America's Black Projects

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

America's Black Projects

Postby DocEmrick on Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:27 am

First wanted to thank everyone for the replies in the new job thread, the thoughts conveyed are pretty much what I was thinking. When I told my employer I quit, they took the low road and tried to act in a threatening manner. It was just strange, but these are strange times we live in.

Moving forward, I was offered a job with a defense contractor that does truly amazing work in the way of securing our troops overseas and keeping them safe while operating in the field. I figured I'd post some information for one of my favorite sector's of our country, the Military Industrial Complex.

Obviously, being hired 1st quarter after this happened is no surprise:

The Pentagon dropped its $533 billion budget this week...Finding the Pentagon’s secret money in the budget involves a bit of document diving and some back-of-the-envelope calculations. A number of programs labeled “classified” are tucked away into the operations and maintenance, procurement and research development, testing and evaluation budgets. Find each budget’s classified total (about $19 billion each for operations and procurement and $18 billion in research), add them together and you’ve got a ballpark black budget.

Taken from: http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/02 ... ck-budget/

$56 billion (at least) allocated to r&d of technologies that the average civilian has no idea exists.

Despite warnings from previous President's, Eisenhower comes to mind, the MIC thrives in the US thanks to secrecy. During the 50s and 60s, this secrecy ushered in the development of some of the advanced aircraft at the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_U-2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_SR-71_Blackbird

In the 60s and 70s (earlier than you think), the development of a sophisticated stealth aircraft was underway. But what if another country had this technology first? Another country did.

Spoiler:

Nazi scientists had begun working on an undetectable design.

Called the Horten 229, the radical "flying wing" fighter-bomber looked and acted a lot like the U.S. Air Force's current B-2 — right down to the "stealth" radar-evading characteristics. Fortunately for the world, the Ho 229 wasn't put into mass production before Nazi Germany surrendered in May 1945.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,529548,00.html (Posted from Fox just for Shad)

Unless you're an aviation expert or a WW II buff, you probably have never heard of the Ho229. If that's the case what else haven't you heard of? Take for example the WASP, and the WASP-2.

Now called the X-Jet, this system was originally designed for quick, battlefield superiority. With mounted M-16a2 rifles (at the time), it was the hope of field operators that enemies would not understand this thing during an invasion and surrender. Not unlike...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/na ... 020199.htm

A several hundred foot holographic projection of Allah over Iraq? It didn't happen during the Gulf War, but the second invasion of Iraq 4 years after the writing of that article, our technology had progressed and something like that was entirely feasible.

So what's really going on behind-the-scenes? With my clearance, I obviously don't know everything. The way the ONI and Air Force Special Projects branches operate is they put several different departments of one or multiple contractors and sub-contractors in charge of one piece. When you get high enough up, you begin to see the big picture.

It is my belief that the U.S. is in possession of technology that's about 30 to 40 years ahead of what the public sees. This can be substantiated by the donut contrails seen leaving Groom Lake,

Codenamed the "Aurora" by those not "in-the-know," the alleged SR-91 Stealth plane uses a PDE, pulse detonation engine, or a modification of said propulsion system

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulse_detonation_engine

The first flight of an aircraft powered by a pulse detonation engine took place at the Mojave Air & Space Port on January 31, 2008

Well that's interesting, considering that PDE-like contrails have been observed since at least the early 90s. I can confirm the existence of the "Aurora," however, as I have had first-hand discussions with an Air Force officer who refused to comment on the plane or program, stating that "It's not for the public to know. It's something our country has developed over the past 15 years to be superior in every aspect to our current aerial arsenal." That was fine with me, and I didn't press the matter due to the nature of the sensitivity of stuff like this. It goes deeper than that though. Sightings of aerial craft such as the alleged TR-3B, photographed during a test flight over Belgium. Plenty of other Delta shaped aircraft can be seen in the Mojave desert travelling at unheard of rates of speed. Unamanned or manned? That is unknown at this time.

The TR-3B, an offshoot of the TR-3A (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TR-3A_Black_Manta) is powered by a propulsion system that is currently unkown. Many speculate that it is nuclear, and given some of the events of the past regarding nuclear powered aircraft in the U.S; I'm inclined to think it is a hybrid system. The TR-3B makes no audible noise, when it hovers above a certain altitude, similar to the F-117.

The testing for the propulsion system of this craft goes back at least to the 80s and the Cash-Landrum Incident. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cash-Landrum_incident

Also, it's hush hushed, but the family that sued the government, and lost the case; received an "anonymous" donation to cover medical costs after the case.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: America's Black Projects

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:41 am

Very interesting. I was watching a UFO show yesterday about sightings of hexagonal and Delta shaped aircraft that didn't make any noise while in flight. The UFOs were most likely related to the aircraft you mentioned above.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DocEmrick on Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:49 am

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Very interesting. I was watching a UFO show yesterday about sightings of hexagonal and Delta shaped aircraft that didn't make any noise while in flight. The UFOs were most likely related to the aircraft you mentioned above.

That's cool. It's known the CIA perpetuated the UFO/Aliens hypothesis, especially during the development of the U2 and SR-71 in the 50s and 60s, to conceal the technology we had. Why would we think they'd do any different?

Look at all the movies about aliens, talk of UFO's in the media. Is it a conditioning project to accept that we are not alone? Or are they more cover stories for even more exotic technology that has been home-grown, developed and perfected here on good ole' planet earth? I believe in extraterrestrial's, I think you have to be in serious denial to not believe. But whether or not those ET's have visited / are as sophisticated as us is questionable.

I will say this, I believe that 99% of sightings are either misidentified, hoaxed, or black projects that the Air Force/Navy is working on. This leaves a very small number of sightings/anecdotes that can never be substantiated anyways.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DocEmrick on Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:56 am

Also note that the current classified projects are scheduled to be unveiled in 2025, if not sooner (depending on r&d). So stay healthy, and you may live long enough to see...

Vindication.

YEEEEEEEEEEAH
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby bhaw on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:21 am

By replying in this thread, will I have people knocking on my door? :lol:

j/k - everything you are talking about is all over the internet and TV anyways. I always assume that what we see military-wise is about 20-30 years old by the time we know about it. So who knows what's actually flying around Afghanistan right now (maybe Doc does ;) )?

Is it correct in saying that the Aurora is mainly a spy plane while the black manta is cargo transport? I think you talked about the flying triangles in a UFO thread and that is what you mentioned...
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby count2infinity on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:24 am

the carrots.... just sayin.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Point Breeze Penguins on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:33 am

The thread title is misleading...:pop:
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby DocEmrick on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:34 am

bhaw wrote:By replying in this thread, will I have people knocking on my door? :lol:

j/k - everything you are talking about is all over the internet and TV anyways. I always assume that what we see military-wise is about 20-30 years old by the time we know about it. So who knows what's actually flying around Afghanistan right now (maybe Doc does ;) )?

Is it correct in saying that the Aurora is mainly a spy plane while the black manta is cargo transport? I think you talked about the flying triangles in a UFO thread and that is what you mentioned...

:lol: You never know. The big thing right now is the Stealth UCAV. http://www.popularmechanics.com/technol ... ry/4339138

The TR-3A Black Manta was developed by Northrop Grumman, and was never put into production, that we know about. You are spot on with transport though, the TR-3B has been transporting either special forces (debatable given the rate of speed, and hypersonic nature of the craft), or large hardware to be implemented in the battlefield, at heights of the upper-stratosphere.

It's my guess that the TR-3B is currently used as a multi-task vehicle. It likely can be fitted with cameras, or weapons that could get in to a hot zone, and out of a hot zone within mere minutes, with little to no AA guns picking up on it, and likely confusing the enemy to think that it's something from another world. Think of a gigantic, unamanned craft remotely flown from Groom Lake, dropping in supplies/weapons/missiles/tanks to a unit operating in a completely unsurveiled desert in Afghanistan. Or add in the danger of surveillance. One night, a group of Taliban move through an area, see absolutely nothing. Less than a half hour later, an entire medical station/armored regiment/assault force is dropped into that same area; quietly and quickly.

