LGP Fantasy Baseball League

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: LGP Fantasy Baseball League - Year 3

Postby Mr. Colby on Thu May 17, 2012 3:29 pm

For guys that are sent to the minors, you shouldn't get a free call-up because you are the one that signed them to a contract... so it's like if they sign a contract they run out of option years.

I wouldn't mind if we did this though:

-If one of your MLB contract players is sent to AAA, you can replace them but you have to put them on waivers... if they are claimed then the GM that claims that player can keep them as a farm player for the rest of the season
-That player would still use 1 contract year
-If a player is claimed, the team that dropped the player gets some kind of draft pick compensation
-If a player is not claimed, the team that dropped the player must burn 1/12 FBO year

Would be cool to have something cutthroat like this I think
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Kraftster on Thu May 17, 2012 3:33 pm

I was thinking about that the other day. I sort of was thinking about it like NHL waivers, though. Like you could drop someone sent down and if they clear waivers they are down. But someone else can claim them but if they do they have to keep them on their pro roster. In MLB if you claim a guy who is out of options do you get him on your minor league team?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Mr. Colby on Thu May 17, 2012 3:34 pm

To clarify-

If your player clears waivers, he moves to your farm team at the cost of 1 FBO year.

But you have to call that player back up within 7 days of him being recalled from AAA or else you lose that player to free agency
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Kraftster on Thu May 17, 2012 3:35 pm

Mr. Colby wrote:To clarify-

If your player clears waivers, he moves to your farm team at the cost of 1 FBO year.

But you have to call that player back up within 7 days of him being recalled from AAA or else you lose that player to free agency

Oh, I like that. Does he have to "clear" to be sent down?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Mr. Colby on Thu May 17, 2012 3:37 pm

Kraftster wrote:I was thinking about that the other day. I sort of was thinking about it like NHL waivers, though. Like you could drop someone sent down and if they clear waivers they are down. But someone else can claim them but if they do they have to keep them on their pro roster. In MLB if you claim a guy who is out of options do you get him on your minor league team?

I don't think, I think you have to keep him in the majors

I proposed it the way I did because I think you should have to pay a penalty for being too trigger-happy on your contract signing. Plus it allows bottom feeder teams to take a chance on a guy at the expense of a low-mid draft pick
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby ulf on Thu May 17, 2012 3:41 pm

Should you have to waste a FBO year if he goes through waivers? I feel like the risk of losing him on waivers plus not being able to use him makes the penalty for signing him even out.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Mr. Colby on Thu May 17, 2012 3:41 pm

I'm thinking as I go here...

OK how about this:

-Player X (on a 3 year deal) gets sent to AAA. Kraftster attempts to send him down. Kraftster automatically burns 1 FBO year.
-Player X is then exposed to waivers.

-Player X is either:
A. Claimed off waivers, must report to the claiming team's MLB roster. Kraftster gets his 1 FBO year back.
B. Clears waivers, can be sent to Krafster's Farm team (must be recalled within 7 days of his actual recall OR at the start of the next season)

Notes:
-Player X will still have 2 years remaining after the season
-If Player X is not recalled within 7 days of his actual recall, he becomes a Free Agent
-If Player X becomes a free agent, Kraftster would not be eligible to resign him to a different deal
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Mr. Colby on Thu May 17, 2012 3:50 pm

My reasoning behind this thinking is that it seems like the point of having a league like this - contracts, farm team, etc. - is to run it similar to the way an actual team would

So there should be options available so guys can operate at a full roster (for the most part).

Though if you guys don't agree I'm fine with it, I still like this league a lot
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri May 18, 2012 8:30 am

I feel like IR spots should be limitless. I don't understand why we should need to have roster spots getting wasted because people are hurt. I don't really have a problem with players in AAA wasting spots though. If you signed them to a 1 year deal, cut them. If you signed them to a multi year deal, it was a bad deal. Like my Jurrjens deal. He just got lit up in AAA the other day and can't hit 90 on his fastball. He might be done. :pop:
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri May 18, 2012 11:44 am

Lulz at my starting lineup tonight. Tulo and Adam Jones are my only non braves in offensive positions.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby beerman on Mon May 28, 2012 8:37 am

Kraftster, Clippard was drafted by Kicksave this year viewtopic.php?f=5&t=57599&p=2053755&hilit=Clippard#p2053755

I'm not sure why he wasn't on his roster, not that it would help him at this point.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Kraftster on Mon May 28, 2012 11:47 am

Yeah, I think Kicksave overdrafted quite a bit. I don't think he ever made his final roster. I don't really see any way that he would be controlled by KS since he was never on his roster, not missing anything, am I?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon May 28, 2012 5:11 pm

He actually only has 21 men on his roster, with 2 men on DL. From what I can see that spot for Clippard was open at all times so he could have fit on the roster. He just wasn't added.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MWB on Mon May 28, 2012 7:28 pm

I thought all rosters had to be set awhile ago? It seems like each owner was asked to check their roster to make sure it was set and see if any adjustments were needed. Is Clippard on KS's google doc roster? At some point it's up to the owners to make sure things are good in a league like this.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue May 29, 2012 8:50 am

I don't see what the difference is if he kept the roster spot open. He didn't fill the position with someone else, he holds the rights.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kraftster on Tue May 29, 2012 9:36 am

I'm honestly not even sure if this is serious. I feel like it can't be.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Tue May 29, 2012 9:45 am

KS has 22 players signed to contracts, I'm not really sure what empty roster spot is being discussed if this is even a serious conversation. I don't see how he could "hold his rights" to....?.. use as a DL signing or eventually sign later? Doesn't that go against the whole idea of having to have contracts in?

I sent him a message on facebook in the LGP comment where he drafted after his selection of Clippard saying, "Hey fella, you are +1 MLB player and I think you are 1 over on your farm too -- do you want to continue to draft?" so it makes sense that he never had room to sign Clippard.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Tue May 29, 2012 10:12 pm

do we have a list of team names that correspond to lgp names?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Mr. Colby on Tue May 29, 2012 11:46 pm

On kraftster's side. Keep him.
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed May 30, 2012 12:32 pm

Kraftster wrote:KS has 22 players signed to contracts, I'm not really sure what empty roster spot is being discussed if this is even a serious conversation. I don't see how he could "hold his rights" to....?.. use as a DL signing or eventually sign later? Doesn't that go against the whole idea of having to have contracts in?

I sent him a message on facebook in the LGP comment where he drafted after his selection of Clippard saying, "Hey fella, you are +1 MLB player and I think you are 1 over on your farm too -- do you want to continue to draft?" so it makes sense that he never had room to sign Clippard.

Who are the 22? He has 21 players on his roster and 2 on the dl.

This is no different than if someone drafts someone who isn't added to the fantasy league yet and you draft them. You'd need to keep a roster spot open in order to maintain rights to them.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kraftster on Wed May 30, 2012 12:41 pm

I'm going by the google doc since that's how he submitted his contracts. There's 22 listed on there.

Well, its different because he was available. Shouldn't he have had to submit a contract? (All moot since he submitted 22 contracts and Clippard wasn't one of them).
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MWB on Wed May 30, 2012 4:42 pm

If clippard isn't on his yahoo roster, that's on KS. And if he's got 22 guys under contract on the google doc and one of them isn't clippard, that's on KS. Kraftster should be able to have him.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby ulf on Wed May 30, 2012 5:52 pm

why don't we just let kicksave say what happened?
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Kraftster on Thu May 31, 2012 8:33 am

Man has my pitching charcoaled the bed in the past 2 weeks. Picked up Felix and he's thrown two awful games, Garza touched up by the Pirates twice, Lee can't get a win to save his life, Kershaw doing his best Lincecum... Thank goodness for Samardzija.

beerman, your score line right now is completely ridiculous.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:10 am

Sweet. Add Tulo to my list of Longoria, Werth, Storen on the DL.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR