LGP Fantasy Baseball League

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: LGP Fantasy Baseball League - Year 3

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:08 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:Best decision i've ever made in a fantasy sport? Leaving Matusz on the board a couple years ago and taking Bumgarner.

matusz rules :pop:
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:10 am

Idoit40fans wrote:What need do you have?

I'm mainly looking to upgrade Samardizja or perhaps Garza as far as pitching goes, and possibly upgrading Cuddyer (2b) or Choo/Crawford.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:56 am

the fact that im 10th in SB and 7th in K shows how epicly bad i am
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby beerman on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:36 am

Anyone looking for catching help? I've got Wieters under contract through next year and Rosario and Sal Perez on my farm team both are tearing it up.

Not looking for anything specific atm..
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:46 am

I could let go of Santana for something insignificant. If Kraftster adds pitching, i'll give him to you. :pop:
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kraftster on Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:02 pm

Boo. That's like rooting for the Yankees.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:55 am

Haha twas a joke. I'm really tempted to sell, but I should have Morrow, Tulo, Longoria, and Storen all coming back in the next few weeks, so I should see a significant jump. Not gonna make a run for first, but am easily in position to make a run for second.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:46 am

if a player gets placed on the DL for the rest of the year, are we able to drop them or do they still occupy a DL spot?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Letang Is The Truth wrote:if a player gets placed on the DL for the rest of the year, are we able to drop them or do they still occupy a DL spot?

Drop them to the LTIR or whatever we've been calling it. Drop them from your team, it frees up one contract year so you can sign someone to replace them. You are signing this person to a contract that would need to be bought out if you drop them, this spot isn't considered an injury replacement.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kraftster on Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:03 am

I have a question about LTDL and what did we ever decided about signing a player who is an injury fill in?
I have Ruiz in for Brett Anderson who I am contemplating placing on Long Term DL for the remainder of the year. Can I keep Ruiz on my roster as the fill in without signing him? If not, can I sign him without dropping him?

Idoit just said that we have to sign a player to a contract if they are filling in for LT DL. Is that right? I think Beerman just added Kubel as a fill in without a contract (which I'm sure he can easily remedy just by putting him on a contract)?

Just want to iron this out before doing anything.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Troy Loney on Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:08 am

I think you can sign him to a contract right?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kraftster on Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:11 am

Troy Loney wrote:I think you can sign him to a contract right?

Well, this was the discussion we had earlier in the season that we (predictably) never really finally resolved, at least not that I remember.

The debate was whether you should be able to pick a player up as a fill in and then have exclusive control over that player to sign them to a longer term contract if they perform really well and you decide you want to add them to your team. I believe I was on the side of being able to sign the player, but I know there was some level of division on the topic. I'll see if I can dig up the gist of the posts.

In any event, I think that this situation is somewhat different in that I'm moving the injured player to long term DL to open up room on my roster to move another injured player to the DL. It would seem odd that I'd have to drop the player filling in for the injured player when its just more of a procedural move of the injured player from DL to LTDL.

EDIT: We did have a pretty good majority, of which I was a part, who said that you could not sign a player to a contract without first dropping him into the FA pool if he was originally on your team as an injury replacement.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:30 am

So, with that in mind, I guess my question still remains. What can I do with the injury replacement player I have on my roster for a guy who I may now move to LTDL?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Mr. Colby on Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:04 pm

Why can't you just move Brett Anderson to LTIR and sign a replacement for him, while having Ruiz be the replacement for your other regular DL player?
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Mr. Colby on Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:05 pm

Now that KUBJ is in striking distance, I'm ready to start wheeling and dealing. Looking for upgrades anywhere and everywhere. No one is off-limits.
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Kraftster on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:54 pm

Mr. Colby wrote:Why can't you just move Brett Anderson to LTIR and sign a replacement for him, while having Ruiz be the replacement for your other regular DL player?

I could do that, but then the length of time that I have Ruiz will be cut short, or at least shorter than the length of the injury to Anderson. If Anderson goes to LTIR, I would be able to keep Ruiz for the remainder of the year, if he gets converted to a replacement for Ian Desmond, I'll only have him for about a month.

Just looking at it from a logical standpoint, it would make sense that if you have a replacement for a player who you end up placing on LTDL, you ought to be able to have the same original replacement stay on for that player if you so choose.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Mr. Colby on Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:46 pm

Kraftster wrote:
Mr. Colby wrote:Why can't you just move Brett Anderson to LTIR and sign a replacement for him, while having Ruiz be the replacement for your other regular DL player?

I could do that, but then the length of time that I have Ruiz will be cut short, or at least shorter than the length of the injury to Anderson. If Anderson goes to LTIR, I would be able to keep Ruiz for the remainder of the year, if he gets converted to a replacement for Ian Desmond, I'll only have him for about a month.

Just looking at it from a logical standpoint, it would make sense that if you have a replacement for a player who you end up placing on LTDL, you ought to be able to have the same original replacement stay on for that player if you so choose.

Well signing a guy as a LTIR replacement player is considered signing a contract - so to have Ruiz replace that player you would have to sign him to a 1-year deal, which would then mean he would have to clear waivers first.

It seems pretty black and white to me here. Your options are 1) keep Anderson on regular DL and have Ruiz as his replacement the rest of the season, or 2) LTIR Anderson and sign somebody else and risk losing Ruiz when Desmond returns

Sucks, but I'm in a similar situation with Furcal
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Mr. Colby on Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:46 pm

I'm listening to offers for David Freese. He has 3 years remaining on his deal (2 after this). Anyone needing 3B help PM me.
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Kraftster on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:14 pm

Fair enough, it just seems illogical. I think we should put in a rule to address this next year. You can sign Injury Replacement Players without dropping them first if you move the player that the individual was originally replacing to LTDL.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:15 pm

I am interested in interfering with any trade that will make my competitors (Mr. Colby, Beerman) better, so please see if I can offer more than them before completing any trades. Which is always a good practice before making a trade but just letting everyone know.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:13 am

If you put someone on LTDL or whatever we're calling it, I think you should alway shave to sign them. If not, then the person you pick up should have to be dropped and go through waivers in order for anyone to actually sign them.

I was considering being a seller, but Ortiz and Longoria are about to be back in my lineup. Tulo should make a return this season as well and I think Morrow is near.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby beerman on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:24 am

My mistake on not signing Kubel I will drop him shortly and then sign him if he clears.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Kraftster on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:25 am

beerman wrote:My mistake on not signing Kubel I will drop him shortly and then sign him if he clears.

I am fine if you just convert it to a 1-year deal instead of doing that. We weren't very clear on wrapping up those issues.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:26 am

Even if we were clear, I don't think we ever made a decision. At least its safe to assume that no decision was made.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby beerman on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:32 am

Ok I can just sign him then?
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

PreviousNext

Return to NHR