Or say there's a nuclear site in Iran. The TR-3B goes in, snaps photos while either A.) Iranians run around saying "omg alienz!" or B.) Completely undetected from far above. It's a win/win for the U.S.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DocEmrick on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:35 am

Point Breeze Penguins wrote:The thread title is misleading...:pop:

:lol:
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby The Snapshot on Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:20 am

"With your clearance" it seems to be a good thing that yours is not higher - seeing as how you might post stuff on a Hockey Message board. 8-)
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby ulf on Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:35 am

Haha this thread is not what I thought it was. Cool stuff though.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby DocEmrick on Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:40 am

The Snapshot wrote:"With your clearance" it seems to be a good thing that yours is not higher - seeing as how you might post stuff on a Hockey Message board. 8-)

Unless I held back in the OP. :pop:
Spoiler:
:thumb: :lol:
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby bhaw on Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:50 am

DocEmrick wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:"With your clearance" it seems to be a good thing that yours is not higher - seeing as how you might post stuff on a Hockey Message board. 8-)

Unless I held back in the OP. :pop:
Spoiler:
:thumb: :lol:

I can see Doc's Top Secret Security polygraph test:

"Have you ever put this country's national security at risk by revealing government secrets?"
"uhh... yes, all the time."
"If you have higher clearance, would you reveal those secrets?"
"Probably."
"Have you taken drugs of any kind?
"Of course not."
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DocEmrick on Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:57 am

:lol:

:pop:
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby tifosi77 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:12 pm

DocEmrick wrote:The TR-3B makes no audible noise, when it hovers above a certain altitude, similar to the F-117.

1) The Nighthawk, while quieter than other tactical jets, was plenty noisy.

2) It could not hover at any altitude....at least not on purpose or for any useful period of time. Any aircraft can hover for a moment or two. But this is usually followed pretty soon thereafter by what is called a 'departure', as in 'I have just departed the realm of controlled flight'.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:09 pm

Anyone else just have some problems getting LGP to load?
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby count2infinity on Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:19 pm

just after this thread was put on i did... now it's back :scared:
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby viva la ben on Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:24 pm

u dun goofed Doc,

CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby DocEmrick on Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:45 pm

THEY BACKTRACED ME
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DocEmrick on Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:47 pm

tifosi77 wrote:
DocEmrick wrote:The TR-3B makes no audible noise, when it hovers above a certain altitude, similar to the F-117.

1) The Nighthawk, while quieter than other tactical jets, was plenty noisy.

2) It could not hover at any altitude....at least not on purpose or for any useful period of time. Any aircraft can hover for a moment or two. But this is usually followed pretty soon thereafter by what is called a 'departure', as in 'I have just departed the realm of controlled flight'.

Should have been more clear here. I actually meant to refer to the B-2, and the F-117 and B-2 cannot hover. The TR-3B has been seen loitering for indefinite amounts of time.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby roland on Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:02 pm

Doc, have you ever heard of the Blackswift HTV 3X? Fox news had a video on their site for awhile but now it's gone but it has been posted elsewhere.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5xulx ... amjet_tech

Mach 10 they say, or just under 10,000 mph. :shock:
roland
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Gaucho on Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:08 pm

Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DocEmrick on Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:32 pm

roland wrote:Doc, have you ever heard of the Blackswift HTV 3X? Fox news had a video on their site for awhile but now it's gone but it has been posted elsewhere.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5xulx ... amjet_tech

Mach 10 they say, or just under 10,000 mph. :shock:

Scramjets have come a long way. No doubt they're the most powerful public knowledge propulsion engine. Exotic engines and hybrids are always in testing, and most of them fail within 3 or 4 years before modifications are made. The F-22 was fitted with some kind of hydrogen powered scramjet prior to it's final development (I believe it was codnamed F-22a or something similar). It was changed to a two seater.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DocEmrick on Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:33 pm

Gaucho wrote:Image

DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby blackjack68 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:41 pm

Point Breeze Penguins wrote:The thread title is misleading...:pop: