Strange Dreams Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Strange Dreams Thread

Postby tifosi77 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:27 pm

When I was little, I had a recurring dream (like 8 or 9 times a year) that I was walking around the Air & Space Museum in Washington D.C. when the Galactic Empire attacked. AT-AT's and speeder bikes all over the Mall, F-16s getting waxed by TIE fighters. Then the Rebel Alliance would show up and repel the invaders.

I had another recurring dream that I was a Colonial Marine from "Aliens". That dream never ended very well.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,962
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:33 pm
Location: White-Juday Warp Field Interferometer

Re: Strange Dreams Thread

Postby littlemoonboot on Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:36 pm

For the longest time I had those recurring school dreams -- the ones where you are in school and they're telling you that you are going to flunk because you missed classes and need to make it up -- and I'd be telling them what BS that was, because I already had my college diploma.

I realized that it was because I felt held back and needed to do more with my life. I did. And the school dreams went away. :thumb:

There's always the teeth dreams, though. :lol:
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,508
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:04 pm
Location: @burgyhockey

Re: Strange Dreams Thread

Postby Froggy on Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:56 pm

i think i've probably described these in one post or another, but I have 3 that stand out...

-I am walking down a deserted highway, and I come across a stretch of road that is almost entirely covered by dead animals. I had to gingerly step around the animals to get along the road. woke up SCREAMING from that one...

-A palette cleanser... I was being chased by a giant bear made of cinnamon buns. His name was Cinna-bear.

-And a re-occurring one. LMB talking about teeth dreams reminded me of this. I occasionally have dreams that the fronts of all my teeth come off in one piece, like a mouthguard, and the backs of my teeth, along with all the exposed nerves are still left in my mouth. I probably have that one 2 or 3 times a year.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,844
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: Strange Dreams Thread

Postby RJW76 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:06 pm

That's another one. I constantly have dreams where my teeth are falling out. Usually I'm chewing gum or eating a candy bar and the teeths start popping out and sticking to them. I then try to use the logic that if I just keep the gum in my mouth, the teeth will be fine.

I also have dreams where I look in the mirror and I have a huge mullet.
RJW76
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,430
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: Here and There

Re: Strange Dreams Thread

Postby LeopardLetang on Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:48 am

i've never completely understood why some old threads shouldn't be bumped, so maybe i'll find out now. but i wasn't starting a new thread for a dream. i'm just putting it here because the subject originated from this message board and i just woke up and it's dominating my brain still.

specifically reminded of docemerick's link to some nasa blue something project where technology in the skies makes people believe god's talking to them etc.

but so i end up wedging my way between roy and pam types at a sleepover and it becomes evident i'm going to have a chance to sleep with pam. i even see her looking good in her underwear as we lie down together on a blow up mattress. but then the news (ala "miracle day" - if you've seen the previews) starts freaking out. there's something in the sky.

so pam and i go out to the street and into a park like at a concert on the grass with blankets and clumps of people and, behind looming trees, there are two moons in the sky - actually looking more like suns - and they start swirling around. i'm nervous and i try to nuzzle up to pam but she's kind of freaking out and pulls away. i start saying out loud potential explanations for what's going on but my semi-awake brain realizes i can't come up with a real explanation. then i hear weird static-electricity and see sun burst type flashes in the moon and i get weirded out and decide to look away. suddenly a police car comes by and smashes at about 25 mph into a car next to us. it's like "the happening" and almost everyone starts dying.

i jump out and start running sondering if i'm seconds from dying. but i'm not and i'm running and everyone seems like an enemy until i somehow end up with a bruce willis type. we're sneaking behind buildings and hear a non-threatening noise and investigate. turns out to be an old man coming out of a bathroom out into the street. i start walking off just satisfied he's not a dangerous alien invader-controlled human but i realize along with bruce willis that we have to help the guy so we take a chance and try heading to the woods. i start picking weird jumbled wires and needles out of my gums and wonder what they are. maybe i should stop chewing snuff.

i woke up and went back to sleep and happily got to dream about the sleepover again. i confronted pam about how she must not be serious about me because when i tried to get close to her in the other dream she denied me. i can't remember if that got resolved though. i ended up in a pavilion buffet line for a faimly reunion where fairly uninteresting events transpired.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,534
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: Altoona

Re: Strange Dreams Thread

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:50 am

I thought we had a thread like this...I just posted one of my dreams somewhere else the other day. I'll be back tomorrow, i've been sick lately and that always results in excellent dreams.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,601
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Strange Dreams Thread

Postby TheHammer24 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:52 am

Why Not Us wrote:This one happened to me a couple nights ago:

I was at Kennywood, where my girlfriend was set to marry an old co-worker from one of her previous jobs. Completely dumbfounded by this, she assured me that she would divorce him to marry me when I was ready. Also of note- I won keys to a car of my choice at one of the game stands and my deceased grandfather and Gary Bettman were in attendance.

I only seem to have nightmares about zombies, tornadoes, rats, an old job, and a return to high school.

I have dreams like this all of the time.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,156
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:28 pm

Re: Strange Dreams Thread

Postby mac5155 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:54 am

lol awesome! i'm glad you bumped this thread. Wednesday night I was in bed and I think i have mastered lucidity.. I had this dream that i have at least once a week that my teeth are crumbling apart to nothing and it actually comes with pain. I know its happening and it kind of makes me upset because of the pain that I feel when i have the dream. I know the dream is going on and I want to wake up to stop it but i cant wake myself up.. which is where I think the lucidity comes in: I can almost control it. It's super weird and freaky.. and the other night it actually got me so mad because I just wanted to go to sleep but I couldnt without having this painful dream first.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 48,057
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: Strange Dreams Thread

Postby mac5155 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:57 am

RJW76 wrote:That's another one. I constantly have dreams where my teeth are falling out. Usually I'm chewing gum or eating a candy bar and the teeths start popping out and sticking to them. I then try to use the logic that if I just keep the gum in my mouth, the teeth will be fine.

I also have dreams where I look in the mirror and I have a huge mullet.


ahh yes see my post below. mine are usually just crumbling out though.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 48,057
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: Strange Dreams Thread

Postby newarenanow on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:00 am

I haven't had any "weird" dreams lately, but when I do, usually I'm trying to run or fight, and for some reason, I feel like I'm either running in quicksand, or when I try to punch someone, I can't. I swing my arm, but it is like jello and the punch is ineffective. It's like I have no control over my motor skills.

There are a couple dreams where someone dies that is close to me, and I"m very upset, but then I realize that I'm just dreaming and they come back to life.

Does that happen to anyone else?
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,624
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: Strange Dreams Thread

Postby DocEmrick on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:02 am

www.dreammoods.com

Usually it's spot on
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,586
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:33 pm
Location: 39°6′32″N 76°46′17″W

Re: Strange Dreams Thread

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:04 am

newarenanow wrote:There are a couple dreams where someone dies that is close to me, and I"m very upset, but then I realize that I'm just dreaming and they come back to life.

Does that happen to anyone else?


I had a dream like that a couple weeks ago, and it was my wife..I was severely, severely rattled by it. I actually woke her up and just asked her to stay awake with me for a little while.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 57,917
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Strange Dreams Thread

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:05 am

newarenanow wrote:I haven't had any "weird" dreams lately, but when I do, usually I'm trying to run or fight, and for some reason, I feel like I'm either running in quicksand, or when I try to punch someone, I can't. I swing my arm, but it is like jello and the punch is ineffective. It's like I have no control over my motor skills.

There are a couple dreams where someone dies that is close to me, and I"m very upset, but then I realize that I'm just dreaming and they come back to life.

Does that happen to anyone else?


Are you sure you're not just abusing ether?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,601
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Strange Dreams Thread

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:07 am

mac5155 wrote:lol awesome! i'm glad you bumped this thread. Wednesday night I was in bed and I think i have mastered lucidity.. I had this dream that i have at least once a week that my teeth are crumbling apart to nothing and it actually comes with pain. I know its happening and it kind of makes me upset because of the pain that I feel when i have the dream. I know the dream is going on and I want to wake up to stop it but i cant wake myself up.. which is where I think the lucidity comes in: I can almost control it. It's super weird and freaky.. and the other night it actually got me so mad because I just wanted to go to sleep but I couldnt without having this painful dream first.


If you can't wake yourself up, you haven't mastered lucid dreaming. :pop: I certainly haven't either, but when i'm lucid dreaming I never have any problems waking myself up, just do inception-like crazy stuff in the dream, you'll wake up.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,601
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Strange Dreams Thread

Postby mac5155 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:12 am

Idoit40fans wrote:
mac5155 wrote:lol awesome! i'm glad you bumped this thread. Wednesday night I was in bed and I think i have mastered lucidity.. I had this dream that i have at least once a week that my teeth are crumbling apart to nothing and it actually comes with pain. I know its happening and it kind of makes me upset because of the pain that I feel when i have the dream. I know the dream is going on and I want to wake up to stop it but i cant wake myself up.. which is where I think the lucidity comes in: I can almost control it. It's super weird and freaky.. and the other night it actually got me so mad because I just wanted to go to sleep but I couldnt without having this painful dream first.


If you can't wake yourself up, you haven't mastered lucid dreaming. :pop: I certainly haven't either, but when i'm lucid dreaming I never have any problems waking myself up, just do inception-like crazy stuff in the dream, you'll wake up.


I will have dreams about famous women and picture myself with them.. its kinda cool cause I can somewhat control what happens :pop:
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 48,057
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: Strange Dreams Thread

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:15 am

mac5155 wrote:I will have dreams about famous women and picture myself with them.. its kinda cool cause I can somewhat control what happens :pop:


But unfortunately, just like in real life, the end comes too early

Image
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 57,917
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Strange Dreams Thread

Postby newarenanow on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:19 am

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,624
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: Strange Dreams Thread

Postby DocEmrick on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:21 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumb @ Shad
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,586
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:33 pm
Location: 39°6′32″N 76°46′17″W

Re: Strange Dreams Thread

Postby the wicked child on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:30 am

win.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,885
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: Strange Dreams Thread

Postby mac5155 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:34 am

shafnutz05 wrote:
mac5155 wrote:I will have dreams about famous women and picture myself with them.. its kinda cool cause I can somewhat control what happens :pop:


But unfortunately, just like in real life, the end comes too early

Image


OK Mr Crybaby...it was just a dream :lol:
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 48,057
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: Strange Dreams Thread

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:35 am

lolol...touche
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 57,917
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Strange Dreams Thread

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:36 am

mac5155 wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:
mac5155 wrote:I will have dreams about famous women and picture myself with them.. its kinda cool cause I can somewhat control what happens :pop:


But unfortunately, just like in real life, the end comes too early

Image


OK Mr Crybaby...it was just a dream :lol:


Are you a crymaxer?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,601
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Strange Dreams Thread

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:37 am

lol, crymaxing is indeed a fascinating phenomenon
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 57,917
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Strange Dreams Thread

Postby mac5155 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:38 am

lol i had to google that one
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 48,057
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: Strange Dreams Thread

Postby DocEmrick on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:39 am

Lucid Dreaming can be induced with a lot of practice. Then the real fun begins. I used to be able to Lucid Dream and control the details of my dreams, albeit short it was still very cool. Lost the ability to do it recently, but will be working on getting it back.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,586
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:33 pm
Location: 39°6′32″N 76°46′17″W

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Digitalgypsy66, dodint, Jim, Loaf31, meow, mikey287, Old Time Hockey, the wicked child and 8 guests


e-mail