Just got a fabulous idea...

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Just got a fabulous idea...

Postby fourtKNOX on Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:32 pm

not to jinx the plan or anything... buttttttttttttt lets say that the ioc does wint the slots licensce and the pens do get a new arena... would it not be absolutely awesome... that the pens give the rights to IRON CITY beer... to promote their beer sales....

if the pens agreed to this in the for front... helping two pittsburgh corporations climb out of the cellar would be absolutely marvelous...

then... if the pens did that... possibly the stillers and pirates would follow in suit... come on now... do the rooneys need the money from coors or bud light to sale their beer at heinz... i dont think so...

and wouldnt it be awesome to see all the ppl coming to pnc park for the allstar game to choose between iron city... ic light... and old german! :P

ahhhhh my mouth is watering!
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,731
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:57 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Just got a fabulous idea...

Postby Mad City Mike on Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:37 pm

fourtKNOX wrote:
and wouldnt it be awesome to see all the ppl coming to pnc park for the allstar game to choose between iron city... ic light... and old german! :P

ahhhhh my mouth is watering!


If your mouth is watering for any IC product, you might want to have the doc examine your taste buds to make sure they're functioning properly :wink: . But then again, I'm spoiled by all the wonderful microbrews here in Wisconsin. The stores sell beers from all voer the country, but I have yet to find IC among them :D
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,823
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:14 am
Location: De Forest, WI

Re: Just got a fabulous idea...

Postby Ben Klingston on Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:39 pm

fourtKNOX wrote: then... if the pens did that... possibly the stillers and pirates would follow in suit... come on now... do the rooneys need the money from coors or bud light to sale their beer at heinz... i dont think so...

ahhhhh my mouth is watering!


My mouth is anything but watering. Ugh. Having to drink IC and only IC at a Pens game? No thanks.

It's a cool idea from the standpoint of saving Pittsburgh Brewing, but I don't want them getting exclusive rights @ a new arena.

As far as the Steelers following suit... no way they ever make IC exclusive at Heinz Field. Rolling Rock is king there. As it should be :D Mmmmm. I work with a guy who has major rolling rock ties, and they got 35 free SB tix from RR, through the Steelers.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,862
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:59 am
Location: Meeting Mario at Center Ice

Re: Just got a fabulous idea...

Postby fourtKNOX on Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:46 pm

Mad City Mike wrote:
If your mouth is watering for any IC product, you might want to have the doc examine your taste buds to make sure they're functioning properly :wink: . But then again, I'm spoiled by all the wonderful microbrews here in Wisconsin. The stores sell beers from all voer the country, but I have yet to find IC among them :D


yes i to have that problem since i just moved to albany... the distributors around here have seen ic products but not in the past year or so... couple stiller bars around here... trying to convince owners into getting a few cases here and there!
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,731
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:57 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Just got a fabulous idea...

Postby fourtKNOX on Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:47 pm

Ben Klingston wrote:
My mouth is anything but watering. Ugh. Having to drink IC and only IC at a Pens game? No thanks.

It's a cool idea from the standpoint of saving Pittsburgh Brewing, but I don't want them getting exclusive rights @ a new arena.

As far as the Steelers following suit... no way they ever make IC exclusive at Heinz Field. Rolling Rock is king there. As it should be :D Mmmmm. I work with a guy who has major rolling rock ties, and they got 35 free SB tix from RR, through the Steelers.


okay so rolling rock and iclight.... that would be great... i could live with that!
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,731
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:57 am
Location: Pittsburgh


Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DudeMan2766, npv708, skullman80, the wicked child and 8 guests


e-mail