TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: TV Shows

Postby the wicked child on Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:10 pm

JeffDFD wrote:I missed this back in November, but Hell on Wheels was renewed for a 4th season. It could even be posted earlier in this thread for all I know. I was coming here to see if anyone heard anything, but did a quick search first and saw it was renewed for 13 episodes.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/1 ... mc/215845/

I thought the show really hit its stride last season so it is good to see it will be sticking around. I wonder how they will pick up from the last episode with Common and all that.

Edit: I was curious, and it was posted about in this thread back when the article was written, but no one ever said the show name - just posted the link - so I probably skimmed over it in between posts of the shows I don't watch that you all talk about here. Nice to know I am not the only one who watches it!

yeah, I think we usually just say HoW... there are at least a few of us watching it. And I definitely agree... this show has just been getting better and better. I was kinda on the fence after season 1 which I felt was sometimes great, sometimes boring as crap... but they have really come a long way.

I was concerned that moving it to Saturday was a kiss of death, but from what I read, their ratings were actually the best of any season.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JeffDFD on Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:56 pm

the wicked child wrote:
JeffDFD wrote:I missed this back in November, but Hell on Wheels was renewed for a 4th season. It could even be posted earlier in this thread for all I know. I was coming here to see if anyone heard anything, but did a quick search first and saw it was renewed for 13 episodes.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/1 ... mc/215845/

I thought the show really hit its stride last season so it is good to see it will be sticking around. I wonder how they will pick up from the last episode with Common and all that.

Edit: I was curious, and it was posted about in this thread back when the article was written, but no one ever said the show name - just posted the link - so I probably skimmed over it in between posts of the shows I don't watch that you all talk about here. Nice to know I am not the only one who watches it!

yeah, I think we usually just say HoW... there are at least a few of us watching it. And I definitely agree... this show has just been getting better and better. I was kinda on the fence after season 1 which I felt was sometimes great, sometimes boring as crap... but they have really come a long way.

I was concerned that moving it to Saturday was a kiss of death, but from what I read, their ratings were actually the best of any season.

That article says Saturday is traditionally their "western" night or something. I DVR it, so I do not really care, but I enjoy it. The first couple of seasons were just all over the place with a bunch of sometimes pointless side stories/distractions. I think they finally found a way to progress the main story line and sprinkle in the other characters/side stories without losing too much focus. I am still perplexed at the whole random bear attack and what they are going to do there. I enjoyed Common's character and they really need that story line in the post Civil War era. So he either survives or the other main guy that leads the ex-slave workers is going to get a main role.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby the wicked child on Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:58 pm

yeah, the bear attack was beyond bizarre...
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby relantel on Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:09 am

Grays takes a two month hiatus in the middle of
Spoiler:
Kepner's wedding....
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shoeshine boy on Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:34 am

relantel wrote:Grays takes a two month hiatus in the middle of
Spoiler:
Kepner's wedding....

I wish someone would just put this show out of it's misery. I'm sticking with it because I've come this far so I might as well see it through. once Sandra Oh leaves it will get exponentially harder to watch.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby shoeshine boy on Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:39 am

count2infinity wrote:I was listening to the radio this morning and show host pitched an idea for a reality TV show, and I'm curious if this is something others have heard of it before or if it's original, because I think it's hilarious. He said he came up with it from watching Modern Family, and found out that Cam (the very flamboyant one of the gay couple) isn't actually gay in real life. He thought he was one of the best characters on the show so he said this is what lead him to the TV show idea... here's the premise:

12 guys. 11 gay and one straight guy. They vote people out big brother style. The prize? If they can vote the straight guy out, whoever is left in the house wins one million dollars to split. If the straight guy gets to the final 2, he wins the million dollars.

Here's the twist:
Spoiler:
every single one of them is actually straight. they just THINK they're the only straight one. The remaining two split the million. I know there'd be an uproar over how horrible it is (political correctness and all that...), but I would watch the crap out of that show.

