Deadliest Catch

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Deadliest Catch

Postby JeffDFD on Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:33 pm

Good episode this week with the storms and ice...but I am more looking forward to After the Catch.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby JeffDFD on Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:04 pm

Shame they let the whole C.M. thing go. Each side said 2 sentences then cursed each other out. Seems like a no win situation either way, big bro protecting little bro...little bro just being a smart ass making snide comments the whole time...shame.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby the wicked child on Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:06 pm

I stopped watching ATC after awhile... I have the rest DVR'd, but I'm not exactly in a hurry to go back and watch the rest. They might have thought putting the Harris boys and Derrick in the same room would make for good tv; but predictably, it was like some of the worst episodes of American Chopper when Paulie and Senior just screamed irrationally at each other.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby tonysoprano on Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:21 pm

JeffDFD wrote:Shame they let the whole C.M. thing go. Each side said 2 sentences then cursed each other out. Seems like a no win situation either way, big bro protecting little bro...little bro just being a smart ass making snide comments the whole time...shame.

Those two need to be punched.
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby tonysoprano on Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:22 pm

the wicked child wrote:I stopped watching ATC after awhile... I have the rest DVR'd, but I'm not exactly in a hurry to go back and watch the rest. They might have thought putting the Harris boys and Derrick in the same room would make for good tv; but predictably, it was like some of the worst episodes of American Chopper when Paulie and Senior just screamed irrationally at each other.

Indeed. It was an episode of Jersey Shore. There was nothing to watch - all you heard were expletives being edited out. Awful segment.
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Point Breeze Penguins on Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:24 pm

It was nice watching the captains slamming the kids and sticking up for Derrick.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby tonysoprano on Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:27 pm

Point Breeze Penguins wrote:It was nice watching the captains slamming the kids and sticking up for Derrick.

I totally agree - he has a reputation for knowing how to crab fish - they have a reputation for having a dad that knew how to crab fish. There's no way to stick up for them.
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby mac5155 on Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:46 am

I haven't been watching..but what do the hillstrands think if the whole CM situation?
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JeffDFD on Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:08 am

mac5155 wrote:I haven't been watching..but what do the hillstrands think if the whole CM situation?

It appeared as if they excused themselves for the segment where it was Derrick vs the boys.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby mac5155 on Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:09 am

JeffDFD wrote:
mac5155 wrote:I haven't been watching..but what do the hillstrands think if the whole CM situation?

It appeared as if they excused themselves for the segment where it was Derrick vs the boys.

I'm really surprised Jonathan hasn't tried to do more for the Harris boys as far as "business" goes.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JeffDFD on Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:22 am

mac5155 wrote:
JeffDFD wrote:

I'm really surprised Jonathan hasn't tried to do more for the Harris boys as far as "business" goes.

There was some talk before Derrick came out about how some of the captains pitched in to help them. It was discussed a bit earlier about how they did not have any quota and others chipped in, etc. The boys questioned the captains taking the route of "would you ever talk smack about my dad?" and went around the room...it appeared as if John Hillstrand was going to say something other than waht everyone else said (they all just said, "No, never"). Two mistakes here were no one talked about what was really said that was perceived as "talking smack" about Phil and John got cut off before he could really say anything. Later, it appeared that the boys took Derrick saying "your father did you a great disservice..." among other similar quotes as talking bad about Phil. It appeared to me as revisionist history...them trying to justify their poor attitudes and failures by coming up with the "you dissed Phil" angle.

Jake didn't say much at all, besides the occassional sarcastic comment. Josh did most of the talking along the lines of "you said I was an idiot and wouldn't teach me and talked bad about Phil." Derrick got to say that they promised to do things his way and he runs a tight ship and blah blah blah...watch the episode.

It seemed the mood of the captains was "Derrick runs a tight ship, and Phil's ship was a bit loosey goosey" as well as commenting that Derrick had a good fishing reputation.

Another mistake was nothing about Jake and drugs was discussed at all.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby JeffDFD on Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:34 am

Interesting back and forth from C.M. website...says some of the stuff I wish was on After the Catch:

http://www.corneliamarie.com/featured/c ... -speak-up/

Also, the main page has a little blurb on the situation from the new captain as well:

http://www.corneliamarie.com/
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby tonysoprano on Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:31 am

JeffDFD wrote:Another mistake was nothing about Jake and drugs was discussed at all.

I'm sure that was discussed beforehand, like he wouldn't be on the show unless they kept that out.

I'm not sure how you don't bring up the "you went to the airport with nothing but the clothes on your back - what were you running from if there were no drugs?"

But who wants to know the answer to THAT question?
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby JeffDFD on Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:44 am

tonysoprano wrote:
JeffDFD wrote:Another mistake was nothing about Jake and drugs was discussed at all.

I'm sure that was discussed beforehand, like he wouldn't be on the show unless they kept that out.

I'm not sure how you don't bring up the "you went to the airport with nothing but the clothes on your back - what were you running from if there were no drugs?"

But who wants to know the answer to THAT question?

Right...I figure it is something along those lines, but it was such a major story line, they should have at least mentioned it.

I feel Josh is being protective and trying to figure things out and is in a tough position. Jake just needs punched in the face really hard.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Point Breeze Penguins on Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:51 am

Ditto to the protection. You can see a ton of anger at both Jake and his dad. I think part of the reason he gets so worked up when Derrick mentioned his dad leaving him unprepared is because he knows its true.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby tonysoprano on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:22 am

Point Breeze Penguins wrote:Ditto to the protection. You can see a ton of anger at both Jake and his dad. I think part of the reason he gets so worked up when Derrick mentioned his dad leaving him unprepared is because he knows its true.

Derrick talked about him being unable to tie a basic knot that was necessary in a fisherman's life - that's either true or a blatant lie - and I didn't hear Josh exactly defend himself there.
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pugilist13 on Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:35 pm

Would have loved to see Derrick drop the Harris boys with one punch. What a pair of whiney tools. Theres always a future in the custodial arts after they lose the CM.
pugilist13
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Point Breeze Penguins on Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:02 pm

It amazes me how many folks on the DC website on Discovery Channel are protecting the boys.

http://community.discovery.com/eve/foru ... /811101106
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby the wicked child on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:38 pm

Nick's Nose. :shock:

Dead Birds. :scared:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:39 pm

And once again... happy to see Freddy in a good situation.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Point Breeze Penguins on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:55 pm

He is the man.

Ramblin' Rose... fail
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby the wicked child on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:12 pm

Hey, let's just dump all of our gear right here and hope for the best!
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Point Breeze Penguins on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:15 pm

Thankfully no Harris boys this week...
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby the wicked child on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:22 pm

Thankfully no Harris boys this week...