

True, but the series was going nowhere fast from about midway of the second season on.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:49 am

Finally watched last week's episode of Person of Interest... GREAT episode. Best one in some time.
Spoiler:
It helped that they were trying to follow less story lines at once I'm sure, but it was very very well done. The entire episode had you changing your mind constantly over whether the lawyer was guilty or not and the way it ended was brilliant.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby relantel on Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:47 pm

the wicked child wrote:Finally watched last week's episode of Person of Interest... GREAT episode. Best one in some time.
Spoiler:
It helped that they were trying to follow less story lines at once I'm sure, but it was very very well done. The entire episode had you changing your mind constantly over whether the lawyer was guilty or not and the way it ended was brilliant.

Any hope they can put two in a row together like that?
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:57 pm

I'm not sure they can really replicate that kind of scenario every week (after awhile, we wouldn't buy the initial 4 conclusions if we know the fifth will be right)... but they did an excellent job of using all the characters that were in the show, unlike the episode that had Shaw, Zoe, Root, etc all in one episode... just too much going on there.

If they can stick to a specific set of stories instead of trying to cram everyone into each episode, it will be better for it.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Troy Loney on Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:04 am

Gaucho wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:

True, but the series was going nowhere fast from about midway of the second season on.

I think I'm right at this point. Watched up to about episode 11 of season two.

Spoiler:
Leeland is dead and Cooper is being investigtaed by the internal affairs people. Something happened with Bobby's dad in the woods and that seems interesting....but are you saying nothing else really happens? Leo has to wake up right? (and hopefully just kill Bobby, or if someone else would just kill Bobby i'd be fine with that)
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Gaucho on Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:23 am

Troy Loney wrote:
Gaucho wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:

Spoiler:
Leeland is dead and Cooper is being investigtaed by the internal affairs people. Something happened with Bobby's dad in the woods and that seems interesting....but are you saying nothing else really happens? Leo has to wake up right? (and hopefully just kill Bobby, or if someone else would just kill Bobby i'd be fine with that)

Spoiler:
I'm not going to spoiler anything, but if in the end you're left wondering what the whole James storyline was all about, I can assure you that Lnych probably didn't know either.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Troy Loney on Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:29 am

Spoiler:
Oh right, that just started too. Seems like he's about to hook up with some older woman. Well, so far I think it's been two episodes since Leeland died. Nothing interesting at all has happened. I don't care about Lucy, Hank and his prison buddy or Cooper's conduct investigation. I want to know how Bob is going to come back, what the deal with Josie is, what is going to happen to Catherine and Ben's plan and if Leo comes back to life. Does anything develop there or can I just skip to the finale and then watch Fire Walk with Me?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:29 am

Gaucho wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
Gaucho wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I'm not going to spoiler anything, but if in the end you're left wondering what the whole James storyline was all about, I can assure you that Lnych probably didn't know either.

Spoiler:
that's ok, because we can just rewatch his song over and over and everything will be fine

eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Gaucho on Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:39 am

Troy Loney wrote:
Spoiler:
Oh right, that just started too. Seems like he's about to hook up with some older woman. Well, so far I think it's been two episodes since Leeland died. Nothing interesting at all has happened. I don't care about Lucy, Hank and his prison buddy or Cooper's conduct investigation. I want to know how Bob is going to come back, what the deal with Josie is, what is going to happen to Catherine and Ben's plan and if Leo comes back to life. Does anything develop there or can I just skip to the finale and then watch Fire Walk with Me?

Spoiler:
I'm not sure how to answer this. There will be some... loose ends. But keep on watching.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby relantel on Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:03 am

the wicked child wrote:I'm not sure they can really replicate that kind of scenario every week (after awhile, we wouldn't buy the initial 4 conclusions if we know the fifth will be right)... but they did an excellent job of using all the characters that were in the show, unlike the episode that had Shaw, Zoe, Root, etc all in one episode... just too much going on there.

If they can stick to a specific set of stories instead of trying to cram everyone into each episode, it will be better for it.

Kind of like how CI in particular would alternate focused detective sets later it its run? SVU would do this from time to time when Stabler was still on the show but lately it's been all hands on deck, almost like they know this is the final season.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:11 pm

Chris Hardwick has a new game show at midnight on Comedy Central. Its very funny...and that is all.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shmenguin on Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:34 am

this week on HIMYM: please god make it stop!

man, they're really trying to make allison hannigan look like a bag of trash this year. at least the best character on the show is exclusively in scenes with a new character that no one cares about.

...and that cranky priest died. hilarious!!
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby relantel on Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:17 am

At least they hinted on the mother again last night. Which is more than the previous week.
Spoiler:
I find the Marshall drive-across-the-country storyline tiring. And a promo for a halloween themed episode in the middle of a wedding weekend that is otherwise in the spring? Yoi.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shmenguin on Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:47 am

relantel wrote:At least they hinted on the mother again last night. Which is more than the previous week.
Spoiler:
I find the Marshall drive-across-the-country storyline tiring. And a promo for a halloween themed episode in the middle of a wedding weekend that is otherwise in the spring? Yoi.

was jason segal unavailable for most of the shooting? that's the only possible reason i can think of why this arc is taking place.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR