TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: TV Shows

Postby the wicked child on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:05 pm

Another good episode of True Detective.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:22 pm

This episode of sherlock is excellent so far.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:50 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:This episode of sherlock is excellent so far.

Is this the second or third?
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Idoit40fans on Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:08 pm

Second.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby columbia on Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:45 pm

Word was up with that ending?
Such a good show so far.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby eddysnake on Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:19 am

Idoit40fans wrote:This episode of sherlock is excellent so far.

Good to hear, while the first wasn't bad, it didn't feel up to par with past episodes
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby newarenanow on Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:11 am

Been enjoying AHS:Coven, can't wait until season finale this week.

Been not enjoying The Neighbors as much as last year. Still will watch, but can't see it lasting much longer.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby relantel on Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:00 am

we watched the 2nd ep of True Detective last night. Solid but not as good as the first one.

Finally watched the first two hours of Klondike last night. Kind of slow in places. But good enough I kept through the full two hours.

Forgot about Black Sails. Assume Starz will run that during the week leading up to the next one.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby relantel on Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:01 am

oh, and watched last week's HIMYM. Actually it was one of the better ones in a while.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eddysnake on Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:04 am

Going to give Black Sails a shot, but after seeing the preview, I'm having a tough time seeing Jodi from Shameless as a pirate
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby blackjack68 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:25 am

relantel wrote:we watched the 2nd ep of True Detective last night. Solid but not as good as the first one.

Finally watched the first two hours of Klondike last night. Kind of slow in places. But good enough I kept through the full two hours.

Forgot about Black Sails. Assume Starz will run that during the week leading up to the next one.

It's on about 17 more times before next Saturday's new episode.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby WDWBurghGooner on Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:10 pm

Klondike was entertaining but I can't see myself having any desire to watch it again in the future.
WDWBurghGooner
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby blackjack68 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:31 pm

So Ted married Zooey Deschanel?
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby meecrofilm on Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:52 pm

I don't remember her name, but she is >> than current Zooey D.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:31 pm

Great HIMYM episode imo. Can't wait to hear the complaints
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby blackjack68 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:26 am

I liked that it brought back several old references from the show. Ted teaching the wrong class, Puzzles the bar, etc.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby viva la ben on Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:33 am

WDWBurghGooner wrote:Klondike was entertaining but I can't see myself having any desire to watch it again in the future.

I thought it started out great and fizzled out.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby eddysnake on Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:30 am

latest True Detective was so good...

Spoiler:
I probably wouldn't have caught it, but over the weekend I was flipping through channels and Kingpin was on and Woody says "you don't mow another mans lawn" after punching Ishmael in the bar. Said it to mcconaughey in the show, thought that was pretty funny, can't be a coincidence.

Aside from funny, the ending was pretty creepy. I love how they showed Reggie from a far with the gas mask and machete as he's walking like bigfoot all over the great dreams/monster speech Rust is saying, thought I was going to have nightmares.

Finally, this could be nothing, but towards the end there was a scene where they were showing different pictures of the girls bodies and then they cut to the guys dancing with their gals, was one of those pictures Maggie or the girl Rust was dancing with?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shmenguin on Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:04 am

PensFanInDC wrote:Great HIMYM episode imo. Can't wait to hear the complaints

not really a "funny" episode, but i enjoyed the tie-ins to the main characters and plot. i didn't really enjoy much else, though. they were asking us to invest a lot in a character that we have very little connection with, so the mother's drama rang pretty hollow. it would take something special in writing and performance to have her character carry a whole episode. i don't think they pulled it off, so it felt like a so-so pilot for another show for the most part.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:09 am

shmenguin wrote:

not really a "funny" episode, but i enjoyed the tie-ins to the main characters and plot. i didn't really enjoy much else, though. they were asking us to invest a lot in a character that we have very little connection with, so the mother's drama rang pretty hollow. it would take something special in writing and performance to have her character carry a whole episode. i don't think they pulled it off, so it felt like a so-so pilot for another show for the most part.

It may have been. I think there are rumors that there is going to be a show called HIMYF based off her side of the story after HIMYM is done.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shoeshine boy on Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:10 am

I really hate Blacklist. in a good way.

Spoiler:
the wait during the Olympics is going to be excruciating!
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby shmenguin on Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:15 am

newarenanow wrote:
shmenguin wrote:

It may have been. I think there are rumors that there is going to be a show called HIMYF based off her side of the story after HIMYM is done.

yeah, i was thinking about that in the first scene at the bizarro maclaren's. i was worried the entire episode would be them pumping up these new characters. i was relieved that wasn't the case.

but since they established last night that this chick was banging zero dudes for 7 years, i don't know how they could make a whole series about her story.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby WDWBurghGooner on Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:38 am

shmenguin wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
shmenguin wrote:

yeah, i was thinking about that in the first scene at the bizarro maclaren's. i was worried the entire episode would be them pumping up these new characters. i was relieved that wasn't the case.

but since they established last night that this chick was banging zero dudes for 7 years, i don't know how they could make a whole series about her story.

I don't think Ted's wife is the main character in HIMYF. I think it is a totally new character.
WDWBurghGooner
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby WDWBurghGooner on Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:40 am

viva la ben wrote:
WDWBurghGooner wrote:Klondike was entertaining but I can't see myself having any desire to watch it again in the future.

I thought it started out great and fizzled out.

Agreed. A number of the storylines that were built up didn't really pay off in a satisfying way.
WDWBurghGooner
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby shmenguin on Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:43 am

WDWBurghGooner wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
shmenguin wrote:

I don't think Ted's wife is the main character in HIMYF. I think it is a totally new character.

unless that lady is played by jason segal, that show is doomed.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR