LGP Fantasy Hockey Keeper League

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: LGP Fantasy Hockey Keeper League

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:49 am

bhaw wrote:
cheesesteakwithegg wrote:
Pitts wrote:bhaw is changing his pick to John-Michael Liles. He just can't get to the board right now.

Someone read the injury report for Bogosian :pop:

No, LITT already had him. Bogosian only out 4-6 weeks. There won't even be a season yet.

I didnt realize he was already gone. I have been looking at him for a while, but that 4-6 months thing kept making me wait. At the rate these negotiations are going, he will probably be ready for game 1
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kraftster on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:52 am

I loved Bogo his draft year and invested heavily in him in all leagues. He's not been too impressive yet. He was very raw, though, getting serious about hockey pretty late in his life. Has the tools to be a total stud but better start showing some strides soon.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitts on Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:27 am

Does Azkar know he's up?
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Azkar on Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:18 pm

Oops, saw I was up, meant to pick, then forgot.
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:10 pm

Kraftster, in your contracts fantasy hockey league? How are you guys going to handle it if a significant portion of the season is lost. Still using up a year of contracts? I guess you would have to.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kraftster on Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:54 pm

Oh god. Its a mess. It wouldn't be so bad if we had a separate rookie/pro draft, but we have a combined draft. We will not be counting this season against any contracts. We plan to have a draft next year to include all of the free agents and 2012 NHL Entry Draft draftees. So that picks are not significantly devalued (for example, with not only Yak, Galchenyuk, etc. available in the draft but also Seth Jones and co. next year), we are going to hold a separate rookie draft after next year's draft, based upon a new draft order generated by a method we've established, for only the 2013 NHL Entry Draft Draftees.

What we haven't decided yet, is what to do with or entry level contracts (farm team). They automatically get a max 3 year deal. They lose eligibility either (a) when they turn 22 if they've played at least 100 games (skater) or 35 games (goalie), (b) when they've played 100 games or 35 games in the event that they are older than 22, or (c) at the expiration of their 3 year deal. For those longer-term players who will be most likely losing eligibility at the expiration of 3 years, we haven't decided what to do yet.

More information than requested, I realize, but it helps me to recite it all and make sure it makes sense.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:03 pm

Yeah obviously it doesn't affect me, but I started thinking about it for some reason and realized that would be a huge pain in the...neck. That is pretty annoying.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pitts on Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:19 am

I believe our draft has died.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby TheHammer24 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:11 pm

Who's up
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Troy Loney on Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:14 pm

So, if the season gets cancelled, how do we handle next year's draft class?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby TheHammer24 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:22 pm

Troy Loney wrote:So, if the season gets cancelled, how do we handle next year's draft class?

Refuse to contemplate that a cancellation is possible. However, if the season is canceled, we would probably just hold another rookie draft with a similar order.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pitts on Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:23 pm

TheHammer24 wrote:Who's up

cheese
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Troy Loney on Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:26 pm

TheHammer24 wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:So, if the season gets cancelled, how do we handle next year's draft class?

Refuse to contemplate that a cancellation is possible. However, if the season is canceled, we would probably just hold another rookie draft with a similar order.

We do an entire redraft right?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kraftster on Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:29 pm

TheHammer24 wrote:

To come up with the draft order for the 2013 incoming rookie class specifically, my other league is doing the following drawing:

12th place team: 12 chances
11th place team: 11 chances
10th place team: 10 chances
1st place team: 1 chance

Drawing randomly with those odds and using that order. Same order seems overly favorable to the worst teams, totally random order seems overly favorable to the best teams, so this seemed like a decent compromise.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Troy Loney on Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:33 pm

Self loathing penguin fans? You guys feel guilty about the Pens' getting malkin in crosby during the lockout?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby TheHammer24 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:41 pm

Kraftster wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:

To come up with the draft order for the 2013 incoming rookie class specifically, my other league is doing the following drawing:

12th place team: 12 chances
11th place team: 11 chances
10th place team: 10 chances
1st place team: 1 chance

Drawing randomly with those odds and using that order. Same order seems overly favorable to the worst teams, totally random order seems overly favorable to the best teams, so this seemed like a decent compromise.

That would work. Re Troy: I wouldn't do an entire redraft.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:43 pm

We would have to redraft. Plenty of people have been taken already whose draft spot will drastically drop as they age. Selanne, Jagr immediately come to mind.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Troy Loney on Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:48 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:We would have to redraft. Plenty of people have been taken already whose draft spot will drastically drop as they age. Selanne, Jagr immediately come to mind.

Was there no free agency period after the 2003 season? I remember a ton of player movement before the 2005 season which would have drastically changed player values going into the season.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:53 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:We would have to redraft. Plenty of people have been taken already whose draft spot will drastically drop as they age. Selanne, Jagr immediately come to mind.

agree
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:19 pm

Eww, a redraft would suck.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Troy Loney on Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:21 pm

I agree. But am I wrong in thinking that there was a huge free agency period after the season was cancelled. Wouldn't that player movement drastically change the value of players...especially goaltenders?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kraftster on Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:25 pm

Troy Loney wrote:I agree. But am I wrong in thinking that there was a huge free agency period after the season was cancelled. Wouldn't that player movement drastically change the value of players...especially goaltenders?

There was a free agency period, I'm just not sure whether it was the equivalent of the Parise, Suter, et al. class or of the upcoming Perry, Iginla, etc. class.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Troy Loney on Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:26 pm

Kraftster wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:I agree. But am I wrong in thinking that there was a huge free agency period after the season was cancelled. Wouldn't that player movement drastically change the value of players...especially goaltenders?

There was a free agency period, I'm just not sure whether it was the equivalent of the Parise, Suter, et al. class or of the upcoming Perry, Iginla, etc. class.

Penguins got Gonchar and Edmonton got Pronger.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:26 pm

This league wasn't around then (and is fantasy as opposed to the actual league anyway) so whatever happened then is irrelevant. Moreover, what you're suggesting is that players contracts expired at that time. In a keeper league, all players are on 1 year deals, so to be consistent with that, we would reselect keepers and everyone else would go back into free agency.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Troy Loney on Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:32 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:

This league wasn't around then (and is fantasy as opposed to the actual league anyway) so whatever happened then is irrelevant.

I'm not i'm making myself clear....the draft we're completing now is for the 2012-2013 season. If there is no 2012-2013 season, then we're supposed to take this team, regardless of whatever happens in terms of trades and player movement before the 2013-2014 season and just start?

Seems like some teams are going to really luck out and some teams screwed.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR