canaan wrote:The next season of Boardwalk will be the last.
cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Anyone watch the season premiere?
A few thoughts....Spoiler:- Obviously not the greatest show in the world, but I am sad that this is the last season (and that it is only 8 episodes).
- Typical season premiere for Boardwalk -> Kinda slow, but some brutal scenes, and was more or less a set up for the rest of the season.
i loved it. their cinematography is top notch.
- Loved the Rothstein character. Sucks that we don't get to see him anymore and didn't get to see his death.
I loved the hinting at it in the last season with the gambling binge. glancing over it was a misstep (understandably...how do you fit it in with the time lapse?) but with such a ruthless, cunning character, he deserved an end.
- Can't wait to see what Nucky does to retaliate towards Lansky (since he obviously went to Cuba to take Nucky out / probably steal the Baccardi business)
that machete/cleaver(?) scene was in the same vein as when the butcher scene a couple of seasons back. great stuff. that juxtaposed with him teaching the young kid how he does business was an excellent callback to his flashback learning how to do business when he was sweeping the floor for a dollar.
- Have no idea how they are going to pack everything in to the last 7 episodes, specially since we haven't seen major characters like Eli, Capone, Narcisse, and Van Alden yet.
the last 3 episodes are going to be pretty awesome
- Still doesn't make sense why that one guy pulled a gun on Chalky. So that he could talk on the phone for him?
i assume them to be setting up for the next episode...that didnt make a lot of sense to me, but i didnt think much of the scene.
legame wrote:I'm interested in seeing how and when all of these side plots meet.
the wicked child wrote:legame wrote:I'm interested in seeing how and when all of these side plots meet.
If it were a standard length season, I would agree... but I'm concerned with only 5 episodes left to tie everything up.
I can at least see how Margaret is going to come back into the fold (even if I wish she wasn't)... Jimmy's mother should have been left out... I can't imagine a scenario where she makes the main story more interesting at this point. And Chalky... man, I get that he would be fairly destroyed by what happened with his daughter, but I'm struggling to see how he's going to fit back in at this point.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests