Deadliest Catch

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Deadliest Catch

Postby Jesse on Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:04 pm

EricMateya wrote:I, too, have been a huge fan of Captain Phil and the Cornelia Marie since season 1. The big question though... I wonder who is going to become captain of the Cornelia now that Phil is no longer with us? I'm calling the head engineer that took over when Phil had health complications in season 4, but I am not ruling out the oldest brother.

I think that Engineer's name was Murray. And if memory serves me correct he did terrible. Haha. I'm not sure either of the brothers are ready.

However, if you follow Phil's "Crab Farts" theory, you can easily find the crab.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby FreeCandy44 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:10 pm

steve784 wrote:
Dickie Dunn wrote:http://post-gazette.com/pg/10103/1049870-67.stm

Norwin grad captaining a ship this season. Cool beans.

Haha yes! I went to Norwin. This is by far the best thing to every happen to Norwin.

wow...I went to Norwin too. :scared: small world.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby viva la ben on Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:15 pm

I'll set it to record on my DVR since I watch LOST. These shows are good, but could use some fresh blood season after season...it's really becoming repetitive.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby nocera on Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:19 pm

viva la ben wrote:I'll set it to record on my DVR since I watch LOST. These shows are good, but could use some fresh blood season after season...it's really becoming repetitive.

Agreed. In the early seasons, there were one or two captains that came on for just the season. Discovery realized that the big four had the most interesting captains and crews.

I really liked the Early Dawn and the Maverick. The Wizard actually didn't come on the show until season 3.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JeffDFD on Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:21 pm

http://www.corneliamarie.com/

http://www.corneliamarie.com/featured/t ... lia-marie/

Talks about the new upcoming season and how Phil is, in fact, in it. Speaks to how Phil wanted the cameras to roll in the hospital, but if the footage will be shown is being left up to the family. There are several posts to the main website addressing most questions, but mainly if you want to know about who is in control of the ship:
Spoiler:
it says a family friend flew in to finish the season and the site talks more about it as well
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby the wicked child on Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:25 pm

I'm hooked on the show now as well. I will be DVRing it and watching it ? however, since LOST is on tonight and the Pens tomorrow.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby EricMateya on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:11 pm

Jesse wrote:
EricMateya wrote:I, too, have been a huge fan of Captain Phil and the Cornelia Marie since season 1. The big question though... I wonder who is going to become captain of the Cornelia now that Phil is no longer with us? I'm calling the head engineer that took over when Phil had health complications in season 4, but I am not ruling out the oldest brother.

I think that Engineer's name was Murray. And if memory serves me correct he did terrible. Haha. I'm not sure either of the brothers are ready.

However, if you follow Phil's "Crab Farts" theory, you can easily find the crab.

Hahaha, NICE... I forgot about the crab farts, a sure-fire way to catch them.
EricMateya
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby the wicked child on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:16 pm

crab farts ftw :thumb:

They raked the crab in like crazy too.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby EricMateya on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:19 pm

Wow... pretty shocking stuff going down right now, seems like its going to be an amazing season.
EricMateya
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby JeffDFD on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:41 pm

What was the rip taken at Keith about killing his brother? I haven't watched every episode of every season
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby llipgh2 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:46 pm

JeffDFD wrote:What was the rip taken at Keith about killing his brother? I haven't watched every episode of every season

I have, and I can't remember any incident where Monty almost died. Unless they weren't talking about Monty.

That little episode reminded me how much I despise Keith.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby the wicked child on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:53 pm

Last season, there was an incident where all of the Wizard crew got nailed by a powerful wave. His brother in particular suffered broken ribs. The whole crew was really beat up... Keith actually let his brother captain the ship when he first came back and he went down on the deck.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby llipgh2 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:55 pm

the wicked child wrote:Last season, there was an incident where all of the Wizard crew got nailed by a powerful wave. His brother in particular suffered broken ribs. The whole crew was really beat up... Keith actually let his brother captain the ship when he first came back and he went down on the deck.

I remember that, but I wouldn't consider that to be killing his brother.

Jonathan and Keith were talking about pretty personal stuff when fighting, maybe it had nothing with fishing and something that happened off the boat.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Jesse on Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:16 pm

I think they're talking about that big, rogue wave that you guys are alluding to.

If I remember, that entire thing was because Keith loaded up on pots so he wanted to drape a tarp over the front of the stack so that ice wouldn't build up and flip the boat. I remember that episode other Captains saying he had too much weight.

Keith made them go out and try and drape that tarp over the stack during the storm and Monty almost got wiped off the boat. Obviously Jonathan was a little out of line there because Keith took a little gamble inadvertantly.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby MWB on Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:16 pm

the wicked child wrote:Last season, there was an incident where all of the Wizard crew got nailed by a powerful wave. His brother in particular suffered broken ribs. The whole crew was really beat up... Keith actually let his brother captain the ship when he first came back and he went down on the deck.

Yeah, I think that's what he was talking about. I think Monty got pinned between some pots after the boat took a big wave.

This isn't the first time Keith has had trouble with another captain. A couple seasons ago Phil was pissed at him for putting pots right next to his. I get the feeling that Keith isn't that well liked by the others.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby the wicked child on Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:16 pm

Watching "best of season 5" now... Keith's attitude towards the "incident" makes me want to punch him in the face. Trying to claim it's worse to take a wave in the wheelhouse than on the deck... :face:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby llipgh2 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:01 am

the wicked child wrote:Watching "best of season 5" now... Keith's attitude towards the "incident" makes me want to punch him in the face. Trying to claim it's worse to take a wave in the wheelhouse than on the deck... :face:

I can't stand Keith. He is the only captain I dislike. I wished Jonathan would have beaten the crap out of him.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:03 am

FreeCandy44 wrote:
steve784 wrote:

Haha yes! I went to Norwin. This is by far the best thing to every happen to Norwin.

...penntrafford
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby mac5155 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:08 am

FreeCandy44 wrote:
steve784 wrote:

isnt norwin like the largest HS in the world?
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:22 am

Nah...id say Hempfield is the biggest "campus". Although they have completely changed the place since I was there.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby steve784 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:50 am

Nah Norwin isn't that big........I think my graduating class (2003) was like 320 or so.
steve784
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby count2infinity on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:53 am

i like to walk into the room when people are watching this and ask, "is this the episode where they catch the crabs?"
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Point Breeze Penguins on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:57 am

I think the "fight" between the captains was totally staged.

Other than that I look forward to this season.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby tonysoprano on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:59 am

Point Breeze Penguins wrote:I think the "fight" between the captains was totally staged.

Other than that I look forward to this season.

The thought crossed my mind - the shove seemed pretty genuine, and the comment about him killing his brother again seemed to me to be more a crappy comment someone really upset says, than something written. Obviously, either could be true.

Go kill your brother again! That's terrible.
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby the wicked child on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:23 pm

Ug. Watching this now. I'm not sure if it was staged, but I wouldn't be surprised if they played it up a bit for the cameras.

Jonathan's comments were very out of line... but I reiterate my distaste for Keith... once again acting like he didnt do anything wrong... such a dbag.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR