TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: TV Shows

Postby newarenanow on Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:32 am

relantel wrote:Coven: did not see that coming.

Still need to watch it. Can't wait to watch it tonight when my baby is up crying.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Dickie Dunn on Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:40 am

Gaucho wrote:True Detective

Spoiler:
Anyone seen the owl in the church in Episode 2? I thought I was seeing things, but it's definitely there. And that's it - it's just sitting there. So creepy and yet so cool. Nice touch.

Spoiler:
I noticed the owl. That's one of the things I really like about the show. It just has this natural, eerie aura to it.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby PensFanInDC on Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:59 am

I love seeing Harrelson with a full head of hair. Reminds me of his Cheers days.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shoeshine boy on Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:34 am

pittsoccer33 wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:One thing I hate about TV police procedurals is that they inevitably run too long and the lead detective has some sort of nemesis that hunts the detective's family down and/or has a really absurd vendetta. All the Law and Orders, CSIs, NCISs have done this...so lame. Having only one season with these characters, True Detective won't run into these scenarios...I think.

This is the 15th year of SVU. For some reason I can say I've seen every episode of the show. But this is the first year they've tried doing something similar to that. Thats probably because for most the shows life the episodes are about the crimes and the victims and less about the detectives.

imo the original L&O jumped the shark in the final episode of either 95 or 96 (forget which year) when they spent an entire show dealing with the cops and attorneys reaction to a death penalty execution and killing off Jill Hennessy's character at the very end. up until that point the show had very little insight into the characters personal lives.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:06 am

I watched the AHS Coven finale last night. I thought this season was pretty good. It got better with each episode IMO. If I had to rank the 3 seaosns so far I'd say Coven was the best, Murder House, and then the Crazy House one. Looking forward to next season.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Troy Loney on Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:10 am

the wicked child wrote:Disagree that S3Ep2 of Sherlock is better than the first. It's still good mind you. I've felt roughly the same about every episode though.

Watched most of it last night. This might be my least favorite sherlock episode, and coincidentally in my opinion the least like any of the stories.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:44 am

Troy Loney wrote:
the wicked child wrote:Disagree that S3Ep2 of Sherlock is better than the first. It's still good mind you. I've felt roughly the same about every episode though.

Watched most of it last night. This might be my least favorite sherlock episode, and coincidentally in my opinion the least like any of the stories.

I thought it was one of the funnier episodes, but not the best by any means. I thought the first 2 seasons had the same pattern: 1st ep - amazing. 2nd ep- good. 3rd ep - amazing. This season has felt completely different and I don't think they are bad, it just doesn't feel up to past seasons. I think it's because the lack of continuing story with a villian. He's been there, but not the main theme... Andrew Scotts Moriarty was one of my favorite portrayals of a bad guy ever.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby relantel on Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:03 pm

Catching up on Person again last night. Ep where the con man pyschotherapist was conned. Maybe we are 7 eps behind now? Fortunately they're all on the DVR, unlike Arrow (missed an ep, but fortunate the one missed is still one of the last 5 and on Hulu. Not sure why whole season to date is not on there but no matter. SVU same way, except SVU's whole season is on Hulu. I managed to watch the one that was missed, but didn't start early enough, but that one is on the DVR. (We don't get much opportunity in our own basement with semi-permanent houseguest, so we clear the DVR by catching up on Hulu where we can)

Noticed the Suburgatory season premiere taped a few weeks ago. It being opposite Arrow hasn't got much tape time in our house but it is on Hulu as well.

Also, watched the season 3 premiere of Boardwalk Empire last night. Surprised how little they dealt with the deed issue.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby WDWBurghGooner on Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:21 pm

Troy Loney wrote:

I thought all the flashbacks at the wedding made the story too complicated and confusing. I had no idea what was going on until the end.
WDWBurghGooner
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pittsoccer33 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:58 pm

Last edited by pittsoccer33 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:02 pm

WDWBurghGooner wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

I thought all the flashbacks at the wedding made the story too complicated and confusing. I had no idea what was going on until the end.

I though that episode was amazing. I feel the same way as twc though, it was roughly as good as every other episode if the show.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby WDWBurghGooner on Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:30 am

Started the English version of The Office, really good so far. Great Cast: Ricky Gervais, Martin Freeman, Ragetti from Pirates of the Caribbean, and Dianne from Shaun of the Dead.
WDWBurghGooner
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Troy Loney on Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:32 am

Idoit40fans wrote:
WDWBurghGooner wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

I though that episode was amazing. I feel the same way as twc though, it was roughly as good as every other episode if the show.

I think it wrapped up pretty well. But I thought it was too sentimental.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby relantel on Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:46 pm

My wife was getting so annoyed at the short tease snippets for 24.

We actually gave Brooklyn 99 a chance last night. It wasn't bad. They are reairing the pilot at 8:30 tomorrow night, followed by a new ep at 9:30, taking Mindy's old slot (Mindy being on hiatus until April).

Caught up on Chicago Fire, and started watching Chicago PD. A bit of intermix on the characters as both are Dick Wolf universe, but I thought they set up the first two episodes really well of P.D.. The latter is centered around an intelligence unit headed by a Sgt Voight played by Jason Beghe. Jon Seda is a primary charcter, brother of one of the EMTs in Chicago Fire, and previously recurring role on Fire.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby relantel on Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:01 pm

Arrow:
Caught up to the mid-season finale that aired December 11th...
Spoiler:
Malcolm Merlyn is back. And the reveal that Slade Wilson is not dead after all... :shock:
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:01 pm

I recently got caught up throgh the last episode. Im one behind right now i think.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby relantel on Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:14 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:I recently got caught up throgh the last episode. Im one behind right now i think.

I was slowed down by having to watch s2e8 & s2e9 on the basement DVR at home (we have had a basement houseguest since November) before I could watch e10 and e11 on Hulu, where e12 is on the DVR. Hulu presently has the last five as 5-6-10-11-12. They must have reaired 5 & 6 before they aired 10? 9 had been on Hulu until 12 was posted. So at least now I can catch up all on Hulu if need be.

The other one I need to catch up on is Castle, think we've maybe watched 4 eps of the current season? That and watching the rest of S1 The Following - think we're on the fifth ep. (Guessing by timeslot, 9pm Monday, that Sleepy Hollow is done or on hiatus?
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:29 pm

I fell off of castle a coulle seasons ago. I want to catch up but im not sure if i will happen.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Eismann on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:16 am

Watched the Archer Vice episode last night. #4 of this season, I think. Had no idea what was going on. Audio was kind of wacky. Thin Amazon coked-out Pam was pretty hawt, though.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:55 pm

This gentleman just brushed up on the 24 thread from 2007-2010. Lots of gems in that thread.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby FreeCandy44 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:02 pm

Solid episode of HIMYM, im surprised the hatred for the last season. If you have watched it since the first episode you should love how they are tieing everything together and rewarding you for remembering all the little things.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:05 pm

I think S3E3 of Sherlock was far and away the worst episode thus far.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:10 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:Solid episode of HIMYM, im surprised the hatred for the last season. If you have watched it since the first episode you should love how they are tieing everything together and rewarding you for remembering all the little things.

the final shot of the episode was comically terrible. like really, really terrible.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby relantel on Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:18 pm

Last night we watched mid ep 6 to mid ep 8 of The Following, about two full eps worth. Think it was Ep 7 that used for music a tune very similar to the Fever Ray tune that was the Vikings theme. (that pulsating feature in the lower registers stuck out to me)
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:58 pm

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:This gentleman just brushed up on the 24 thread from 2007-2010. Lots of gems in that thread.

I've watched one episode of 24 - it was the one where Jack had to kill his colleague (Clark Gregg?) to save the world or something. Interesting Sophie's Choice situation there. I might have to go back and watch it from the beginning.

Anyone watch Lilyhammer on Netflix? It stars Little Steven from the Sopranos and E-street Band, who stars as a mafia informant under witness protection in Norway. Above average, but not exceptional. My TV schedule is a bit light right now until Walking Dead and Game of Thrones comes back on, so I decided to give it a try.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to NHR