mac5155's tales from Fayettenam

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: mac5155's tales from Fayettenam

Postby slappybrown on Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:08 pm

"Pretty classic"? He didn't put food coloring in his friend's shampoo, or saran wrap over a toilet; he molested a kid.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,355
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:08 am
Location: Noted Board Henchman

Re: mac5155's tales from Fayettenam

Postby pensfan1989 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:13 am

Renatta Signorini ‏@ByRenatta 15m

Uniontown police report: juvenile charged for stealing Trojan condoms and lube from city drugstore bc he was "embarrassed" to pay for them.
pensfan1989
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,183
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:51 pm
Location: Ponakronkoski

Re: mac5155's tales from Fayettenam

Postby mac5155 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:21 am

in this area, i think you should give him a gold star. not many folks in u-town even use them.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,830
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: mac5155's tales from Fayettenam

Postby Troy Loney on Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:41 pm

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/south ... 1403240168

How are the mental health facilities down there?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,644
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: mac5155's tales from Fayettenam

Postby mac5155 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:09 am

Troy Loney wrote:http://www.post-gazette.com/local/south/2014/03/24/Feds-Inmate-sent-Obama-threat-to-wrong-address/stories/201403240168

How are the mental health facilities down there?


Well he's in SCI Houtzdale now which is outside of Tyrone PA. But yeah this guy wasn't too bright.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,830
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: mac5155's tales from Fayettenam

Postby pensfan1989 on Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:37 am

pensfan1989
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,183
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:51 pm
Location: Ponakronkoski

Re: mac5155's tales from Fayettenam

Postby mac5155 on Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:08 am

rofl
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,830
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: mac5155's tales from Fayettenam

Postby BuckintheLou on Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:49 pm

All hype. The real perp is comfortably back in German Township. (This reported to me by a lady I work with originally from Charleroi).
BuckintheLou
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:24 pm
Location: St. Louis (by way of Greene Co, Pa)

Re: mac5155's tales from Fayettenam

Postby mac5155 on Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:51 pm

Charleroi eh? City folk. Side note, Charleroi has to mean "one big @$$ hill" in another language, no?
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,830
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: mac5155's tales from Fayettenam

Postby BuckintheLou on Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:17 pm

Reckon it does. My dad affectionately referred to anybody living close to the river as 'River Rats'.
Anyway, we're both retired GI's (from SW Pa.) working in Civil Service out here at Scott AFB in Illinois. Don't laugh. Besides the moron politicians, the thugs and lazy couch potatoes in E. St Louis and dumb ***$ in Chicago, the rest of the state is made up of pretty decent, hard working folks.

I need to mention that when I first seen the thread title, I figured you had to be a military type (or dependent) living down in Fayetteville, NC...the home of Fort Bragg and Pope AFB. That place has forever been know as 'Fayettenam'. Huh. Only the 4,677,981st time I've been wrong in my life!
BuckintheLou
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:24 pm
Location: St. Louis (by way of Greene Co, Pa)

Re: mac5155's tales from Fayettenam

Postby stopper40 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:48 pm

stopper40
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,767
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:51 am
Location: BANNED for liking Butterfingers

Re: mac5155's tales from Fayettenam

Postby dodint on Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:52 pm

BuckintheLou wrote:I need to mention that when I first seen the thread title, I figured you had to be a military type (or dependent) living down in Fayetteville, NC...the home of Fort Bragg and Pope AFB. That place has forever been know as 'Fayettenam'. Huh. Only the 4,677,981st time I've been wrong in my life!


mac might not be, but I'm at Cherry Point (near Camp Lejeune), if you want to call that close enough for hand grenades. I don't usually stop in "Fayettenam" when passing through if I can help it. Coincidentally I'm interviewing for a GS job in the midwest (WI) this week. Part of a migration, perhaps.
dodint
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,810
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:57 am
Location: PFiNC

Re: mac5155's tales from Fayettenam

Postby BuckintheLou on Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:09 pm

dodint wrote:
BuckintheLou wrote:I need to mention that when I first seen the thread title, I figured you had to be a military type (or dependent) living down in Fayetteville, NC...the home of Fort Bragg and Pope AFB. That place has forever been know as 'Fayettenam'. Huh. Only the 4,677,981st time I've been wrong in my life!


mac might not be, but I'm at Cherry Point (near Camp Lejeune), if you want to call that close enough for hand grenades. I don't usually stop in "Fayettenam" when passing through if I can help it. Coincidentally I'm interviewing for a GS job in the midwest (WI) this week. Part of a migration, perhaps.


It's close enough. Sent several dudes there (MCAS Cherry Point) when I was active duty to JI cargo loads.
Hope all goes well with your interview. Where in Wisconsin?
I too, am in the GS system as Scott AFB. Trying to get out of Illinois but not having much luck thus far.
BuckintheLou
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:24 pm
Location: St. Louis (by way of Greene Co, Pa)

Re: mac5155's tales from Fayettenam

Postby dodint on Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:20 pm

Fort McCoy. Normally I wouldn't bother applying, but UW-La Crosse has the doctorate program my wife wants, so it's a happy coincidence. Figure I can settle back into GS (I was a GS worker right out of the military, but only stayed six months, was a police dispatcher for Cherry Point) for five years and when my wife is ready to enter the job market I'll have enough experience and time to apply to a location closer to Pittsburgh. Do you find it's hard to switch jobs within the GS system once you're established or is there just nothing open you're interested in?
dodint
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,810
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:57 am
Location: PFiNC

Re: mac5155's tales from Fayettenam

Postby mac5155 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:15 pm

stopper40 wrote:http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2014/08/04/police-fight-over-golf-rules-sends-2-to-hospital/

Don't golf if you don't know the rules dude
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,830
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: mac5155's tales from Fayettenam

Postby BuckintheLou on Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:34 am

dodint wrote:Fort McCoy. Normally I wouldn't bother applying, but UW-La Crosse has the doctorate program my wife wants, so it's a happy coincidence. Figure I can settle back into GS (I was a GS worker right out of the military, but only stayed six months, was a police dispatcher for Cherry Point) for five years and when my wife is ready to enter the job market I'll have enough experience and time to apply to a location closer to Pittsburgh. Do you find it's hard to switch jobs within the GS system once you're established or is there just nothing open you're interested in?


It's not difficult to change jobs once you're in 'the system'. Like anything, just have to find an opening for what you're looking for.
And, it's no secret the current administration has worked tirelessly to downsize the job market. Whether military or civilian.
I'm in Air Operations (2150) and those jobs are primarily right here at Scott in AMC or USTC.
Again, I wish you and yours much luck with this possible opportunity.
BuckintheLou
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:24 pm
Location: St. Louis (by way of Greene Co, Pa)

Re: mac5155's tales from Fayettenam

Postby dodint on Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:54 am

Thanks. Small world kind of stuff, in the military (USMC) I was an Air Surpport Operations Operator. The FAA is always posting stuff for Pittsburgh, but for some reason I just have no interest in going down that path. I've worked to get my IT career going and it's starting to chug along. Thanks for the insight, I'm really going back and forth about the Wisconsin thing and part of the apprehenison is the idea of not being able to get out of my position to take one closer to Pittsburgh in five years. Cheers. :fist:
dodint
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,810
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:57 am
Location: PFiNC

Previous

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


e-mail