I like the twist but I could swear there was already a show that did something similar.
Spoiler:
the sad part would be watching the straight guys try to "act gay". what could be more interesting is a show where the gay guy tries to platonically flush out the straight guys. I can see it now, "Gaydar, next on ABC!"
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:41 am

I would watch either one of those shows.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:51 am

i'd see it playing out like the Gob/Tony Wonder situation in arrested development S4
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:55 pm

this gentleman will be watching season 1 of the wire over the next week or so. discuss.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby blackjack68 on Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:00 pm

shoeshine boy wrote:
relantel wrote:Grays takes a two month hiatus in the middle of
Spoiler:
Kepner's wedding....

I wish someone would just put this show out of it's misery. I'm sticking with it because I've come this far so I might as well see it through. once Sandra Oh leaves it will get exponentially harder to watch.

But there will be a lot less overwrought crying.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Gaucho on Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:02 pm

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:this gentleman will be watching season 1 of the wire over the next week or so. discuss.

Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby skullman80 on Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:03 pm

I tried watching Grey's Anatomy last night since my wife loves the show... I didn't make it more than 10 minutes before I couldn't watch anymore.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Gaucho on Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:05 pm

It will be a good week for you, Kenny.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Crankshaft on Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:16 pm

Looks like Brian is back on Family Guy.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby eddysnake on Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:10 am

Homeland Finale:

Spoiler:
felt more like a series finale. Not sure where this is going next year, but it feels like every story connected with the last 3 years is wrapped up. What's next?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby WDWBurghGooner on Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:17 am

eddysnake wrote:Homeland Finale:

Spoiler:
felt more like a series finale. Not sure where this is going next year, but it feels like every story connected with the last 3 years is wrapped up. What's next?

Totally agree with that. I had the same exact thought on your first point.
WDWBurghGooner
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby shmenguin on Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:30 am

i don't think survivor was nearly as good as it was being made out to be this season, but it's nice to see a deserving person win again.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shoeshine boy on Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:51 am

Crankshaft wrote:Looks like Brian is back on Family Guy.

not one bit surprised.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:28 pm

Finally finished Twin Peaks. So did Lynch know the show was ending and just rushed the final episode? I saw the final scene coming before we even started season 2. It was obvious to me at least. Great show, great "finale" even if it seemed rushed. I recommend anyone take the time to stream it on Netflix.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby relantel on Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:44 pm

thank god most everything is repeats this week. Chance to catch up on stuff, like Sleepy Hollow. And funny, the repeat tonight of Sleepy Hollow is the episode we just watched last night - the John Doe episode from early October (14th maybe?). Think only HIMYM is new this week of our upstairs rotations.

And I finally finished the 2nd episode of season 2 of Boardwalk Empire - only 34 episodes behind now, all on the DVR.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Troy Loney on Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:46 pm

from what i understand, they rushed the show to reveal Laura's killer. not sure about the finale though, i think he knew that was the end of it after season two...but if he was rushed to end the show....didn't really seem that way to me with 20+ season two episodes.

But this was 20+ years removed from when the show was on...no clue how that was being aired on TV
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:52 pm

PensFanInDC wrote:Finally finished Twin Peaks. So did Lynch know the show was ending and just rushed the final episode? I saw the final scene coming before we even started season 2. It was obvious to me at least. Great show, great "finale" even if it seemed rushed. I recommend anyone take the time to stream it on Netflix.

I think the 2nd season had a lot of issues, ABC switched time slots and pushed for Lynch to reveal the murderer. He was away for a lot of it for a movie he was making. Kyle MacLachlan made the writers change a bunch of stuff around. From what it sounds like, by the time Lynch could come back full time to the show, it was too late.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Crankshaft on Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:55 pm

shoeshine boy wrote:

not one bit surprised.

Seth McFarland's tweet re: them killing off Brian last night was pretty funny. I can't link to it.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby MRandall25 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:07 pm

Crankshaft wrote:
shoeshine boy wrote:

not one bit surprised.

Seth McFarland's tweet re: them killing off Brian last night was pretty funny. I can't link to it.

Yes you can :pop::

@SethMacFarlane 15h
I mean, you didn't really think we'd kill off Brian, did you? Jesus, we'd have to be ******* high.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Crankshaft on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:11 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
shoeshine boy wrote:

not one bit surprised.

Yes you can :pop::

@SethMacFarlane 15h
I mean, you didn't really think we'd kill off Brian, did you? Jesus, we'd have to be ******* high.

That's not linking it. That's copy/paste & censoring. :pop:
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to NHR