LGP Golf Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: LGP Golf Thread

Postby André on Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:09 am

Finally starting to get things somewhat together in my second summer as a golfer. 44 shots on 9 holes the other day. HCP 28, if that tells you guys anything? Is the HCP system global? I see there's an american standard and a european but don't know the difference.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,332
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:51 am
Location: Gävle, Sweden

Re: LGP Golf Thread

Postby Rylan on Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:15 am

Andre. do you normally shoot around 100 per round?
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,014
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: LGP Golf Thread

Postby Orlando Penguin on Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:32 pm

André wrote:Finally starting to get things somewhat together in my second summer as a golfer. 44 shots on 9 holes the other day. HCP 28, if that tells you guys anything? Is the HCP system global? I see there's an american standard and a european but don't know the difference.



If you're shooting 44 for 9, that's practically bogey golf. If you're consistent like that over a number of rounds, that 28 will be dropping into the teens in no time.
Orlando Penguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,423
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Orlando, FL

Re: LGP Golf Thread

Postby Orlando Penguin on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:20 pm

Just a routine 59 out of Steelers fan and PA native Jim Furyk today at the BMW.
Orlando Penguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,423
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Orlando, FL

Re: LGP Golf Thread

Postby count2infinity on Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:59 pm

I couldn't imagine hitting a 59, let alone a 59 with a bogey.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,692
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: #isitoctoberyet??? Lololololololol

Re: LGP Golf Thread

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:12 pm

count2infinity wrote:I couldn't imagine hitting a 59, let alone a 59 with a bogey.


That's the worst part: he could've had a 57 or a 58. I feel like that hole would haunt me.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,367
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: LGP Golf Thread

Postby ulf on Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:50 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
count2infinity wrote:I couldn't imagine hitting a 59, let alone a 59 with a bogey.


That's the worst part: he could've had a 57 or a 58. I feel like that hole would haunt me.

There isn't much that haunts you after you fire a 59 lol
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,951
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Re: LGP Golf Thread

Postby count2infinity on Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:17 am

Heck the day I shot a 76, I had a double bogey. I don't even think about that hole. It was hole 4 or 5, so it was so early in the round I didn't realize what I had going. I just think about the best score I've ever shot. Furyk's was on 14 if memory serves? So he had an idea of what he had going, but recovered nicely.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,692
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: #isitoctoberyet??? Lololololololol

Re: LGP Golf Thread

Postby shafnutz05 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:50 pm

Big congrats to Henrik Stenson. The guy was dead in the water at the beginning of 2012, and has put together an incredible couple of years that culminates in the Fed Ex Cup this year. Sweet payday
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 56,932
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: LGP Golf Thread

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:39 am

this gentleman is excited to play bedford springs from the first time in two weeks
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,143
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: LGP Golf Thread

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:58 am

Letang Is The Truth wrote:this gentleman is excited to play bedford springs from the first time in two weeks


LITT should be excited to play bedford springs, as it is a really really fun course to play. it should be really pretty this time of year, especially with the leaves chaning.

kenny the kangaroo's advice: dont let the course fool you into being conservative off the tee. there are a lot of holes where at first glance it seems like you need to play it safe on the front nine. but its ok to be agressive.

side note: has anyone else played wanango up in oil city?
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,090
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:15 am
Location: Under the Skycoaster

Re: LGP Golf Thread

Postby MRandall25 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:13 pm

Figured I'd put this in here since this is, in fact, the golf thread, and is a follow-up to my post(s) about looking for woods:

Got a 3 and 5 RBZ Stage 2 woods. Went to Pine Creek Golf (the range off of Duncan Avenue) and hit those and the Cobra AMP (whittled it down to those 2). Ball jumped so much better off the RBZ than the AMP, even when I "missed" it (1st time swinging a club since August).

Really excited to use these on the course. Much better than my 7 year old Golden Bear woods.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,367
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: LGP Golf Thread

Postby ulf on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:16 pm

Nice. I won 150 in pro shop moneys from match play (no big deal) and I'm probably gonna buy a new 3 wood. Haven't really looked into it yet.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,951
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Re: LGP Golf Thread

Postby count2infinity on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:37 pm

I'm currently looking for a set of rocketbladez. I hit quite a few demo clubs this past summer and those were the ones that felt the best. Just looking for a good sale at this point.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,692
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: #isitoctoberyet??? Lololololololol

Re: LGP Golf Thread

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:38 pm

Keep your eye in woot
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,143
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: LGP Golf Thread

Postby count2infinity on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:40 pm

yeah. i've seen the rbz and rbz max on there. hit both of those this past summer and didn't really like them as much as the bladez.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,692
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: #isitoctoberyet??? Lololololololol

Re: LGP Golf Thread

Postby Orlando Penguin on Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:32 pm

(dredging this thread back up again)

Any of you golf guys see that mess in the desert today? That French guy was escaping cactus left and right after hitting it like we do.
Orlando Penguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,423
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Orlando, FL

Re: LGP Golf Thread

Postby shafnutz05 on Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:01 pm

Oh look! Rory McIlroy choked again!
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 56,932
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: LGP Golf Thread

Postby count2infinity on Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:03 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:Oh look! Rory McIlroy choked again!


At a certain point it just becomes and expected thing for him... I feel bad for the guy as he seems like a nice enough dude, but when crunch time hits, he's the Fleury of the golfing world. :lol:
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,692
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: #isitoctoberyet??? Lololololololol

Re: LGP Golf Thread

Postby Grunthy on Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:05 pm

count2infinity wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:Oh look! Rory McIlroy choked again!


At a certain point it just becomes and expected thing for him... I feel bad for the guy as he seems like a nice enough dude, but when crunch time hits, he's the Fleury of the golfing world. :lol:



Women do that to the best of us.
Grunthy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,861
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: LGP Golf Thread

Postby ulf on Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:07 pm

Orlando Penguin wrote:(dredging this thread back up again)

Any of you golf guys see that mess in the desert today? That French guy was escaping cactus left and right after hitting it like we do.

That was ridiculous
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,951
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Re: LGP Golf Thread

Postby count2infinity on Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:10 pm

Grunthy wrote:
count2infinity wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:Oh look! Rory McIlroy choked again!


At a certain point it just becomes and expected thing for him... I feel bad for the guy as he seems like a nice enough dude, but when crunch time hits, he's the Fleury of the golfing world. :lol:



Women do that to the best of us.


I don't think I get that reference... could you elaborate?
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,692
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: #isitoctoberyet??? Lololololololol

Re: LGP Golf Thread

Postby Grunthy on Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:13 pm

count2infinity wrote:
Grunthy wrote:
count2infinity wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:Oh look! Rory McIlroy choked again!


At a certain point it just becomes and expected thing for him... I feel bad for the guy as he seems like a nice enough dude, but when crunch time hits, he's the Fleury of the golfing world. :lol:



Women do that to the best of us.


I don't think I get that reference... could you elaborate?



Rory started to suck when he started dating/engaged to this...

Image
Grunthy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,861
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: LGP Golf Thread

Postby DudeMan2766 on Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:14 pm

As insane as golf makes me if I don't play well, I think of any sport, if I were a pro, golf would be the one where I wouldn't give 2 s***s if I won or lost. Have more money than I'd ever be able to spend, most likely a perfect 10 on my arm, and I travel around playing golf with no other worries in the world. I envision myself even throwing the first two rounds once in a while so I can go enjoy the weekend. Fans would hate me because on tv it would come across that I just don't care.
Last edited by DudeMan2766 on Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,877
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:33 pm
Location: Squares don't fit in my circle.

Re: LGP Golf Thread

Postby Grunthy on Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:15 pm

I don't blame him... :pop:
Grunthy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,861
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:08 pm

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


e-mail